PDA

View Full Version : Who is the early favorite?

The King
06-02-2005, 07:40 AM
To keep people interested with this off week, lets see who the early Favorite is. Do not vote for yourself.

R. Rich
06-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm not an early favorite by any means. But, in another season or two, my team should be in a position to compete for the title. My defense will be very tough to beat as my young guys will start to mature and I'll add some more firepower to the offense also.

My plan going into this draft was to build for the future, much like the Jacksonville Jaguars did when they were an expansion team. I didn't want to load up on vets that I'd have to replace in a couple years anyway and have to start over, much like the Carolina Panthers did when they were an expansion team.

Forward_Lateral
06-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Crap!!! I just voted for myself.

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
I voted for the Retro Raiders since they already beat me in a head to head game....Unless he was lying .....HMMMMM, j/k

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
i voted for myself before i read dont vote for yourself so I vote for Jersey Jaguars instead

MikeInRoch
06-02-2005, 12:50 PM
If I can't vote for myself, I'm not voting. :bringit:

It's all about confidence in my team. Regardless of the facts. :D

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 12:54 PM
If you go by volume has to be Ryjam he has 3 teams but I am totally confident my team will kick all his teams butt thats why I voted for myself

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 01:29 PM
We shall see....So harsh. Don't be jealous that I have installed my farm teams :D

:oj:

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 01:32 PM
All three combined wouldnt match up to my team so im not scared nor jealous at all, maybe you should be concerned when the Priest tears an ACL better got to confession LOL LMAO

Sportsuser101
06-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I'll be the 1 with the championship so you guys can argue all you want.

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I gave you props Jersey I expect great games between our teams, of course mine will come on top but I see our teams as the teams to beat

Sportsuser101
06-02-2005, 02:19 PM
I gave you props Jersey I expect great games between our teams, of course mine will come on top but I see our teams as the teams to beat
Didn't see that. Thanks. :peace:

The King
06-02-2005, 02:25 PM
I had it pinned between 3. Retro, The Playas and the Jags.

The Jags I think will be ready in a year or two. While the Playas and Raiders blew their wads for this season.

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 02:29 PM

The Jags I think will be ready in a year or two. While the Playas and Raiders blew their wads for this season.

my team is in great shape cap wise for years to come, alot of players on the Playas are 1 year Playas LOL

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 02:34 PM

Dont sell your team short, our division by far is the toughest division in the league, should be interesting our teams beating up on each other

Canadian'eh!
06-02-2005, 02:35 PM
i voted for myself too... screw you all.

The King
06-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Dont sell your team short, our division by far is the toughest division in the league, should be interesting our teams beating up on each other

I was just about to say that. Our division is a *****. Deffenly the toughest. I think my back-ups could win the Saban division.

R. Rich
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
my team is in great shape cap wise for years to come, alot of players on the Playas are 1 year Playas LOL

Not bad. My strategy was to get as many talented young players that I could. As I stated before, I have 3 of the top 4 vote getters in last year's Defensive Rookie of the Year voting, including the winner:

FS Sean Taylor: 4th in voting
CB Dunta Robinson: 2nd in voting
LB Jonathan Vilma: NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year

I also have guys like CB Quentin Jammer, NT Kris Jenkins, LE Randy Starks, LB Karlos Dansby, CBs Lenny Walls, Nathan Vasher, and Andre Woolfolk who are all very young and very talented. I feel very confident that my defense will be one of the top units in our league very soon.

Offensively, I have a few talented young players in QB Byron Leftwich, RB Julius Jones, and TE Ben Troupe that should be good for years to come. My offensive line is stocked w/ young talent as well w/ Shane Olivea (starting RT for the Chargers; backup for the Assassins), Bryant McKinnie, Vernon Carey, and Kendall Simmons. I know I'll need to pick up a difference maker @ WR soon, and I'll try to take care of that by the start of next season. I think I want to see how guys like Brandon Lloyd and Tyrone Calico fare this year first.

Sportsuser101
06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Yes our division is definitely the toughest. Playas, Golden Brewsers, Jags and the Spaz.

The King
06-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes our division is definitely the toughest. Playas, Golden Brewsers, Jags and the Spaz.

The Dueces as well. I dont think anyone will get away with less than 3 in the L column.

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I think I have a good mix of youth, players in their prime and a few experienced vets and/or players coming off of good years that may or may not repeat their previous years performance, so I am overall happy with the mix I have

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm voting for myself since alot of other people did. :D Other than that, the Jags, Deuces, Outlaws...I dont know, I think everyone has built a good team, it's hard to say. After seeing my team in action on Madden, I'm pretty confident. Manning with a good defense is just scary.

