PDA

View Full Version : Retro Raiders Vs. Super Deuces

RetroRaiders81
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I created and simmed a game with the Deuces. I was excited for this one, not only was it Peyton vs Eli, but TO vs Moss.

It was a shootout as I expected. The Deuces elected to recieve and scored on the first play with a 72 yard bomb to Peerless Price.

Raiders - 0
Deuces - 7

The Retro Raiders then followed on there next possesion with a 42 yard pass to Stokely.

Raiders - 7
Deuces - 7

The Deuces high powered offense were stopped on there next drive, but Kelly Cambell of the Raiders fumbled on the fair catch, and Starks returned it for the score.

Raiders - 7
Deuces - 14

On the Raiders next drive Peyton aired it out to Owens who burned double coverage for a 71 yard score.

Raiders - 14
Deuces - 14

The Deuces followed again, with a 11 yard run by Priest Homes.

Raiders - 14
Deuces - 21

Then before the half, Olindo Mare banged a 30 yarder through to make it a 4 point game.

Halftime
Raiders- 17
Deuces - 21

The Raiders got the ball down by four, and marched down the field to score on a 2 yard pass to Stokely.

Raiders- 24
Deuces- 21

The Raiders then made a defensive stop, and Droughns ran for a 11 yard TD making it a 10 point game.

Raiders- 31
Deuces- 21

The Deuces were then forced to settle with a FG.

Raiders- 31
Deuces- 24

Getting the ball back after a defensive stop, Randy Moss hauled in a 14 yarder to tie the game.

Raiders- 31
Deuces- 31

Peyton Manning then walked on the field with a look of determination. Thowing a perfect game so far, he wasn't gonna let no defense deny him. He hit Owens down the middle putting them in range for a potential game winning field goal. Mare from 43.

Raiders- 34
Deuces- 31

With little time remaining, Peytons younger brother had to step it up, once again. Boo's filled the arena when Mare squib kicked it and was recovered around the 35 and returned around mid-field. Then Eli's inexpierence showed up. A couple of incomplete passes later, a sack, and Peytons knee sinking into the turf. The game was over.

Final score-
Raiders 34
Deuces 31

The player of the game, without question was Peyton Manning.

QB rating- 158.3 330 yds, 3 TD's, 17 0f 17

TO had 8 catches for 214 yards. Droughns had 62 with a avg. of 4.4. Eli Manning was 19-31 for 313 yards, 2 TD's. Moss 108 yards on 5 catches.

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Ahhh, it was preseason...My guys haven't learned the system yet :D

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Were you running a 3-4 defense for my club????

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Were you running a 3-4 defense for my club????

Yes, I put your defense as 3-4, but I noticed a couple of times you were in the 4-3. Your insane LB's couldn't stop Manning from shredding your secondary either way. :snicker:

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Damn, I was hoping that was an oversight on your part. My safeties are young and need some work but my corners are solid. Just curious, what were your running stats against my insane LB's?

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Droughns had 62 yards with a avg. of 4.4. Better than I expected. There was really no reason to run though since Manning connected on every pass. I went into this game thinking I'd lose. I'll sim another game later and post the results, and will make sure your in the 3-4. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you win.

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 06:43 PM
I guess there is no need to run if you can pass anytime you want. I hope my system is installed for the next game. Keep us posted of the rematch.

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Hell of a game, KC wins it 31-24. I was down 31-17 with under two minutes and almost made a comeback but came up short. TO was held to 3 catches, Moss had 2, both under 50 yards. It was the running backs who dominated in this one. Priest was the player of the game with 190 yards on 21 carries. Droughns had 106 yards averaging 10.6 per carry.

ryjam282
06-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Now that's more like it.....When is the rubber match.

How did Eli look?

Apparently my LB's aren't doing there job or at least maybe the DL isn't eating there blockers. I mean, I got all guys that are heavy in the loafers up front, how can they let lineman past them? DAMN!!!

RetroRaiders81
06-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Now that's more like it.....When is the rubber match.

How did Eli look?

Apparently my LB's aren't doing there job or at least maybe the DL isn't eating there blockers. I mean, I got all guys that are heavy in the loafers up front, how can they let lineman past them? DAMN!!!
lol, dont worry about it. We'll see what happens when you meet during the season. It will be a close game. Who knows how accurate Madden is.