PDA

View Full Version : Tennesee ups offer for Henry

camelcowboy
06-02-2005, 08:09 AM
according to billsdaily.com, Tennsee has offered a 4th round pick for henry. Before they were offering 5th. It shows that at some point maybe we will get our third.

www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com)

:feedback:

The King
06-02-2005, 08:12 AM
This is BS. Let another RB go down and let them battle out it. Desperate times, Desperate measures. If another back goes down we could be looking at a 2.

Stewie
06-02-2005, 08:17 AM
My guess: TD will go for a conditional 3rd or 4th that will balloon to a 2nd or 1st depending on Travis' yards/td's next year.

justasportsfan
06-02-2005, 08:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8524488

Bills holding firm on price for Henry

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(June 1, 2005) -- The Bills want to deal running back Travis Henry, and most likely will wind up dealing him, but they are insisting on nothing less than a third-round draft choice for him. It is the reason no deal has gotten done so far.

The Tennessee Titans, the team still most likely to land Henry, have offered a fourth-round pick. Granted, this could be the Bills' negotiating ploy, but for right now, they're sticking firm to it -- a three, or no deal. And with the Titans backfield looking as shallow as it does, Henry might be worth the three the Dolphins gave up for former St. Louis running back Lamar Gordon.

Mahdi
06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
I would only give up Henry for a third if it was conditional and could go up to a second or first, otherwise he's more valueable on our roster.

Kolbiss
06-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I would only give up Henry for a third if it was conditional and could go up to a second or first, otherwise he's more valueable on our roster.

:bf1:

camelcowboy
06-02-2005, 08:35 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8524488

Bills holding firm on price for Henry

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(June 1, 2005) -- The Bills want to deal running back Travis Henry, and most likely will wind up dealing him, but they are insisting on nothing less than a third-round draft choice for him. It is the reason no deal has gotten done so far.

The Tennessee Titans, the team still most likely to land Henry, have offered a fourth-round pick. Granted, this could be the Bills' negotiating ploy, but for right now, they're sticking firm to it -- a three, or no deal. And with the Titans backfield looking as shallow as it does, Henry might be worth the three the Dolphins gave up for former St. Louis running back Lamar Gordon.
Thanks ive been looking for that

camelcowboy
06-02-2005, 08:36 AM
My guess: TD will go for a conditional 3rd or 4th that will balloon to a 2nd or 1st depending on Travis' yards/td's next year.
Your probally right, I can see it going down like that. Maybe now we can get a bidding war with another team.

Dicknoze69
06-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Right now no team is desperate enough to meet the Bills demands...but they will soon enough. Right now he'll go to Tennessee probably for a 3rd, but if something catastrophic happens (a starting RB from another team going down) we may find ourselves the object of a bidding war.

All depends on the demand for TH.

Mr. Miyagi
06-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I don't want a 4th. I was a lot more for a two-time 1000+ yard back. If the Pats had to pay a 2nd rounder for Dillon, Henry is worth just as much.

lordofgun
06-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I'd be willing to trade him for a 4th that upgrades to a 3rd after 800 yards and a 2nd after 1200.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
I'd be willing to trade him for a 4th that upgrades to a 3rd after 800 yards and a 2nd after 1200.
That would be a good trade. I like it. :up:

Michael82
06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Something tells me that the Titans are going to cave soon. Donahoe has them by the balls. :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
06-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Can we have Fat Tony send someone out to Tennessee and break Chris Brown's legs? We'd be looking at a 1st rounder right away. :snicker:

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Something tells me that the Titans are going to cave soon. Donahoe has them by the balls. :snicker:Gimme a break. Here we go again. Donahoe is God, he does no wrong (cue high-pitched religious music)

If he was so great, we already would've gotten something for Henry. Now we have to minimally wait until NEXT year again to get some value out of this, if we get any value at all.

I'm not impressed, and if we get a third for next year, I still won't be.

