PDA

View Full Version : Mock Rookie Draft

The King
05-28-2005, 09:56 AM
A pain in the ass to do. But I was inspired by Devins efforts yesterday.

1. Ebenezer Norseman- Braylon Edwards WR: Traded up to get to #1 and with both his top WR's over 30 Edwards makes sense.

2. Erie Assasins- Shawne Merriman DE: I see the Assasins trying to move out of this spot, but if they cant I think Rich will take his guy anyways. Assasins are youth all the way and its too early for him to think about replacing anyone.

3. New York Goldmines- Alex Smith QB Goldmines didnt produce a final roster, so it was tough to make a pick for them. You just have to assume Harrington is going to eat it. And prepare for the future.

4. Golden Brewsers- Ronnie Brown RB The Jackson/Bettis backfield will be dominant I believe. But we know Bettis is playing on borrowed time and Turner and Payton are both questionable. (I viewed my roster as an outsider)

5. Jersey Jaguars- Mike Williams WR Lelie is the only staple on the recieving core. Boldin is great but needs to have a back-up JIC. Patten is aging and Hakim and Drummond are special teamers.

6. Oklahoma Outlaws- Cedric Benson RB Dillon is the only back on this team that can carry a full workload. Also his cap number is high and may become a casulty down the line.

7. Fighting Shih Tzus- Pacman Jones CB This team has a lot of needs. While most would think address an aging Martin... You need to do something about this aging defense. McQuarters is not an acceptable starter. period.

8. Retro Raiders- Cadilac Williams RB Droughns is the slated starter, Williams would be a huge upgrade, and would provide Manning with a much more balanced offense.

9. Jersey Jaguars- Demarcus Ware OLB A perfect scenerio for the Jags if they land Ware here. They address their only two real needs. Ware will pick right up where Fields and Seau leave off, and will provide this LB squad with some youthful explosiveness.

10. Kalamazoo Kamikaze Squirrels- Troy Williamson WRAlso did not post a final roster. Williamson will be a great option next to Chad Johnson and make Pennington lethal next season.

11. Oklahoma Outlaws- Derrick Johnson OLB Management doesnt have a ton of confidence in the current LB squad. While they are youthful, look for the Outlaws to draft a sure thing in Johnson.

12. Canadien Radiation Kings- Carlos Rogers CB The Rk's are going to hate seeing the LB'ers come of the board, as its their biggest need. If they can not move up they will probably walk away with Rogers here.

13. Bushwhackers- Jammal Brown OT Well rounded on both sides of the ball. Brown is the best choice here. Unless management feels questionable about their DT's .

14. Screaming Vikings Thomas Davis S OLD, OLD, OLD! This is our Oakland Raiders of the league. They need to get younger might as well start with Davis.

15. Kansas City Super Dueces- Marcus Spears DE Very solid team. Running a 3-4, this spells Spears the whole way.

16. Rochester Rejects- Travis Johnson DT No effort here. Another team who hasnt produced a final roster. Also I think he needs a name change
The Rejects and the Rampage...both Rochester. Change it now! Its a pain in the ass.

17. LA Aztecs- Chris Spencer C Another team no final roster.

18. Tampa Bay Tarpons- Fabian Washington CB With an aged secondary Washington makes the most sense. Deon Sanders will be out after one season and Ty Law wont be far after him.

19. LA PLayas- Marlin Jackson CB Playas should probably move out of the first and try to pick up some depth on Defense. If they dont Jackson is the best option. They need LBer help as well.

20. New England Wookies- David Pollack DE No final roster as well.

Here you go round 1 of the rookie draft. I would have liked to give the best assesment for everyone but I was not going to waste my timing sifting through 50+ rounds of picks. Sorry. I do think the Rochester teams need to work something out though The names are too similar. I know LA has two teams but they names are different.

Feedback optional. :posrep:Rep mandatory. This took me like 2 hours.

