PDA

View Full Version : New York Jets & Ny Giants

paladin warrior
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
New York jets and New York Giants are going making brand new stadium! What about Buffalo Bills?

Does Buffalo Bills are going make new Stadium in the Future?????:meh2:

THATHURMANATOR
06-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Doubt it.

STAMPY
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
spell check

gr8slayer
06-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Not unless we move. For one reason or another the NFL just doesnt care about us.

STAMPY
06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
You guys can't afford it, Buffalo is a city struggling financially

gr8slayer
06-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Whats this you guys crap? Who are you loyal to?

STAMPY
06-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Whats this you guys crap? Who are you loyal to?

im a bills fan, i don't live in buffalo, that's why i said you guys

K-Gun
06-02-2005, 12:27 AM
AS much as I hate to admitt it, if we get a new stadium it will have to be in Batavia.

I can see a Tri county agreement happening between Erie, Monroe and Genesee, which would benefit all three, and keep the Bills in Western NY.

I can see that happening in 10- 15 years if Tom G buys in team.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 10:39 AM
AS much as I hate to admitt it, if we get a new stadium it will have to be in Batavia.

I can see a Tri county agreement happening between Erie, Monroe and Genesee, which would benefit all three, and keep the Bills in Western NY.

Or even Danny Wegman. :up:

I wouldn't be surprised to see that either. Only problem...the Canadian fans are a big amount that go to the games, moving the stadium to Buffalo makes it a little farther for the Canadian fans. :::

The King
06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
paladin is favorite poster. deffenly.:up:

Jan Reimers
06-02-2005, 11:04 AM
spell check
And grammar check, punctuation check, capitalization check, intelligence check. . .

Jan Reimers
06-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Ah, the Batavia Bills. Has a nice ring to it.

ExWNYer
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
New York jets and New York Giants are going making brand new stadium!

That's NJ Giants and NJ J-E-S-T, Jest, Jest, Jest.
Get it right. Buffalo is NY's only team.

OpIv37
06-02-2005, 12:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see that either. Only problem...the Canadian fans are a big amount that go to the games, moving the stadium to Buffalo makes it a little farther for the Canadian fans. :::
But closer to Rochester, which is a bigger draw than Canada anyway.

I always thought moving the stadium to the other side of Buffalo would be a good idea. First, most of the fans are from either Buffalo or Rochester, which means everyone has to go the SAME WAY on I-90 after the game. Moving the stadium east would mean the Rochester fans go one way and the Buffalo fans go the other, so it would help alleviate traffic.

Second, for night games and late games, it would be much easier for Rochester fans to attend. We have a home game at 8 pm this year- any fan from Rochester who goes won't get home til 2 am. That's difficult for anyone who works (read: anyone who can afford the tickets) and kids.

EricStratton
06-02-2005, 12:37 PM

It's pretty much the same distance from say Toronto to Batavia as it is from Toronto to Orchard Park.

Bulldog
06-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Second, for night games and late games, it would be much easier for Rochester fans to attend. We have a home game at 8 pm this year- any fan from Rochester who goes won't get home til 2 am. That's difficult for anyone who works (read: anyone who can afford the tickets) and kids.

Hence the reason the game was scheduled for Saturday night. The thought behind it being that most, not all, people don't have to get up for work or get the kids ready for school on Sunday. I for one can't wait for the Bronco's game. Saturday night, the week before Christmas, it's going to be a blast.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
It's pretty much the same distance from say Toronto to Batavia as it is from Toronto to Orchard Park.
Thats good. :up:

So, the more i think about it...Batavia makes PERFECT sense for the stadium.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
That's NJ Giants and NJ J-E-S-T, Jest, Jest, Jest.
Get it right. Buffalo is NY's only team.
EXACTLY!