Jon

Bulldog
06-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Gimme a break. Here we go again. Donahoe is God, he does no wrong (cue high-pitched religious music)

If he was so great, we already would've gotten something for Henry. Now we have to minimally wait until NEXT year again to get some value out of this, if we get any value at all.

I'm not impressed, and if we get a third for next year, I still won't be.

Jon

What was he supposed to do, force a trade that wasn't there? Before a trade can be made, there must be two willing parties involved. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet. I think TD just wants to be patient and see how the situation develops. There's still plenty of time to move Henry. I would rather keep Henry on the roster than just trade him for the sake of trading him.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Next year we'll get something for Henry...

Next year we'll make the playoffs...

Next year the quarterback situation will improve...

"What was Donahoe supposed to do???"...

I'm getting sick and tired of the excuses for Tom Donahoe. The guy has had a 'get out of jail free' pass for 4, going on 5 years now.

Jon

Akhippo
06-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, TD couldnt stop the steelers backs all day last year. He should have used his speed to come off the edge and sack big ben at least once. Why are we blaming TD for the teams W/L, why not blame RW since he did hire him, and he is still hasnt fired him. Get rid of him. He hasnt put a winning product on the field in years. Dont stop in the middle with the blame. Go right to the top. If Ralph isnt sacking it up and putting on a helmet to help with the pass D, then hes at fault also.
So what were gripping about is not beating the steelers last year. If they had won, they would have wiped out the bottom line complaint. No playoffs. So he was one win from being admired by all.
Not being a defender, but a couple of years ago they had a CFL defense. The middle was softer than some of your midsections. Last year they were almost tops.
Those that want to complain can, those that defend can. Just use perspective.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 01:17 PM
No, Tom Donahoe wasn't playing against the Steelers and letting them run all over him. But what was his solution? Letting our best defensive lineman go without even making him an offer, and not bringing in any replacements, but deciding Anderson and Edwards are the answer.

He IS the top, he's the team president. Who's to blame for not making the playoffs the last four years? Bledsoe? Gregg Williams? Sure, they hold some blame, but who hired them?

Ralph hasn't done anything because the team has been competitive two out of the last three years, and Tom Donahoe's making Wilson money, what does he care? His wallet ain't hurtin'.

It's not that I'm completely out to get the guy. He's made some good moves, particularly on defense, and he's made some really bad moves, and some 'no moves.' I have a wait and see attitude about this season. I feel there are holes, but who knows, maybe they will turn it around this year. What bugs me is when people say how Donahoe's a genius, he's done it again, he's got teams by the balls. Gimme a friggin' break. If the guy was that GREAT, this team would've been playoff bound by now. That's all. I'm not saying he's the worst GM in the league, but he's also far from the best.

Jon

TedMock
06-02-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't think TD has had a get out of jail free card. I think he's definitely been given a little more lee-way than others, but I think it's because we've been so close. Of course the end result has been not making the playoffs which is the most important of all. For the most part, TD has done more good than bad for the team. His drafts have been decent, not great, but decent. A lot of people get upset if we "only" have 3 or 4 guys producing from given drafts, but realists know that for most teams, only 3 or 4 guys from each draft even make the team. We've made decent moves for the most part, and we have know idea about this year, nor will we for another couple of years. Overall our free agent pickups have produced pretty well.

What really kills him is Bledsoe. Bledsoe was the wildcard that didn't pan out. Not an excuse, just what it is. TD is definitely a gambler, and he put a lot of money on the 11 car to win the race. Had Bledsoe played above average throughout his tenure, we're in the playoffs. I don't think he (TD) has much more room to play after this year. JP's essentially a rookie, so people will give him that, but that's it. Special Teams is #1 in the NFL, our defense is top 5, and our skilled offensive players are definitely in place. We are in position to succeed, which is all we can ask from the GM. Some are unhappy with the line and understandably so, but we'll see this season how it pans out. The real wildcard now? Losman. This is TD's 2nd big QB gamble, and if it doesn't work out, you'll see more backlash.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
TedMock, that's a fairly fair assessment. However, it's not all on Bledsoe. Gregg Williams was terrible too. In addition, Bledsoe wasn't the only reason on the field that the Bills didn't make the playoffs. Last year, he held them back, the team was good enough to get in, and he had bad games in big games. The first season he was here though he was in the Pro Bowl, and the defense was pretty bad. The year after there were injuries, and while he didn't play well, there were other problems besides him. So yes, Bledsoe was a problem, but he was far from the only problem on the field.

