PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun!

Devin
05-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Stocking draft is over, and most of us are 50/50 on who we and others will take in the rookie draft, lets see what everyones opinion is currently.

Best Offense: Bushwackers
I had a very tough time with this one because stats wise I think the Outlaws maybe tops, the potential aerial and ground game they posess is unreal. But I went impartial and chose the Bushwackers. They have Mr. Mexico himself at QB, and a corps of speedy YOUNG WR's. A great RB and an awesome TE who would have been mine just a few picks later.

Best Defense: Super Deuces
Thier LB's are just sick. I had a tough time deciding because Erie has just an unfair Defense as well I gave the slight edge to the Deuces simply because of experience. But Erie hands down next year, as ive said all along I think most thier damn team will be 10's.

Best Special Teams: Screaming Vikings
Hard to argue with Mr. Cluth Adam Vinateri. Tupa isnt half bad at P either.

Predicted BZFL Super Bowl Winner: Super Deuces
Defense wins championships. He doesnt have a overtly strong offense, but with this D I believe he can do just enough on O to win.

Predicted BZFL Super Bowl Winner Runner-up: Retro Raiders
Manning, Owens, Droughns, Stokley.....hard to argue against those weapons.

Again to all the "Experts" just opinions here, you wont all agree. THis is just for fun so dont go getting your feelings hurt.

Forward_Lateral
05-28-2005, 09:48 PM
:up: Thanks for the compliement on my offense. I don't think my D is too shabby either, I think the Bushwhackers may suprise some teams this year and could end up winning this league.

Devin
05-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Absolutley I like your teams balance and you had some great picks. Its very tough to choose just one, I just did this to see what everyone else thinks. Get some chatter up before the rookie draft.

Sportsuser101
05-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Boy is your face going to be red when the Jersey Jaguars win the inagural BZFL championship!

Devin
05-28-2005, 10:15 PM
feel free to post who you think will win it!

L.A. Playa
05-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Best Offense : LA Playas - Culpepper, Evans, Smith,Bruce,Colbert, Franks, McGahee,Johnson enough said

Best Defense- Jersey Jaguars - Most balanced in league

Best Special Teams- LA Playas- best gunner Thomas,best KR McGee, top P in Hunter Smith and best KO man in league Rackers

Super Bowl - Playas over Norsemen

Devin
05-28-2005, 10:21 PM
least your modest!

but cool dude, you def have a nice O.

L.A. Playa
05-28-2005, 10:26 PM
just confident in my team and not far fetched cant agree with Super Deuces pick because of Eli Manning as Qb

Devin
05-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Well that was a sticking point for me, ultimatley it all depends on what the game values highest.

Either way I suspect a lot of people will have different answers.

L.A. Playa
05-28-2005, 10:32 PM
true nice your keeping chatter going on in here

Devin
05-28-2005, 10:36 PM
trying anyway seems only a few are interested, I know Rich is out of town though.

RetroRaiders81
05-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Stocking draft is over, and most of us are 50/50 on who we and others will take in the rookie draft, lets see what everyones opinion is currently.

I had a very tough time with this one because stats wise I think the Outlaws maybe tops, the potential aerial and ground game they posess is unreal. But I went impartial and chose the Bushwackers. They have Mr. Mexico himself at QB, and a corps of speedy YOUNG WR's. A great RB and an awesome TE who would have been mine just a few picks later.

Thier LB's are just sick. I had a tough time deciding because Erie has just an unfair Defense as well I gave the slight edge to the Deuces simply because of experience. But Erie hands down next year, as ive said all along I think most thier damn team will be 10's.

Defense wins championships. He doesnt have a overtly strong offense, but with this D I believe he can do just enough on O to win.

Again to all the "Experts" just opinions here, you wont all agree. THis is just for fun so dont go getting your feelings hurt.
Winning the superbowl in the second year, I like it. I have a good team now, but focused alot on young guys in the draft.

ryjam282
05-30-2005, 09:41 AM

Thanks Devin, I hope your predicition is correct about the Super Bowl. The LB's that I have were definitely what I was looking at. I know my LB's can carry this team and keep the opposing team at bay for my "O". I think my Eli pick was good because when it all comes down to it, he can just throw it up to Randy in the endzone. Not to mention, it can't be bad for the young guy to be able to hand it off to the PRIEST as well.

ryjam282
05-30-2005, 09:41 AM
I haven't really looked too much at the other teams to make any predicitons as of late but I will get an answer for this thread soon.

L.A. Playa
05-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks Devin, I hope your predicition is correct about the Super Bowl. The LB's that I have were definitely what I was looking at. I know my LB's can carry this team and keep the opposing team at bay for my "O". I think my Eli pick was good because when it all comes down to it, he can just throw it up to Randy in the endzone. Not to mention, it can't be bad for the young guy to be able to hand it off to the PRIEST as well.

