X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

I just bought Brett Favre's house.

Green Bay Packers: The buyer of Brett Favre's house says he was sold by the size of the residence, not the fact that its previous owner is the star quarterback of the Packers.

"But it was icing on the cake and a little more exciting for the kids," Scott Gage said. "It takes a little of the dread out of moving."

Gage, a Racine radiologist, and his wife, a pediatrician, will be moving into the Green Bay home this summer along with six of their eight children. The 7,800-square-foot house on a cul-de-sac has five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and a racquetball court, among other amenities.

The asking price was $895,000, down from the $1.3 million amount when Favre and his wife, Deanna, put it up for sale two years ago with a local realtor and also on the eBay online auction site. Brown County property tax records put the fair market value in 2004 at $958,100.

Gage said he hasn't met the Favres and doesn't expect them to be at the closing meeting, when the sale will be finalized.

"He's got better things to do," Gage said.

Just kidding!!!! That's my name though.
    Pretty funny that I was born 2 days before Favre, my daughter's name is Deanna and a guy named Scott Gage (my name) bought his house. How weird is that??
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Ah yes, the world is riddled with strange coincidence. How about the Cameron Diaz connection? You know....Favre was her mystery boyfriend in "Something about Mary" and you beat yourself to a pulp dreaming of Diaz.....the list goes on and on....
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Darn, I was all set to congratulate you, Scott. But the article does point out one thing: Home prices in Green Bay are very reasonable. That house would be several million on the Outer Banks.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
        Green Bay Packers: The buyer of Brett Favre's house says he was sold by the size of the residence, not the fact that its previous owner is the star quarterback of the Packers.

"But it was icing on the cake and a little more exciting for the kids," Scott Gage said. "It takes a little of the dread out of moving."

Gage, a Racine radiologist, and his wife, a pediatrician, will be moving into the Green Bay home this summer along with six of their eight children. The 7,800-square-foot house on a cul-de-sac has five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and a racquetball court, among other amenities.

The asking price was $895,000, down from the $1.3 million amount when Favre and his wife, Deanna, put it up for sale two years ago with a local realtor and also on the eBay online auction site. Brown County property tax records put the fair market value in 2004 at $958,100.

Gage said he hasn't met the Favres and doesn't expect them to be at the closing meeting, when the sale will be finalized.

"He's got better things to do," Gage said.

Just kidding!!!! That's my name though.
        Pretty funny that I was born 2 days before Favre, my daughter's name is Deanna and a guy named Scott Gage (my name) bought his house. How weird is that??
        man that guy is lucky,can't wait to tell my friend about this since he is a packers fan.
        :oldskool:
        micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Brett Favre's old house was only worth $1 million??

Properties here in Wisconsin are pretty cheap though.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

On average, $895K buys you an 800 sq ft one bedroom here in NYC, depending on the area. In Soho, places go for $1,100 per sq ft. on AVERAGE. Unreal.

I imagine with Brett's millions, their next place (wherever they go) is going to be alot more than a mil.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Darn, I was all set to congratulate you, Scott. But the article does point out one thing: Home prices in Green Bay are very reasonable. That house would be several million on the Outer Banks.

Absolutely!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X