Look at his numbers. He was average. Average quarterbacks on good teams make the playoffs. I'm fine with Donahoe and Mularkey getting rid of him, and he deserves blame, but certainly not all of it.

Jon

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Yo Mudflap1. You got some issues homie. :peace:

No way in hell we take anything less than a 3rd for Henry. WTF! This guy is a good back. As a GM I'd have no problem giving up even a low round 2nd for him if I were in the Jag's or Titan's situation. If they won't give up at least a 3rd then they can go and **** themselves in my opinion. A 4th and conditional 3rd. Whatever...

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Yo Mudflap1. You got some issues homie. :peace: Don't insult me because I'm challenging the status quo and not bowing down to the almighty Donahoe. If the team turns it around and makes the playoffs this year, my hat's off to him. But from everything I've seen so far, I'm far from convinced that he's an all-star.

Jon

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Don't insult me because I'm challenging the status quo and not bowing down to the almighty Donahoe. If the team turns it around and makes the playoffs this year, my hat's off to him. But from everything I've seen so far, I'm far from convinced that he's an all-star.

Jon

Take it easy bro. Nobody is insulting you. I disagree with your assessment of Mr. Tom Donahoe. I don't think he is the GOD that YOU seem to think some people have made him out to be, but I don't think he has done all that bad either. I am not trying to argue with you and we obviously disagree on this matter, I just don't want you to think I'm talking smack or trying to insult you. I thought the peace sign made that clear but you are obviously a little sensitive so I apologize if I offended you. My bad. It was not my intention to do so.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 02:47 PM
No problem. Go Bills!

I think you and I agree about Donahoe more than you think. My criticism of the Donahoe-lovers isn't directed at guys like you, per se, but the types of posts that come up whenever something happens suggesting how anyone could question Donahoe, he's the ultimate poker player, he's got a team by the balls, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Again, he's made some very good moves, some bad moves, and some 'no-moves.' The team hasn't made the playoffs since he's been here, going on five years. You can say what you want, but anyway you slice it, that says something. I'm not saying he's the worst, but he's far from deserving to being canonized...

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
06-02-2005, 02:52 PM
No, Tom Donahoe wasn't playing against the Steelers and letting them run all over him. But what was his solution? Letting our best defensive lineman go without even making him an offer, and not bringing in any replacements, but deciding Anderson and Edwards are the answer.

Did you want to give a 33 year old dtackle that was way overweight that contract????

I sure as hell am glad he didnt.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Did you want to give a 33 year old dtackle that was way overweight that contract????

Did I say that? I said he didn't even TRY. He could've offered him a contract last year, or a contract extension. He also didn't bother to bring in anybody else to compete. That's the problem. I was pissed about no competition with Losman too, but at least he brought in Holcomb, so I'm relatively okay with that.

Jon

Dantheman1280
06-02-2005, 03:44 PM

Pat Williams was a great player for us and him being "overweight" helped clog the middle! I am very disappointed we didnt re-sign big Pat, he was a big part of the Defense

Michael82
06-02-2005, 04:11 PM

He IS the top, he's the team president. Who's to blame for not making the playoffs the last four years? Bledsoe? Gregg Williams? Sure, they hold some blame, but who hired them?

Ralph hasn't done anything because the team has been competitive two out of the last three years, and Tom Donahoe's making Wilson money, what does he care? His wallet ain't hurtin'.