Devin
05-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Awesome dude! Thats exactly what I was looking for! Anyone else wanna take a crack.

Canadian'eh!
05-28-2005, 11:50 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MBBedard again.

RetroRaiders81
05-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Damn, same here. I will consider both players from MBB and Devins mock drafts, Good work.

Sportsuser101
05-28-2005, 02:19 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MBBedard again.
Same here.

Devin
05-28-2005, 02:35 PM
no one else going to have a crack at it?

L.A. Playa
05-28-2005, 02:36 PM
my pick at #19 will probably be PASS LOL

L.A. Playa
05-28-2005, 03:09 PM
1. Ebenezer Norseman- Braylon Edwards WR:
2. Erie Assasins- Erasmus James DE:
3. New York Goldmines- Ronnie Brown RB
4. Golden Brewsers- Demarcus Ware OLB
5. Jersey Jaguars- Mike Williams WR
6. Oklahoma Outlaws- Adam Jones CB
7. Fighting Shih Tzus- Cadillac Williams RB
8. Retro Raiders- Fabian Washington CB
9. Jersey Jaguars- Derrick Johnson OLB
10. Kalamazoo Kamikaze Squirrels- Cedric Benson
11. Oklahoma Outlaws- David Pollack OLB
12. Canadien Radiation Kings- Antrelle Rolle CB
13. Bushwhackers- Carlos Rogers CB
14. Screaming Vikings Troy Williamson WR
15. Kansas City Super Dueces- Mark Clayton WR
16. Rochester Rejects- Jamal Brown OT
17. LA Aztecs-Thomas Davis S
18. Tampa Bay Tarpons- Marlin Jackson CB
19. LA Playas- PASS
20. New England Wookies- Matt Jones WR

Just My Guess

Devin
05-28-2005, 03:21 PM
not bad!

RetroRaiders81
05-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I would go with Rolle before Washington though.

Devin
05-28-2005, 03:45 PM
agreed.

Canadian'eh!
05-28-2005, 04:44 PM
1. Ebenezer Norseman- Braylon Edwards WR best player in the draft.

2. Erie Assasins- Derrick Johnson LB - a 3-4 teamt hat could use a big playmaker at LB.

3. New York Goldmines- Alex Smith QB .. Harrington? yuk.

4. Golden Brewsers- Antrell Rolle - Azumah is not that good, but a Woodson-Rolle combo could be dominant.

5. Jersey Jaguars- Demarcus Ware OLB - Fields has Cancer. Seau is old... they need a LB.

6. Oklahoma Outlaws- Thomas Davis S - a very solid team who could use an upgrade at S.

7. Fighting Shih Tzus- Cadillac Williams RB -Martin is old enough to need a replacement next year.

8. Retro Raiders- Ronnie Brown RB - needs a RB for sure.

9. Jersey Jaguars- Mike Williams WR- Possession WR and red zone threat to go with Lelie and Boldin.

10. Kalamazoo Kamikaze Squirrels- Troy Williamson WR - good tandem.

more later.

Devin
05-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Nice nice. I dont see us taking a S but good possibility we may take a look at CB.

Canadian'eh!
05-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Nice nice. I dont see us taking a S but good possibility we may take a look at CB.

i was hesitant to put a S there, but really there aren't many spots where your team isn't already good ro at least young talent... S was one of the few areas i saw that could be upgraded a lot in round 1.

Devin
05-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah def man I love seeing these things. S was a spot that I didnt look at but now that you have mentioned it I am looking at some of the S prospects. Nice Job ! Cant wait to see the rest of your projected draft.

RetroRaiders81
05-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Yah these things do help.

Devin
05-28-2005, 06:03 PM
My full 1st round mock. (updated from the one I originally started)

1. Ebenezer Norsemen:WR Braylon Edwards
After taking a closer look, the Norsemen have a great WR corp but they are aging and who is anyone kidding Edwards is a beast, anyone at #1 would be nuts to pass him up.

