X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Bledsoe:Parcells Treatment of Vets

Sounds like Parcells is trying to let DB know that he believes in his ability as a player & leader.. Maybe he feels like the Bills staff tried to baby-sit him too much.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Best of luck Drew.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• giusey1for-bills
      • May 2005

hello everyone, glad to be a member. thank you!

Comment

• giusey1for-bills
        • May 2005

I read some interesting things about the bills, I believe they will be better than last year.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by giusey1for-bills
          I read some interesting things about the bills, I believe they will be better than last year.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

Yeah, he's got leadership and swagger my ass!

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

You have to admit the staff was holding his hand a little too much, especially with the "Alarm Clock" experiment.. Instead of getting DB a lineman or two, TD got DB a Clock.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by juice
                You have to admit the staff was holding his hand a little too much, especially with the "Alarm Clock" experiment.. Instead of getting DB a lineman or two, TD got DB a Clock.
                Holding his hand alittle too much? Try way too f'in much.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that stupid parade we threw for the guy. Goodness.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

We brought in one of the top QBs in the league over the past decade to replace a lineup of losers ever since Kelly retired....you had to know it would be a big deal
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

Yeah he panicks and throws horrible passes because he was babied.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

I just wished that the Bills got a chance to play Dallas this year.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        We brought in one of the top QBs in the league over the past decade to replace a lineup of losers ever since Kelly retired....you had to know it would be a big deal
                        But one of the top QB's based on what? Surely not his record. Dont get me wrong I have been a Bledsoe fan since I was nine years old but its time for the guy to hang em up. Ever since he signed that huge contract and got injured he just hasnt seemed like the same player to me.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          But one of the top QB's based on what? Surely not his record. Dont get me wrong I have been a Bledsoe fan since I was nine years old but its time for the guy to hang em up. Ever since he signed that huge contract and got injured he just hasnt seemed like the same player to me.
                          Based on how well he and the Patriots performed before the injury. Here in Buffalo, we only saw flashes. As far as his record, that's a team stat,...there isn't a QB in the history of the league that can perform without talent surrounding him...Drew's down years in NE seemed to be the years the pats roster was the weakest. As far as Drew's future, had he gone anywhere but to Dallas and Parcells, I think he'd fail. In Dallas with the Tuna, he has a chance for a few more good years.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Parcells is smart enough to know that you have to Max Protect an immobile pocket passer, give him a line that isn't made up of Practice Squad and Depth Chart player, and not have the bright idea to "Run the QB more" as Sam Weis suggested before last season about Bledsoe.

The Question for Bledsoe and the Cowboys is Can DB still be accurate when given the protection, It's obvious he still has the arm strength to go deep but does he have the Touch?

Comment

Working...
                            X