PDA

View Full Version : JP LOSMAN- a time bomb, ready to play!

im4bflo
05-29-2005, 09:28 PM
I can't remember reading about any other QB being as prepared as JP,
He's already jonesin' to get out there, and we've got a way's to go.
Hope he doesn't get hurt during camp because his adrenaline level is out of control :) We know he's got the playbook memorized, now it's just reps upon reps with his weapons to get it down to just about automatic.
Are you like me? Can't you wait to see this stud unleashed! :popcorn:
:gobills: JPD

gr8slayer
05-29-2005, 10:08 PM
As a person I cant wait to see what he can do, he has all the tools one wants in a QB. But as a fan I hate the fact that we are going into the season with an unproven QB. I would rather have kept Drew around to start the first few and work JP into it. But oh well, were going with JP either way and because of that its JP all the way for me.

juice
05-29-2005, 10:19 PM
As a person I cant wait to see what he can do, he has all the tools one wants in a QB. But as a fan I hate the fact that we are going into the season with an unproven QB. I would rather have kept Drew around to start the first few and work JP into it. But oh well, were going with JP either way and because of that its JP all the way for me.I agree gr8.. competion never hurt anyone, especially with our Swiss Cheese Line.

I'd hate to see J. Taylor or J. Abraham coming from JP's blind side against Teague or some other warm body.. Our Line may get JP murdered.

MDFINFAN
05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
I can't remember reading about any other QB being as prepared as JP,
He's already jonesin' to get out there, and we've got a way's to go.
Hope he doesn't get hurt during camp because his adrenaline level is out of control :) We know he's got the playbook memorized, now it's just reps upon reps with his weapons to get it down to just about automatic.
Are you like me? Can't you wait to see this stud unleashed! :popcorn:
:gobills: JPD

If your OL play is solid, it will help him adjust, but if the OL is still rebounding, he may lose some confidence, but he will come out firing, but the trick is for him not to try to do to much. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, hopefully for you guys he doesn't play like he did in the senior bowl..but he has preseason to get that out of him...by regular season he should be ready, I'm sure he's getting more reps that normal just to help him out.

im4bflo
05-29-2005, 10:42 PM
As a person I cant wait to see what he can do, he has all the tools one wants in a QB. But as a fan I hate the fact that we are going into the season with an unproven QB. I would rather have kept Drew around to start the first few and work JP into it. But oh well, were going with JP either way and because of that its JP all the way for me.

We kept Drew long enough, I don't think there's another thing he could of tought him, the only way JP can learn anything else is by playing.
I like it that they made JP the man, its over and done with, and everyone can focus now without trying to conform to two different QB's, it's JP, they know it, we know it, let's get behind him and play our asses off!

gr8slayer
05-29-2005, 10:44 PM
We kept Drew long enough, I don't think there's another thing he could of tought him, the only way JP can learn anything else is by playing.
I like it that they made JP the man, its over and done with, and everyone can focus now without trying to conform to two different QB's, it's JP, they know it, we know it, let's get behind him and play our asses off!Well keeping Drew or going with Losman, either way there are goods and bads.

I just think it would have been great to have some open competition. Its amazing to see the length someone will go to in order to get what that person wants.

Might have been healthy for JP?

im4bflo
05-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I agree gr8.. competion never hurt anyone, especially with our Swiss Cheese Line.

I'd hate to see J. Taylor or J. Abraham coming from JP's blind side against Teague or some other warm body.. Our Line may get JP murdered.
It MAY get JP murdered, but it WOULD get Drew murdered.
We'll be in better shape to make that decision after training camp.

juice
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM
It MAY get JP murdered, but it WOULD get Drew murdered.
We'll be in better shape to make that decision after training camp.Drew could take it until the line learned how to work as a unit whereas JP would snap like a twig.

im4bflo
05-29-2005, 10:49 PM
If your OL play is solid, it will help him adjust, but if the OL is still rebounding, he may lose some confidence, but he will come out firing, but the trick is for him not to try to do to much. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, hopefully for you guys he doesn't play like he did in the senior bowl..but he has preseason to get that out of him...by regular season he should be ready, I'm sure he's getting more reps that normal just to help him out.
JP's very mentally prepared, training camp will be great for him, he needs reps with his weapons, he has a lot of weight on his shoulders, but he's said, he's always had that, so it's not new. he may try too hard at first, but I think he'll be fine.

im4bflo
05-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Well keeping Drew or going with Losman, either way there are goods and bads.