2. Erie Assassins: DE Demarcus Ware
Erie is set at LB and thier secondary. Very young and just scarily talented at both, I could see him adding a monster DE for depth/future. Fear this team next season. They will have THE defense.

3. Goldmines: QB Alex Smith
Harrington, nuff said.

4. Golden Brewsers: RB Ronnie Brown
Bettis is likely done after this season and Jackson shows a ton of promise, but its hard to argue with an insurance policy like Ronnie Brown. If Brown plays as advertised matched with the Brewsers WR corps, the Brewsers will have an amazing Offensive attack.

5. Jersey Jaguars: CB Antrell Rolle
This was a tough call. They have a need at WR and they have a decent secondary but a pairing of Rolle and Clements? Plain Scary. Bly doesnt scare anyone but Rolle is a big physical CB he and clements, paired with the Jags DL could be showstoppers for any D they face.

Oklahoma Outlaws: RB Cedric Benson
Dillon is a monster on the ground, but hes aging and expensive. The Outlaws have a reliable backfield but no one that will carry 30+ a game. With Benson and thier WR lineup if the OL is steady they have one of the most potent offfensive attacks in the BZFL.

Fighting Shih Tzus: RB Cadillac Williams
Martin is aging and doesnt have much behind him. They have a few needs, but the quality at RB this year and thier draft position helps. Williams could be a monster for them in coming years running behind that line.

Retro Raiders: DB Adam Jones
Instant starter and automatically upgrades a decent but not explosive Defense. They have an explosive offense and dont have a real need at WR or RB. Adding pass defense would certainly be a start at upgrading thier D.

Jersey Jaguars: WR Mike Williams
The Man. With a need at OT and WR Williams gives them the prototypical NFL possesion WR. HUGE, big playmaking potential and a great blocker downfield. Williams shows just the playmaking ability this O should benefit from.

Kalamazoo Kamikaze Squirrels: DE Marcus Spears
Not sure of his needs, but I believe he will go D. It does afterall win championships. Spears is a mammoth DE and will instantly help any DL.

Oklahoma Outlaws: WR Troy Williamson
A larger need at LB, but with an aging and expensive Marvin Harrison leading the charge picking his future replacement now couldnt hurt.

Canadian Radiation Kings: LB Derrick Johnson
Fills the CRK's largest need and can start immediatley. This team is pretty solid all around and with Johnson and a smart draft they could be a very dangerous team next year.

Bushwhackers: DT Travis Johnson
These guys have the fastest offense in the BZFL, and while they could go OT I believe they will add depth at the DL. Thier Offense shouldnt do bad at all with what they have. Here they had some nice DL depth for the future.

Screaming Vikings:CB Pacman Jones
Great pic for them as they are a bit older on both sides of the ball. Jones gives them a speedy utility player as well as an instant upgrade in the secondary.

Super Dueces: S Thomas Davis
My buddy Ryan did a great job building his squad, while he might have liked some DL help (potential pick David Pollack DE) I think he will go S. His LB's are sick, and his CB's are young. He did ok at S, but most are "great backups" or are either not starter material. Either way a great future starter here.

Rochester Rejects: OT Jammal Brown
Half his roster has been choosen for him and he needs some OL help. If Brown is here he should be the pick.

LA Aztecs: CB Marlin Jackson
No idea what needs are.

TB Tarpons: CB Carlos Rogers
While his secondary should be solid this year they are up there in age start now and build a young fast secondary.

LA Playas: CB Fabian Washington
Speculated to be trading out, if he doesnt this young lad should help his team.

New England Wookiees: DE David Pollack
MBB maybe right, no idea what needs are.

ryjam282
05-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I like these things, I had my eye on the O for the draft, but Dev is right. I think S might be the spot I have to go. I have good corners and LB's and a decent line as well. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't think of addressing the S position...

The King
05-30-2005, 11:14 AM
4. Golden Brewsers- Antrell Rolle - Azumah is not that good, but a Woodson-Rolle combo could be dominant.

