PDA

View Full Version : Goldsberry getting good reviews...

mysticsoto
05-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Looks like Goldsberry is getting good reviews by others...I'm glad we got him! This is from a link about how the Colts let go a good prospect:

http://colts.scout.com/2/382004.html

Jon Goldsberry (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=113&p=8&c=1&nid=1407249)/FB/Purdue

Yes, another fullback. But Goldsberry was a linebacker for three years at Purdue. Remember the Colts' draft day themes of versatility and improving their special teams? Goldsberry is a poster child for those themes. To realize his value on special teams, just consider that he was named "Best Special Teams Kamikaze" in the Big Ten by the Sporting News. Is there any more catchy title than that for a special teams player? Pair that up with him being an Academic All-Big Ten and recipient of a leadership award, and he sounds like a guy the Colts should have inked.

Unfortunately, plenty of clubs called him after the draft as they new he was a guy with a great attitude and work ethic. "I realize I wasn't the best, strongest or fastest," he said. "But [I knew] if I went out there and smacked around on people long enough they would quit and I could outlast them mentally." This is one that the Colts should not have let slip away.

Where he landed: Buffalo, undrafted free agent, after being offered a healthy $20,000 signing bonus -- almost the same amount typically given a 7th-round pick. The Colts had only budgeted $85,000 for signing bonuses for their entire group of undrafted free agents, roughly half of what they spent the year prior. They just weren't convinced the talent level in the undrafted ranks were significantly different to warrant sizeable bonuses. As a result, here's a guy they lost.

ShadowHawk7
05-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Sweet! :up:

Jan Reimers
05-27-2005, 05:12 PM
I really like his potential. He may very well win the backup FB spot over Burns based on his special teams play, and take Shelton's place in a few years.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Once again I agree with you, Jan.