PDA

View Full Version : Bowens over Big Pat??!!!??

BambinoSux
12-19-2002, 08:30 PM
Tim Bowens has 39 tackles and no sacks. Isn't Williams up near 90 tackles with at least a halk of a sack? How did Bowens make the Pro Bowl and Williams didn't??? Hell, Williams deserves it more than Seymour but at least Seymour has some sacks. That's is just complete crap though.

The_Philster
12-19-2002, 09:46 PM
name recognition...pure and simple

missphin_2001
12-19-2002, 11:48 PM
I think his case would be stronger if you guys had any kind of a defense. When you have guys like Ricky Williams gashing you for 220+ yards, it's tough to make the Pro Bowl.

DT"s make their noise in stopping the run (unless your Warren Sapp...then your just noise ;) )

Maybe next season if G.W. gets some defensive help.

justasportsfan
12-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by missphin_2001
I think his case would be stronger if you guys had any kind of a defense. When you have guys like Ricky Williams gashing you for 220+ yards, it's tough to make the Pro Bowl.

DT"s make their noise in stopping the run (unless your Warren Sapp...then your just noise ;) )

Maybe next season if G.W. gets some defensive help.

Missphin, I always knew you were the smartest and classiest finfan............next to WCoast!

:couch: ..........:jk: . . Nice to see you again!

BambinoSux
12-20-2002, 06:34 AM
Missphin, Pat Williams is one of the best in the NFL at stopping the run. You gage run-stopping by numbers of tackles. Williams has Bowens tripled over Bowens. This is an individual honor. It doesn't matter how a unit was in a season, just individual performance.

missphin_2001
12-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Bambino, tackles can be made at the line of scrimmage, or 5,6, or 7 yards down the field. Number of tackles doesn't necessarily relate to run stopping.

I AGREE Pat is an excellent DT, and in a better defense would dominate, but in his case THIS season, it was your lack of total D that hurt him.

Tim Bowens plays on the number one defense in the AFC, and is really benefiting from that fact.

iceblizzard69
12-20-2002, 07:29 PM
Bowens made it because he is great at stopping the run. He didn't get in on name recognition, and the fans certainly didn't vote for him with that sack total. He got in because the players and management respect him for being such a great run stopper. Williams is good run stopper too, but the reason why Bowens got in over Williams is because Bowens plays in a defense that is very good at stopping the run, and Williams plays on a defense that just simply can't stop the run.

WCoastFin
12-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Its simple TimBo is better than fat Patty....and everyone knows it.

ublinkwescore
12-20-2002, 10:24 PM
I see the farm animal pimping business is kinda slow this time of year.

BambinoSux
12-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Obviously you haven't seen Pat Williams play because HE is the best run stopper in the league. Problem is you need more than one run-stopper on your D-Line to stop the run. If you have 1 out of 4, chances are you're not gonna have a very good rush defense. And besides the Bills had the #1 defense in 1999 and no Pro Bowlers so so what if the Dolphins defense is #1. Not only did Bowens not deserve to make it ahead of Big Pat, but Richard Seymour is a joke too. He's looked out of his league in half of the Pats games this year.

colin
12-21-2002, 09:49 AM
Pat is prolly the best DT in the AFC, but of course he is on a crap unit. He outplayed Washington when he was here, and we all know how good big Ted is. Bowens is a very good player, but because of Taylor and the corners he get some good matchups, if Pat was in miami, he would be internationaly known.

He is going as an alternate, so it ain't too bad.

iceblizzard69
12-21-2002, 10:25 AM
colin,
alternates don't go to the Pro Bowl. If you are an alternate, it means that you only go if someone at your position that was selected to go to the Pro Bowl gets injured. If Pat Williams is the first alternate at DT, if Bowens, Seymour, or the other DT who made it (I am not sure who) gets injured and doesn't go to Hawaii, then Williams would go.

colin
12-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
colin,
alternates don't go to the Pro Bowl. If you are an alternate, it means that you only go if someone at your position that was selected to go to the Pro Bowl gets injured. If Pat Williams is the first alternate at DT, if Bowens, Seymour, or the other DT who made it (I am not sure who) gets injured and doesn't go to Hawaii, then Williams would go.

That is the whole idea, he is going as an alternate.