The New Jersey Giants (that's their home anyways)

The New Jersey Jests. :snicker: They better stay in NJ. We don't want them in NY. :D

gr8slayer
06-02-2005, 06:02 PM
im a bills fan, i don't live in buffalo, that's why i said you guys
Get over your stupid ass Long Island bull****. Its not happening.

jamze132
06-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Hopefully this Pataki guy will relize that wester NY would go into hibernation if the Bills left. Maybe he can pull a couple of strings when Ralph kicks the ole bucket to keep the franchise in the region. But they have to remain the Buffalo Bills, none of the other city names would work.

buffalofan19
06-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Um... no it really isn't. Orchard Park is about 15-20 minutes away from the city of Buffalo (Peace Bridge). Batavia is about 45 minutes to an hour from Buffalo. Either way, you have to go through the city of Buffalo to get to either Orchard Park or Batavia from Toronto. Batavia adds about another hour to the trip.

K-Gun
06-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Um... no it really isn't. Orchard Park is about 15-20 minutes away from the city of Buffalo (Peace Bridge). Batavia is about 45 minutes to an hour from Buffalo. Either way, you have to go through the city of Buffalo to get to either Orchard Park or Batavia from Toronto. Batavia adds about another hour to the trip.

No, coming from TO to Batavia you'd cross at Niagara Falls. It'd only be 20 minutes longer.

TO to OP (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=toronto&1s=on&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=&2c=orchard+park&2s=ny&2z=)

TO to Batavia (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=toronto&1s=on&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=&2c=batavia&2s=ny&2z=)

But, it would cut down the trip from Rochcha from 1hr 20 minutes, to just under 40.

Roch to OP (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=orchard%20park&1s=ny&1z=&1y=&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Rochester&2s=NY&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=OE9JcMcvNKg%3d&2g=sijGr3HAkho%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=)

Roch to Batavia (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=batavia&1s=ny&1z=&1y=&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Rochester&2s=NY&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=OE9JcMcvNKg%3d&2g=sijGr3HAkho%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=)

The other positive I see, over a downtown location, is parking. We'd be able to have the same amount of space for tailgating.

EricStratton
06-03-2005, 07:28 AM

No, coming from TO to Batavia you'd cross at Niagara Falls. It'd only be 20 minutes longer.

TO to OP (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=toronto&1s=on&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=&2c=orchard+park&2s=ny&2z=)

TO to Batavia (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=toronto&1s=on&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=&2c=batavia&2s=ny&2z=)

But, it would cut down the trip from Rochcha from 1hr 20 minutes, to just under 40.

Roch to OP (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=orchard%20park&1s=ny&1z=&1y=&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Rochester&2s=NY&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=OE9JcMcvNKg%3d&2g=sijGr3HAkho%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=)

Roch to Batavia (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=batavia&1s=ny&1z=&1y=&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Rochester&2s=NY&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=OE9JcMcvNKg%3d&2g=sijGr3HAkho%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=)

The other positive I see, over a downtown location, is parking. We'd be able to have the same amount of space for tailgating.

K-Gun covered it. I'm talking about miles (120 vs 135 or so) from Toronto to Batavia.

I'm not advocating a move, just supplying some information. If the team ever builds a new stadium (I don't think they need it) moving to a more regional location with plenty of parking for tailgating and easy access to major highways (Thruway, Route's 5, 63, 98, 77) would make sense.

Buckets
06-03-2005, 08:14 AM

Everything that gets built in NY city gets placed on the backs of all NY state residents (IE tax payers). Thats why the rest of the state is struggling.

Voltron
06-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Us Central NY fans are always forgotten :sadwalk:

Even Canadians get more respect than CNY bills fans do :cry:

Voltron
06-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Everything that gets built in NY city gets placed on the backs of all NY state residents (IE tax payers). Thats why the rest of the state is struggling.
:hail: :hail: :hail:

SO TRUE! For once I would like to hear about how we are going to spend hundreds of millions on ANYTHING (that is not a prison) in upstate NY with State taxes.

Oh and BTW

Upstate does not start at White Plains :rolleyes:

ExWNYer
06-03-2005, 11:01 AM

Bingo! That's why it's time to cut NYC loose and make them their on entity, much like Washington, DC. That would alleviate much of the burden on NY state and maybe the WNY economy could get back on its feet and keep people from fleeing for greener pastures.

Oh, yeah...GO BILLS!!