It's not that I'm completely out to get the guy. He's made some good moves, particularly on defense, and he's made some really bad moves, and some 'no moves.' I have a wait and see attitude about this season. I feel there are holes, but who knows, maybe they will turn it around this year. What bugs me is when people say how Donahoe's a genius, he's done it again, he's got teams by the balls. Gimme a friggin' break. If the guy was that GREAT, this team would've been playoff bound by now. That's all. I'm not saying he's the worst GM in the league, but he's also far from the best.

Jon
Best defensive lineman?!?! :lmao:

Were you watching the same games that I was? Big Pat was good, but definitely not the best. That would be Sam Adams (a Tom Donahoe pickup). Pat Williams only played like half the snaps last year. Didn't you see all the times where Ron Edwards would be in? He also went for wayyy too much coin. Donahoe offered him a good deal, about the same as Sam Adams. Big Pat turned it down. He wanted more. :rolleyes:

Michael82
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Did I say that? I said he didn't even TRY. He could've offered him a contract last year, or a contract extension. He also didn't bother to bring in anybody else to compete. That's the problem. I was pissed about no competition with Losman too, but at least he brought in Holcomb, so I'm relatively okay with that.

Jon
You are just like all other TD bashers. You don't look at the whole thing completely. He did give Pat Williams a contract offer last year. Pat Williams turned it down. It was a fair offer and Big Pat didn't even try to counter it. He turned it down and tested the market. He got wayyy more than he's worth, but that's okay because Donahoe didn't pay it. in case you didn't notice, we didn't have that much cap room. We could only afford one of the big 3 from this offseason. Donahoe offered contracted to Schobel, Williams and Jennings. Schobel took the offer and decided to stick with Buffalo. The others turned Donahoe down. That's the end of that.

kevinj22
06-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Hold fast TD!! There is no way we only get a fourth round pick for TH. I don't even want a 2nd unless it's conditional. We'll get what we want and soon.

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM
What gives? I think we would have made the playoffs last year if it were not for that dolt Drew Johnson...er...Rob Bledsoe...whatever his name is. Really, Donahoe has not done that bad.

Sometimes I think that some fans think they know way too much about how to run a football team and get a little carried away. My God you'd think we were the Bengals Pre-Marvin Lewis. If we all know so damn much then why the hell aren't some of us managing football teams?

All I have to say is...

:gobills:

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Hold fast TD!! There is no way we only get a fourth round pick for TH. I don't even want a 3rd unless it's conditional. We'll get what we want and soon.

Now that's what I'm taking about. 4th round pick. Give me a MF'in break. He is worth at least a 2nd. Someone will pay up. It is only a matter of time.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Mikey stated:

You are just like all other TD bashersI stated:

It's not that I'm completely out to get the guy
he's made some very good moves, some bad moves, and some 'no-moves.'
If the team turns it around and makes the playoffs this year, my hat's off to himIf that sounds like an unreasonable, unobjective view, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Mikey stated:

Best defensive lineman?!?! :lmao:Yeah, Pat Williams was a real bum...

Pat Williams only played half the snaps? And Sam Adams is the 60 minute man out there? Puh-leeeeeese.

Again, everyone is dwelling on the fact that Tom Donahoe should be applauded for not over-paying for Pat Williams. That's fine, but he didn't seem to make a whole lot of effort to re-sign him at all (if he made an offer last summer then I stand corrected on that, but I don't recall any action this winter) and, more importantly, if he decided to not overpay, he didn't make any effort to bring in a replacement. Why is this important? The Bills got run over by Pittsburgh in the last game, so asking for some effort to replace a good player in the middle of the defense or even upgrade the position isn't unreasonable.

Mikey stated:

You don't look at the whole thing completelyI don't look at things through rose-colored glasses. I gave him credit for getting rid of Bledsoe, bringing in Holcomb, making nice acquisitions on defense. But again, no playoffs in 4+ years counts for more than anything...

Mikey stated:

we didn't have that much cap roomA fascinating statement. On one hand, if there wasn't much cap room, then after 4+ years, who's fault is that, hmmmmmm Mikey???