I just think it would have been great to have some open competition. Its amazing to see the length someone will go to in order to get what that person wants.

Might have been healthy for JP?
Yeah, JP said even he wished he could of earned it in camp, but it was given to him on a silver platter, but he's not taking it for granted, he's been the hardest working Bill we've got by far. His competition is himself now, just keep improving, he's got the playbook down, he just needs the reps.

im4bflo
05-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Drew could take it until the line learned how to work as a unit whereas JP would snap like a twig.
I don't know what you mean by that?
Drew could take it... take what? the sacks.
And JP could avoid the rush with a scramble, snapping like a twig, sounds like more of a Drew thing to me.
If our OL ends up changed a lot, it will take them time to work as a unit, and I'd rather have a young mobil QB in there than Drew, look at last year, before the OL geled, Drew got beat up pretty bad.

kevinj22
05-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Why on earth would anyone want to keep Drew around for another year! I can't believe that people think that we would have been better off with him. Just where was he taking us, playoffs; maybe, Superbowl; doubtful. With that in mind why keep him. I did not want to spend another year watching that statue sitting in the pocket, it drove me crazy. Also the way he locks in on one receiver is enough to pull your hair out. JP will add mobility and a more diverse offense. Let's not forget about our defense which will be a HUGE asset to JP. So as a fan of the Bills I can't wait to see this kid perform, I am so pumped for this season. GO BILLS!!!

LifetimeBillsFan
05-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Holcomb and Mathews can give as much to JP in terms of helping him learn as D.Bledsoe and they won't be sulking about the fact that JP is the starter, which Drew would be as soon as JP got the starting job--which he would have ended up with anyway as soon as DB began to struggle, which you know would have happened at some point. This way the team avoids a QB controversy in the middle of the season and everyone starts out knowing what their role is and what is going to be expected of them.

In addition to being helped out by our defense and special teams, no one has mentioned that the biggest help that JP is going to get is from the running game. The Bills are first and foremost a power-running team and, with Willis continuing to recover from his knee injury, you can expect the Bills to be running the ball a LOT to take some of the weight off of JP's shoulders--especially since most of the teams that we face early in the season were not very good at stopping the run last season. And, while we can argue about whether Gandy and Anderson will be able to protect JP adequately in the passing game, both have been pretty good run-blockers in the past and should considerably improve the run-blocking on the left side of the line--which should ultimately make the running game more effective than it was.

After the way that Bledsoe played last season, the only thing that they could have reasonably asked him to do for the team this season would have been "to not lose the game" for them--because he showed beyond a doubt that, if asked to do more, the odds are that he would fail. Well, that's not very different from what the Bills are likely to ask of JP: to play within himself and not lose the game for the team. But, the difference is that, as the season progresses and JP gains more game experience, he may develop to a point where he can actually win some games for the team--something that wouldn't be possible if D.Bledsoe were still with the team and either keeping JP on the bench or causing a QB controversy to erupt anytime the kid made a mistake. By encouraging JP to work as hard as he has been working and giving him the vast majority of the reps in practice, the Bills are trying to help accellerate his development as a player--having D.Bledsoe still around would not have served that purpose nor made the Bills any better, overall, than they will be with JP at the helm over the course of the season.

juice
05-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't know what you mean by that?
Drew could take it... take what? the sacks.
And JP could avoid the rush with a scramble, snapping like a twig, sounds like more of a Drew thing to me.
If our OL ends up changed a lot, it will take them time to work as a unit, and I'd rather have a young mobil QB in there than Drew, look at last year, before the OL geled, Drew got beat up pretty bad.JPL couldn't take a shoulder bump from Vincent in practice without missing half of the season, do you really believe he can survive behind a suspect OLine?

If Bledsoe could do anything he could take punishment.. He started every game that he suited up as a Bill and was probably the most sacked QB over that 3 year period in the League.

JPL as of this moment has no starting LG or LT.. at least DB was used to a sorry line on this level.

