X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

ESPN Insider on Roscoe

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If so sorry.

WR Roscoe Parrish: Buffalo Bills
    Most pundits predicted the Bills would try to fill a need along the offensive line, or add to their defensive line depth, with their first overall pick in April's draft, No. 55 overall. But the Bills' brain trust decided the biggest thing lacking was speed, particularly in the passing game, and jumped at the chance to select Parrish, a 5-9, 168-pounder who possesses blazing speed, game-changing playmaking ability and surprising toughness. He's expected to challenge for the No. 3 WR job, where he could be a nightmare for nickel corners to cover out of the slot. He also could quickly turn into one of the league's most dangerous punt returners.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

I've seen Parrish listed at 5'6 150 lbs.. at his size I really would be surprized if Parrish was a factor in the pass game in his rookie campaign.

I think Parrish might be able to threaten the job of J. reed and get him to get his head into the game but Parrish is gonna get bounced around quite a bit trying to get open in traffic.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• vski
      • Dec 2004

Im not sure that you are allowed to copy/paste things from web sites that you have to pay for. Might want to make sure that isnt a TOS violation before doing it anymore.
      Hah, Thats what gr8slayer told me when i posted things from the Insider.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by vski
        Hah, Thats what gr8slayer told me when i posted things from the Insider.
        If you credit the source there should be nothing wrong with it.

Comment

• Nublar7
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by juice
          I've seen Parrish listed at 5'6 150 lbs.. at his size I really would be surprized if Parrish was a factor in the pass game in his rookie campaign.

I think Parrish might be able to threaten the job of J. reed and get him to get his head into the game but Parrish is gonna get bounced around quite a bit trying to get open in traffic.
          No, I am pretty sure Parrish is 5'9 and close to 170 pounds.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

yea he's like 5 foot 9 and 3/4 inches, 170 lbs

Comment

• K-Gun
              Deal with it
              • Jul 2003

Steve Smith is only 5-9, 185lbs.

Roscoe may need to put on some weight, but I think his quickness will allow him to get past the jam.
              [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Marvin Harrison is only 175 lbs and he's had the best first 7 years of any WR ever.

Comment

• kbeath
                  • May 2005

But Marvin is 6ft tall so how can you compare their size.

Comment

• kbeath
                    • May 2005

Roscoe is nothin but at best a tim Dwight, chrebet, or santana moss type player. I think he was a foolish pick in the middle of a 2nd round you should be able to find a future number 1 or 2 Wr not a 3rd at best.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kbeath
                      But Marvin is 6ft tall so how can you compare their size.
                      Theoretically Harrison should be weaker at a similar weight but with 3 extra inches in height. He's thinner. The comparison is in place when arguing whether or not Parrish can get off of a jam with his limited size. Height doesn't really play a role in that regard. Quickness and strength are the important aspects. Of course I don't think Parrish will ever be Marvin Harrison, but if Harrison can get off a jam and beat double teams with his slender build, why can't a slightly stockier Parrish get of a nickel or dime back, single coverage jam?

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Roscoe is nothin but at best a tim Dwight, chrebet, or santana moss type player. I think he was a foolish pick in the middle of a 2nd round you should be able to find a future number 1 or 2 Wr not a 3rd at best.
                        How can you be so sure that Parrish won't eventually be a solid #2 WR? Factor in that he's also a dangerous punt returner, and I think it was a solid pick.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

If Roscoe turns out to be like Santana Moss none of us will complain.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                            Marvin Harrison is only 175 lbs and he's had the best first 7 years of any WR ever.
                            True, but he's also had Manning that entire time, a future HoF'er. I think Roscoe will end up being a Dante Hall kind of player for the Bills, not a full time WR. I think he will end up getting swallowed up or crushed in coverage. But as a return man, he could be very, very dangerous.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                              True, but he's also had Manning that entire time, .
                              technically...that's not true...Harrison came into the league in 96 with Moulds...Manning joined up in 98
                              Jim Harbaugh was his QB those first couple of years
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X