However, I'll give Tom Donahoe the benefit of the doubt that he DID have room, because he stated "we have enough room to sign any player we want to." Well, where were the players? Not asking for him to overpay for anybody, but is this squad so solid as it stands that there needs to be virtually no upgrades at any positions through free agency?

Can't have it both ways.

Mikey stated:

Donahoe offered contracted to Schobel, Williams and Jennings. Schobel took the offer and decided to stick with Buffalo. The others turned Donahoe down. That's the end of thatAgain, what were Donahoe's solutions to these issues?

Mikey, get your facts straight before sounding off at me again.

Bills fan atic said:

Sometimes I think that some fans think they know way too much about how to run a football team and get a little carried away. My God you'd think we were the Bengals Pre-Marvin Lewis. If we all know so damn much then why the hell aren't some of us managing football teams?Dude, if you're getting on my case again about having a discussion, well, it's a BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD, not the Bills' cheerleading site, learn to DEAL with it! It's called DISCUSSION!

We're all on the same team here, rooting for our beloved Bills, it's just a discussion! There's no reason for emotional, pop-off comments.

Jon

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Why don't we DISCUSS the fact that you apparently are WAY too sensitive to have a DISCUSSION because people cannot disagree with you without you getting all bent out of shape. The comment I made wasn't neccessarily directed at YOU just some of the things fans, and reporters say in general. I say leave the expertise to the experts.

"Mikey get your facts straight before sounding off on me again?"

That doesn't sound like soemone who wants to have a discussion. It sounds like someone who cannot stand for anyone to disagree with them. Just call em' like I see em'.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Why don't we DISCUSS the fact that you apparently are WAY too sensitive to have a DISCUSSION because people cannot disagree with you without you getting all bent out of shape. The comment I made wasn't neccessarily directed at YOU just some of the things fans, and reporters say in general. I say leave the expertise to the experts.

"Mikey get your facts straight before sounding off on me again?"

That doesn't sound like soemone who wants to have a discussion. It sounds like someone who cannot stand for anyone to disagree with them. Just call em' like I see em'.Mikey decided to call me a 'Tom Donahoe basher' which is not correct. He also decided to 'laugh hysterically' at my pronouncing that Pat Williams was the best player on the defensive line. I didn't call anybody names, I didn't laugh at anybody. I'm just asking for the same respect, and for the emotional replies to stop. He also misunderstood some of the points that I was trying to make. I call 'em as I see 'em too.

As for being sensitive, you seem a lot more 'bent out of shape' than me at this point.

If you didn't 'necessarily' intend to you have your second to last post directed at me, then I apologize for taking it that way, but I don't apologize for trying to set the record straight with the points that I'm trying to make, I feel they are valid, and frankly, I don't see a whole lot of refuting of them.

Attack the points, not the poster. Just because I don't necessarily blindly go along with everything the organization does (not saying you do, or even Mikey, or anyone else directly), that doesn't make my discussion invalid.

I'll re-post this:

We're all on the same team here, rooting for our beloved Bills, it's just a discussion! There's no reason for emotional, pop-off comments.Jon

Michael82
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Here's something for ya, Mudflap...

Schobel is one of three pending free agents -- left offensive tackle Jonas Jennings and defensive tackle Pat Williams are the others -- with whom Bills officials attempted to carve out extensions before the start of the regular season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1877220

Oh and then this states that Donahoe tried to deal with them. But neither of them would budge.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/02/24/bc.fbn.bills.freeagents.ap/index.html

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
That's good info Mikey, I appreciate it. Does anybody know what the offers were? I didn't take the time to page through all the info, I didn't see any yet...

At any rate, my beef with TD regarding those two is that it remains to be seen if there is a sufficient "plan B". I will never condemn him for refusing to 'overpay', I think that's wise, but what is the alternative going to work?

With Jennings, I'd feel a lot better in Year Five with more of a proven commodity or promising talent than Mike Gandy.

With Williams, Edwards and Anderson have not shown at this point that they are Pro-Bowl caliber.

