PDA

View Full Version : PFT Talks about Bills

FinNasty23
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I was reading through PFT (even most of it is BS) and just thought you all might be interested in this. It basicly says that not everyone in the organization agreed with the decision to cut Bledsoe...

Nasty

SOME BILLS THOUGHT BLEDSOE SHOULD STAY

We're hearing that there was a difference of opinion in the Buffalo front office regarding whether to give former starting quarterback Drew Bledsoe the hook after the 2004 season.

It was, we're told, a move made by G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey, and that not all members of the front office wanted to yank him. The thinking was that Bledsoe can still throw, and that the team's offensive line generally sucked during his tenure.

We're also hearing that there are concerns as to whether the successor to Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, will pan out. Per one source, it's a 50-50 proposition at best as to whether he'll make it. Even if he does, he might only be "adequate at best" as a starting quarterback.

Tatonka
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
great source

FinNasty23
05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
great source
haha... i know, i just thought some of you might have been interested.

Nasty

Mudflap1
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Per one source, it's a 50-50 proposition at best as to whether he'll make it
What kind of ridiculous statement is that? I get on people a little for saying Losman will be the next Kelly, but this is just as absurd. The kid hasn't even taken a snap yet as the Bills' starting quarterback, how can you judge him? I can't imagine anyone on the Bills' staff making this statement.

Jon

ShadowHawk7
05-31-2005, 04:44 PM
great source

haha... i know, i just thought some of you might have been interested.

Nasty

Yeah, but thanks anyway. :up:

Stewie
05-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Really? You mean, they couldn't get 100+ people in the organization to agree on something? Shocker.

Bulldog
06-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Couldn't you say that it's 50/50 for any new QB coming into the NFL? Either they are going to make it or they're not. Nice of them to state the obvious though.

kbeath
06-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I dunno I am not sure how accurate PFT is but generally you can tell before a qb starts if he is going to be dynamic or a bust. Of course there are exeptions so save your time naming them but JP has always (in college) looked high risk high reward. kinda like kyle boller.

Jeff1220
06-01-2005, 09:59 AM
I like PFT for entertainment purposes, but would take anything they say with a large rock of salt. This article lacks any credibility - it has no real quotes, no named source, etc. Where did they hear this? Pat Williams? Jonas Jennings? Travis Henry? Drew Bledsoe? Not enough info to believe that this is anything that is impacting the Bills' locker room. Sounds more like PFT wanted to take another swipe at TD (which they do often).

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Taken for what it is worth, this article adds nothing to what we already know about the Bills.
Obviously the Bills were not 100% sure they wanted Bledsoe gone; they wanted him to stay on as a backup. It's not like they cut him the day after the Steelers loss. That wish in and of itself demonstrates lack of complete faith in Losman, which is to be expected.

It is also obvious that it is a tossup, at this point, whether JP will be a success.
But there is just as good of a shot for him to be great as there is for him to suck balls.
His hard work, dedication and attitude are going to help tip the scales in his favor, but lets reserve our judgement until he gets some playing time.

Here's another newsflash..The Bills front office still has some lingering concerns about Willis McGahee's health, especially for the full 16 game span of the NFL season. They are looking at it as a 50-50 shot that McGahee will miss significant time at some point this upcoming season.
Wow. Really? That's just amazing. Oh, wait.....EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT THEIR FEATURED BACK.
Just like every NFL team looking to start an inexperienced QB (Giants, Tampa Bay, San Fran, etc) feels like it is a tossup as to if their young QB will cut it.

justasportsfan
06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Here's another newsflash..The Bills front office still has some lingering concerns about Willis McGahee's health, especially for the full 16 game span of the NFL season. They are looking at it as a 50-50 shot that McGahee will miss significant time at some point this upcoming season.
:link:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-01-2005, 03:49 PM
:link:

Of course I just made that up; I was demonstrating how any old joe blow could be a reporter for PFT.

It is just as big a load of crap as all the other information they spew.