PDA

View Full Version : More on Jets Stadium jepardizing Bills future...

Bill Brasky
05-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Jets' stadium could hit Bills in the wallet

By BOB DICESARE

What would you say if state lawmakers gave $350 million to the New York Jets that would jeopardize the existence of the Buffalo Bills? How would you react if your tax dollars were being used to contribute to the eventual departure of the pro sports franchise vital to Western New York's identity?

Beware, Bills fans. It might happen any day now.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050524/1055671.asp

Many people down here in the NYC area think that the stadium isn't going to get approved/voted on in time to make a difference... I hope it falls through :pray:

The_Philster
05-27-2005, 09:09 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=71985

Michael82
05-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Here's praying that it falls thru. I hope it does. I will sign any petition possible to fight this. And better yet, I hope that Paris or some other area get the Olympics. something tells me that it would be a nightmare in NYC. Plus, if NYC doesnt get the Olympics, then the stadium wont be built, IMO.

Bill Brasky
05-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Plus, if NYC doesnt get the Olympics, then the stadium wont be built, IMO.

Basically, if they keep putting the vote off it won't get approved. It the stadium isn't approved, then the Olympic council has already said there's no way that the city gets the Olympics.

There's many reasons I don't want thing thing, most obvious being the massive use of tax payer dollars for a friggen stadium when there's a ton of other problems in NYS.

There are so many people against this thing yet I wouldn't be surprised to see it get approved, a nice big FU to the citizens of this state who basically have no say in anything nowadays. They basically have us bent over with our pants around our ankles.

The only people that really want it built are the politicians and obviously Jets fans (though there are good amount of fans who also think it's a bad idea).

Michael82
05-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Good post! I'm glad that you and many others share the same view that I have. With a state that is losing people every single day and in sooo much debt, we can't afford to WASTE over $600 million in taxpayer money from the city and the STATE. If Bloomberg wants it that bad, maybe he should cough up some of his own money and maybe he should take all of it out of the NYC taxpayers. Then he will really find out how many people don't want it.

BTW, this whole thing also proves to us why we have one of the worst state governments around. Isn't it sad that they can spend $600 million of the taxpayers money with only 3 votes and they are all from that area? What's the point of having my local politicians if they don't even get a say in this ****? :shakeno:

i really hate that 3 men in a room government that we have. :ill:

Bill Brasky
05-27-2005, 04:49 PM
You are forgetting that the only people that give a crap about "upstate" don't matter because they aren't crammed next to 22 million other people in the so-called "greatest city in the world". I've lived all over the place and trust me, it's far from that title.

Honestly, I wish I could move back to WNY... I really don't understand the appeal of NYC. All it is, is a bunch of tall, out-dated buildings and miserable people with overpriced crap everywhere you turn... I don't understand what the big deal is? But I guess population is everything.

DynaPaul
05-29-2005, 02:54 PM
You are forgetting that the only people that give a crap about "upstate" don't matter because they aren't crammed next to 22 million other people in the so-called "greatest city in the world". I've lived all over the place and trust me, it's far from that title.

Honestly, I wish I could move back to WNY... I really don't understand the appeal of NYC. All it is, is a bunch of tall, out-dated buildings and miserable people with overpriced crap everywhere you turn... I don't understand what the big deal is? But I guess population is everything.

I hate NYC. It's filthy and antiquated. All major west coast cities smoke NYC in terms of cleanliness and things to do. Also, as an upstate resident, I'm sick of NYC residents' "we live in Rome" attitude. To them, nothing exists outside of NYC and LI except a barren wasteland. Then, they get sick of it and move upstate anyway and overpay for a house which drives the real estate prices way up.

Pathetic really.

BillsPride12
05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
All the more reason that I cannot wait until we put a beating on the Jets this season:blowup:

Bill Brasky
05-29-2005, 05:08 PM
All major west coast cities smoke NYC in terms of cleanliness and things to do.

Try telling that to a "New Yorker". "Out west" to them is Hoboken, NJ. I'd live in any city out west, whether urban or rural, over NYC in a heart beat.

Mr. Cynical
05-29-2005, 05:38 PM

Honestly, I wish I could move back to WNY... I really don't understand the appeal of NYC. All it is, is a bunch of tall, out-dated buildings and miserable people with overpriced crap everywhere you turn... I don't understand what the big deal is? But I guess population is everything.Why do I like it here? Because I can walk out of my apt and have everything I want within a 5-10 block radius, e.g., tons of restaurants, grocery stores, clothes, dry cleaning, hardware store, movie theatre, central park, lincoln center, carnegie hall, bars/pubs, UPS store, drug store, pet store, etc.