If all else fails you could always make a trade with one of your farm teams,The Wookies or Goldmines to assure you win it all .JK LMAO :lmao:

ryjam282
05-31-2005, 07:15 AM
If all else fails you could always make a trade with one of your farm teams,The Wookies or Goldmines to assure you win it all .JK LMAO :lmao:

LOL, do I detect a hint of jealousy?

The Goldmines are my AAA or NFL Europe club and unfortunately the Wookiees are a rookie ball team or the equivalent of Arena league. I was hoping they could have at least competed at the Canadian level but maybe next year. :oj:

The King
05-31-2005, 07:21 AM
I dont think there are going to be many teams who can run against my front 7.

Stroud and Spires are huge up the middle. I have tons of speed at DE with Ogunleye and Brown. Arrington, Hartwell are flat out nasty. Ayodele is probably one of the best young LBers right along with Lehman. I like that you are under estimating them.

I have the best safety combo in the league also.

R. Rich
05-31-2005, 07:40 AM
I have the worst offensive line, the worst QB, the absolute worst RBs, and one of the most horrible defenses ever constructed. I have no chance. That's fine by me.

Forward_Lateral
05-31-2005, 09:33 AM
I dont think there are going to be many teams who can run against my front 7.

Stroud and Spires are huge up the middle. I have tons of speed at DE with Ogunleye and Brown. Arrington, Hartwell are flat out nasty. Ayodele is probably one of the best young LBers right along with Lehman. I like that you are under estimating them.

I have the best safety combo in the league also.

I beg to differ about your safeties. I think mine are the best in the league.

The King
05-31-2005, 09:44 AM

Once again being the under-dog is fine by me.

Sportsuser101
05-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Dawkins and Boulware is a pretty dangerous secondary. With Clements, Bly and Kelly at cornerback I don't know how Devin thinks my secondary is weak but hey its his opinion.

tampabay25690
05-31-2005, 11:14 AM

My safties arent to shabby either

Rodney Harrison
Tebucky Jones
Jay Bellamy
Correy Fuller

Forward_Lateral
05-31-2005, 11:23 AM
My safeties are Darius and Ponamalu. My corners are Dyson, Newman and McKenzie.

L.A. Playa
05-31-2005, 12:18 PM
looks like we are in a pissing contest LOL my safties are better than your safties nananana LOL LMAO hey we all like our teams one man's (or woman's) opinion is just as good as anothers

Ebenezer
05-31-2005, 03:08 PM
right now...the best running offense (as measured by total value for Ts, Gs, C, TE & FB) belongs to the Aztecs...with a value of 49.

RetroRaiders81
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
In all the mocks, everyone thinks I really need a RB. But I'm pretty comfortable with Droughns, and Q Griffin who are both young, and Pittman will battle for the #2 spot. I also have a key to Denvers line with G Dan Neil. I guess I probably do need a quality starter, but I've got my concerns about my D-line as well.

RetroRaiders81
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
That, and CB's, but I like my corners. Ronde Barber is one of the best, and Harris is aging but still starter material. Then some younger guys like Renaldo Hill, Jason Webster.

Sportsuser101
05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
In all the mocks, everyone thinks I really need a RB. But I'm pretty comfortable with Droughns, and Q Griffin who are both young, and Pittman will battle for the #2 spot. I also have a key to Denvers line with G Dan Neil. I guess I probably do need a quality starter, but I've got my concerns about my D-line as well.
Yeah I do think you need a RB as well. Dan Neil is garbage and it shows by the fact that he still is a free agent.

RetroRaiders81
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah I do think you need a RB as well. Dan Neil is garbage and it shows by the fact that he still is a free agent.
Well I'm confident in him. :mad:

L.A. Playa
05-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Droughns is gonna be the backup in Cleveland, Pittman the backup in Tampa Bay, and Griffin the backup in Denver this year, for this year ONLY you are Ok at RB but need a starter for next year

RetroRaiders81
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
I agree, I'm just hoping either Droughns or Griffin can emerge as a star. Pittman I know will always be a backup.

L.A. Playa
05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Griffin is too small and Suggs is alot better than Droughns, just letting ya know my insight which means nothing cuz its your team

Devin
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Dawkins and Boulware is a pretty dangerous secondary. With Clements, Bly and Kelly at cornerback I don't know how Devin thinks my secondary is weak but hey its his opinion.

Didnt say it was weak, said it could be better.

Sportsuser101
06-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Didnt say it was weak, said it could be better.
So could the Colts WRs.

Devin
06-03-2005, 06:13 AM
lmao. k.