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
I voted for the Retro Raiders since they already beat me in a head to head game....Unless he was lying .....HMMMMM, j/k
I'm not lying, though Mannings perfect game seems like fiction!

The King
06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm voting for myself since alot of other people did. :D Other than that, the Jags, Deuces, Outlaws...I dont know, I think everyone has built a good team, it's hard to say. After seeing my team in action on Madden, I'm pretty confident. Manning with a good defense is just scary.

No what is scary is your running game. Play the pass every down. Let Ruben Droughns try to beat you. Any team with a semi-quick LB can play Dime Defense all day and take Manning right out of the game.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 04:28 PM
My team sucks. I don't have a chance at the Championship this year. My secondary is horrid and my defensive line is shaky. Oh and my LBs are decent at best. :::

The King
06-02-2005, 04:33 PM
My team sucks. I don't have a chance at the Championship this year. My secondary is horrid and my defensive line is shaky. Oh and my LBs are decent at best. :::

I think Drew Bennett was your biggest mistake. Paying a white reciever 5 mill.:shakeno:

Sportsuser101
06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I think Drew Bennett was your biggest mistake. Paying a white reciever 5 mill.:shakeno:
Cross Matt Jones off of the Golden Brewsers draft list..

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 05:59 PM
No what is scary is your running game. Play the pass every down. Let Ruben Droughns try to beat you. Any team with a semi-quick LB can play Dime Defense all day and take Manning right out of the game.
Thats what I'm thinking, but I simmed a game against the Super Dueces who have crazy LB's, and Manning went 17 for 17 330 yards.

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Thats what I'm thinking, but I simmed a game against the Super Dueces who have crazy LB's, and Manning went 17 for 17 330 yards.

Well guess ya just have the super awesome team forget playing the season just hand the trophy now to the Metro Faiders LMAO JKJK

ryjam282
06-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Don't worry PMACLA, my Super Deuces will be ready....You can only pray that Priest goes down but I am not worried. Having Moss for Eli to throw too will make him a lot better in a hurry....I bet I lead the league in run defense.

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 06:46 PM
im sure Moss will go down too LMAO remember what Eb said if a player got hurt last year they will guarnteed get hurt in the SIM season

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 06:47 PM
and my team could kick your teams butt with your team at full strength let alone with someone hurt and we are the Playas we bust a cap in your ass if we lose LMAO JK JK JK

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't worry PMACLA, my Super Deuces will be ready....You can only pray that Priest goes down but I am not worried. Having Moss for Eli to throw too will make him a lot better in a hurry....I bet I lead the league in run defense.
Untill your team stops a pass, I wont take you seriously. lol, JK

The King
06-02-2005, 07:06 PM
The way I see it is this. I line my defense up in a Dime almost all game. TO will see nothing but double coverage. You try to run up the guy you face Spires and Stroud. You break outside I have 2 very athletic DE's who I am positive can chase down Droughns. The you Have Arrington as the lone LBer. You'll have to rinky dink underneath to get any kind of yardage.

Your team is one one mans shoulders. BAD NEWS

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 07:09 PM
screw the Metro Faiders and their tea bagging QB, big mouth WR, and underage GM LOL LMAO JK JK

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
HAHA, alright MB, I had enough of you. I'll create your team on Madden tomorrow and sim a game and then we can talk. The deuces tried stacking two guys on TO and he scorched both of them for a 70 yarder. Also, you can double TO, but you have to worry about my other recievers. I'm starting to think Droughns is underrated. :D

The King
06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
I dont think Madden will allow you stick Spires up the gut.

L.A. Playa
06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I hope you realize the Madden SIM of 2004 stats and the SIM of this program with 2005 Stats are gonna be completely different so what happens in Madden is really no indication of what will happen in this league

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Your secondary better be ready.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 08:24 PM
:rofl:

You got a problem with white receivers who catch 80 passes for 1247 yards and scores 11 touchdowns? I don't. I guess I got too personal with him. afterall, he helped me with one of my fantasy football leagues. :dance:

RetroRaiders81
06-02-2005, 10:46 PM
:rofl:

You got a problem with white receivers who catch 80 passes for 1247 yards and scores 11 touchdowns? I don't. I guess I got too personal with him. afterall, he helped me with one of my fantasy football leagues. :dance:
I was gonna wait on a reciever and try to get Bennent, but like Al, went for the big name TO. I think it was a good pick, I like him...or maybe its because he's white.