I like Rolle a lot but I have Spencer and Smith both young at CB.

L.A. Playa
05-30-2005, 03:08 PM
I would go with Rolle before Washington though.

Al Davis wouldnt he told meso telepathicly JK LMAO :lmao:

RetroRaiders81
05-30-2005, 03:26 PM
It would be nice to go with who Oakland picked, but if they had the chance, they would have gotten Rolle.

Ebenezer
05-30-2005, 07:11 PM
I'll say this....the Norsemen have already been in intense negotiations with our prospective 1st overall pick. There was little debate in the war room. We are close to signing him and everything is going as planned.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 07:45 AM
2. Erie Assasins- Shawne Merriman DE: I see the Assasins trying to move out of this spot, but if they cant I think Rich will take his guy anyways. Assasins are youth all the way and its too early for him to think about replacing anyone.

Nope. Merriman is a great pass rusher, but a bit too slight to play the RE in my 3-4. I'm actually okay w/ the guys I drafted already. Starks and Weaver are good pass rushers, are young, and have the size to hold up on a 3 man DL.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 07:46 AM
2. Erie Assasins- Erasmus James DE:
Just My Guess

Good guess, but no.

The King
05-31-2005, 07:48 AM
We all know your going D. Rich.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 07:50 AM
2. Erie Assasins- Derrick Johnson LB - a 3-4 teamt hat could use a big playmaker at LB.

He's a great player, but I do have playmakers @ LB in Vilma (last year's NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year) and Barnett, and solid young guys who will only get better in Dansby, Babin, and Harris. I like the overall depth and talent of my LBs.

The King
05-31-2005, 07:56 AM
I am a big fan of Dansby as well.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 07:56 AM
2. Erie Assassins: DE Demarcus Ware
Erie is set at LB and thier secondary. Very young and just scarily talented at both, I could see him adding a monster DE for depth/future. Fear this team next season. They will have THE defense.

Let's just say it would be tough to pass on Ware. The only thing is that he's really not suited to play DE in a 3-4. I see him more as a Joey Porter type LB in a 3-4 scheme, and I don't need that.

Thanks for the compliments on the defense. When I put it together, it was important to get a group of players who were both talented and young. I think I succeeded in that, as I have 3 of the top 4 players in the voting for last year's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Sean Taylor was 4th, Dunta Robinson was 2nd, and Jonathan Vilma won the award. Only DJ Williams, who was 3rd, got away from me. Not to mention I got Kris Jenkins at NT, Quentin Jammer at the other corner, Bryan Scott at SS, and a solid group of LBs in Dexter Coakley, Nick Barnett, Jason Babin, Napoleon Harris, Karlos Dansby, and James Harrison.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 07:57 AM
We all know your going D. Rich.

Everyone knew the Bills were going to draft Roscoe Parrish too.

The King
05-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the defense. When I put it together, it was important to get a group of players who were both talented and young. I think I succeeded in that, as I have 3 of the top 4 players in the voting for last year's Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Sean Taylor was 4th, Dunta Robinson was 2nd, and Jonathan Vilma won the award. Only DJ Williams, who was 3rd, got away from me. Not to mention I got Kris Jenkins at NT, Quentin Jammer at the other corner, Bryan Scott at SS, and a solid group of LBs in Dexter Coakley, Nick Barnett, Jason Babin, Napoleon Harris, Karlos Dansby, and James Harrison.

If your not going DE your going LBer. Coakley sticks out like a sore thumb on your roster. He isnt your type of guy, he is almost the exact opposite. He is a one year guy for you.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 08:14 AM
If your not going DE your going LBer. Coakley sticks out like a sore thumb on your roster. He isnt your type of guy, he is almost the exact opposite. He is a one year guy for you.

I got him mainly for the veteran factor, since so many of my LBs are young (Vilma, Babin, and Dansby are 2nd year players). There are other areas of the team that are far weaker than LB and may get my attention.