The_Philster
05-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Holcomb and Mathews can give as much to JP in terms of helping him learn as D.Bledsoe and they won't be sulking about the fact that JP is the starter, which Drew would be as soon as JP got the starting jobnormally, you make some excellent points...but where did you hear that Bledsoe would sulk like Travis has been doing this offseason? Everything I heard said that Drew was very supportive of Brady when he got the starting job in New England...and I think he tried to help JP along in 2004

mybills
05-30-2005, 08:49 AM
I can't believe there are people even suggesting that Drew should still be here!
Say goodbye to that loser once and for all, will ya! :shakeno:

DMBcrew36
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
was probably the most sacked QB over that 3 year period in the League.

Exactly. He was too sack prone and immobile.

Mahdi
05-30-2005, 10:40 AM
JPL couldn't take a shoulder bump from Vincent in practice without missing half of the season, do you really believe he can survive behind a suspect OLine?

If Bledsoe could do anything he could take punishment.. He started every game that he suited up as a Bill and was probably the most sacked QB over that 3 year period in the League.

JPL as of this moment has no starting LG or LT.. at least DB was used to a sorry line on this level.
Bennie Anderson is the starter at LG.

justasportsfan
05-30-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm glad Drew is gone. While Eli was thrown to the wolves, Jp is being transitioned like Brady was watching from the sidelines in his first year. I think if Hocaomb had to come in, I feel he is a better back-up than Drew and his cap.

Bling
05-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah guys, I'm pumped. I can't wait to come back every week and rub it in the homers' faces.

Bling
05-30-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm glad Drew is gone. While Eli was thrown to the wolves, Jp is being transitioned like Brady was watching from the sidelines in his first year. I think if Hocaomb had to come in, I feel he is a better back-up than Drew and his cap.

I got to agree with this post. Though JP is not even close to Brady's level nor will he ever, he is as you said being transitioned like him.

mybills
05-30-2005, 02:08 PM
How do you know, Bling? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Isn't it possible that he could be better than Brady?

Bling
05-30-2005, 02:12 PM
How do you know, Bling? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Isn't it possible that he could be better than Brady?

I'll ask you the same question with the tables turned. Don't you think it's possible AJ Feeley could be better than Brady?

The_Philster
05-30-2005, 02:14 PM
I'll ask you the same question with the tables turned. Don't you think it's possible AJ Feeley could be better than Brady?

You didn't answer her question...no one said anything about Feeley

Bling
05-30-2005, 02:19 PM
You didn't answer her question...no one said anything about Feeley

It's possible. I didn't really expect people to really read so much into my post. I was just pushing buttons. Sorry if it bothered you. :D

....but I highly doubt it.

justasportsfan
05-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I'll ask you the same question with the tables turned. Don't you think it's possible AJ Feeley could be better than Brady?It's been 4 years and Feely still played like a rookie. I say NO!

The_Philster
05-30-2005, 02:31 PM
It's possible. I didn't really expect people to really read so much into my post. I was just pushing buttons. Sorry if it bothered you. :D

....but I highly doubt it.

you're right..it didn't. But, for the record, I'm kinda surprised Feeley didn't do better for the Fish...he showed a few flashes in Philly

Kerr
05-30-2005, 04:26 PM
I think the jury is still out on Feeley. First, he needs a running game, and second, he needs not to look over his shoulder going into the season because that will get into his head and give him anxiety. The guy has a good chance of succeeding if he can get those through those two things, as mentioned.
As a bills fan though, I hope he and the fins come crashing down. :up:

im4bflo
05-30-2005, 11:14 PM
JPL couldn't take a shoulder bump from Vincent in practice without missing half of the season, do you really believe he can survive behind a suspect OLine?

That practice injury wasn't a normal thing, how a red shirted QB was hit during practice still surprises me, but it wasn't like JP was expecting that one, he had a suspect line in college, still did well, and didn't get hurt, I don't believe because of that strange accident in practice that JP is not as tough as Drew. And I'm tired of seeing Drew take punishment, no matter how good he is at it. And JP will have a starting LT after camp, and will be just fine.

im4bflo
05-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah guys, I'm pumped. I can't wait to come back every week and rub it in the homers' faces.
How can a loser rub anything in anybody's face ya dumb fishfan!
You'll be getting it back 10 fold, suck a bong for Ricky. :squish:
Do these idiots forget what board they're on or what?

im4bflo
05-30-2005, 11:24 PM

Oh yeah! He's just as good, if not BETTER!
Weren't you watching last year? :squish: