PDA

View Full Version : Wyche finds an eager pupil in Losman

The_Philster
05-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Sam Wyche has a favorite quotation from General Douglas MacArthur, one he has passed on to his prize pupil, new Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman: "You never give a command that can be understood. You always give commands that cannot be misunderstood."
"There's a lot of depth to that," Wyche said last week during the Bills' latest minicamp.

You don't need to be a history major to understand the most burning issue at One Bills Drive. It is Losman's job now, his time, his team. Everyone, from Ralph Wilson to Tom Donahoe to the players, fans and media, is wondering how good Losman will be, how great a command he will have over his surroundings...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050529/3014526.asp)

The Spaz
05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Reading this should get everyone stoked!!!:up::beers::party:

ParanoidAndroid
05-29-2005, 09:00 AM
This sounds like a book and a movie waiting to happen. Let's hope it has a triumphant ending.

Bill Brasky
05-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Let's not forget that Wyche said great things about Bledsoe being ready to tear up the NFL the past few seasons.

Tatonka
05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
i would much rather see this than nothing about the kid.. hard work is never a bad thing.. we know for a fact that he has the arm, the accuracy, and the mobility to be a great nfl qb.. so did tons of wash outs that no longer play in the nfl.. it is all mental.. the fact that wyche taught montana and esiason as well makes me feel better.

i dont blame him on bledsoe, because bledsoe was an old dog.. and you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks....

Turf
05-29-2005, 09:06 PM
If there ever was a politician in football, it was Drew Bledsoe. Always knew what to say, but never did it materialize. Amazingly, Drew still thinks he performed well here.

The_Philster
05-29-2005, 09:20 PM
If there ever was a politician in football, it was Drew Bledsoe. Always knew what to say, but never did it materialize. Amazingly, Drew still thinks he performed well here.Really? I never saw him say that :huh:

gr8slayer
05-29-2005, 10:18 PM
This article makes me want the season to start NOW!!!

ghz in pittsburgh
05-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Just about every starting QB in NFL studies just as hard, save for a few well established veterans, say Favre.

I remember the year Vick got hurt in the preseason, He stayed in Atlanta working on throwing mechanics. In Pittsburgh, it's always a given. Roethlisberger hold out for two weeks last year in training camp and went out to have the best rookie QB season ever. This year, he got into the Steelers facility in the South Side here in early February, cancelling a trip to Afghan supporting the troops. Reports of him working daily in Pittsburgh came and went, here and there in the news, and nobody gives a damn (save for when he said he rode Motorcycle without helmet).

gr8slayer
05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Just about every starting QB in NFL studies just as hard, save for a few well established veterans, say Favre.

I remember the year Vick got hurt in the preseason, He stayed in Atlanta working on throwing mechanics. In Pittsburgh, it's always a given. Roethlisberger hold out for two weeks last year in training camp and went out to have the best rookie QB season ever. This year, he got into the Steelers facility in the South Side here in early February, cancelling a trip to Afghan supporting the troops. Reports of him working daily in Pittsburgh came and went, here and there in the news, and nobody gives a damn (save for when he said he rode Motorcycle without helmet).Perhaps because most young QB's think so highly of themselves that they refuse to show to up every single work out. Losman has been the complete opposite.

Its easy for a 24 year old kid to get big headed and its normally the case.

About Roethlisberger: He has already had a full year to show what he has and how he can play. You know exactly what to expect from him, you know his strong points and his weak points. We as fans still no nothing about Losman except for the fact that he has a great work ethic.

With the bad play at QB that weve had to put up with the past decade or so any possitive news is good news in Buffalo at the QB spot.