Convenience and tons of quality choices within walking distance. That's what the big deal is, at least for me. And alot of those "outdated" buildings are historical landmarks of incredible architectural appeal. (I've seen some in Buffalo that are like that as well and I wouldn't use outdated as a way to describe them) I've lived in 8 different states/cities, so it's not like I've only been here. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :smile:

STAMPY
05-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Why do I like it here? Because I can walk out of my apt and have everything I want within a 5-10 block radius, e.g., tons of restaurants, grocery stores, clothes, dry cleaning, hardware store, movie theatre, central park, lincoln center, carnegie hall, bars/pubs, UPS store, drug store, pet store, etc.

Convenience and tons of quality choices within walking distance. That's what the big deal is, at least for me. And alot of those "outdated" buildings are historical landmarks of incredible architectural appeal. (I've seen some in Buffalo that are like that as well and I wouldn't use outdated as a way to describe them) I've lived in 8 different states/cities, so it's not like I've only been here. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :smile:

NYC is the greatest city in the F'n World

EDS
05-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Why do I like it here? Because I can walk out of my apt and have everything I want within a 5-10 block radius, e.g., tons of restaurants, grocery stores, clothes, dry cleaning, hardware store, movie theatre, central park, lincoln center, carnegie hall, bars/pubs, UPS store, drug store, pet store, etc.

I agree. Anyone who is bashing NYC has not been to the city enough to appreciate it.

Bill Brasky
05-30-2005, 09:13 AM
NYC is the greatest city in the F'n World

stampy you are from Suffolk County... that's like living in Allentown and saying you're from Philly.

STAMPY
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
stampy you are from Suffolk County... that's like living in Allentown and saying you're from Philly.

you are a moron. NYC is an hour train ride away. I go to NYC weekly. NYC is still in Eastern NY dummy

Michael82
05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
you are a moron. NYC is an hour train ride away. I go to NYC weekly. NYC is still in Eastern NY dummy
an hour? And you think you live there? :rofl:

That's like me saying that I live in Buffalo. :lmao:

Cntrygal
05-30-2005, 11:26 AM
I agree. Anyone who is bashing NYC has not been to the city enough to appreciate it.

Rapid City, South Dakota is too big.

EDS
05-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Living in Suffolk County in no way means that you live in NYC, there are a whole separate set of issues and stereotypes associated with "Strong Island." I grew up in Suffolk County so I know all about it.

Typ0
05-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I love NY and have spent a significant amount of time there. It's a great city and people from rochester who have never been there should keep their traps shut. Rochester is a pathetic whole in the wall.

Michael82
05-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Rochester is a pathetic whole in the wall.
And you think Buffalo isn't? :rolleyes:

Michael82
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM

Convenience and tons of quality choices within walking distance. That's what the big deal is, at least for me.

And you don't think other places in Western NY are like that? I live in the town of Greece and that's my favorite thing about it. Everything is next to eachother. I could walk down the street and go to the mall, movie theatre, library, Wegmans, Golf course, bowling alley, clothing stores, post office, restaurants, fast food, hardware store, ice cream shop, sports store, car wash. It's all within the same mile or two from me. And I could walk there or drive.

EDS
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
And you don't think other places in Western NY are like that? I live in the town of Greece and that's my favorite thing about it. Everything is next to eachother. I could walk down the street and go to the mall, movie theatre, library, Wegmans, Golf course, bowling alley, clothing stores, post office, restaurants, fast food, hardware store, ice cream shop, sports store, car wash. It's all within the same mile or two from me. And I could walk there or drive.

Living in a small town defintely has its perks, most notably being the higher quality of life. The reason I live in the city thought is for work - for many professions (i.e., law, medicine) and industrys (i.e., banking, accounting, consulting, media, etc.) NYC is THE place to be.

STAMPY
05-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Theres no hillbillies in Eastern NY besides Freeman

Stewie
05-31-2005, 06:25 PM

I live in Cary, NC. I also live an hour ride away from NYC (nonstop from RDU-LGA). I also go there weekly. Doesn't mean I live in the city though ;)