Again, maybe these guys are the answers, I hope they are, and frankly, they'd better be. I will applaud Tom Donahoe if these guys step in and are the answer, but I just feel the Bills are rolling the dice a bit...

Jon

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Mikey decided to call me a 'Tom Donahoe basher' which is not correct. He also decided to 'laugh hysterically' at my pronouncing that Pat Williams was the best player on the defensive line. I didn't call anybody names, I didn't laugh at anybody. I'm just asking for the same respect, and for the emotional replies to stop. He also misunderstood some of the points that I was trying to make. I call 'em as I see 'em too.

As for being upset, you seem a lot more 'bent out of shape' than me at this point.

If you didn't intend to you have your second to last post directed at me, then I apologize for taking it that way, but I don't apologize for trying to set the record straight with the points that I'm trying to make, I feel they are valid, and frankly, I don't see a whole lot of refuting of them.

I'll re-post this:
Jon

Dude you do sound like a TD basher and don't take it so personally, people laugh and make fun of me all the time. You think I actually enjoy having that ***** Lucy trick me into kicking a PAT and then pulling the GD ball up on me? Huh?

Really bro, I am not getting "bent out of shape" and I meant no offense.

You have to forgive Mikey. He is a little sensitive too and tends to force his authority on this message board. Nevermind the fact that his ego is way out of control and he thinks he is all that despite the fact that he is a really ugly person and smells foul too.

:lmao:

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 05:14 PM
LOL... fair enough...

But now Mikey may have a beef with you... LOL...

Jon

BillsFever21
06-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Dude you do sound like a TD basher and don't take it so personally, people laugh and make fun of me all the time. You think I actually enjoy having that ***** Lucy trick me into kicking a PAT and then pulling the GD ball up on me? Huh? Really bro, I am not getting "bent out of shape" and I meant no offense. You have to forgive Mikey. He is a little sensitive too and tends to force his authority on this message board. Nevermind the fact that his ego is way out of control and he thinks he is all that despite the fact that he is a really ugly person and smells foul too.
:roflmao:

Positive rep for sure.

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Back to the main topic of this thread... at this point I'd hold out for a third, a fourth would be egg in the face. I don't think he's gonna get a 2nd at this point unless some team gets REALLY desperate, and I don't think you can hedge your bets that that will happen. That's also what Dillon commanded, and Dillon, like it or not, is a better, and more proven back.

Take a 3rd when it's offered.
Jon

Michael82
06-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Mikey stated:
I stated:
If that sounds like an unreasonable, unobjective view, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Mikey stated:
Yeah, Pat Williams was a real bum...

Pat Williams only played half the snaps? And Sam Adams is the 60 minute man out there? Puh-leeeeeese.

Again, everyone is dwelling on the fact that Tom Donahoe should be applauded for not over-paying for Pat Williams. That's fine, but he didn't seem to make a whole lot of effort to re-sign him at all (if he made an offer last summer then I stand corrected on that, but I don't recall any action this winter) and, more importantly, if he decided to not overpay, he didn't make any effort to bring in a replacement. Why is this important? The Bills got run over by Pittsburgh in the last game, so asking for some effort to replace a good player in the middle of the defense or even upgrade the position isn't unreasonable.

Mikey stated:
I don't look at things through rose-colored glasses. I gave him credit for getting rid of Bledsoe, bringing in Holcomb, making nice acquisitions on defense. But again, no playoffs in 4+ years counts for more than anything...

Mikey stated:
A fascinating statement. On one hand, if there wasn't much cap room, then after 4+ years, who's fault is that, hmmmmmm Mikey???

However, I'll give Tom Donahoe the benefit of the doubt that he DID have room, because he stated "we have enough room to sign any player we want to." Well, where were the players? Not asking for him to overpay for anybody, but is this squad so solid as it stands that there needs to be virtually no upgrades at any positions through free agency?

Can't have it both ways.

Mikey stated:
Again, what were Donahoe's solutions to these issues?

Mikey, get your facts straight before sounding off at me again.

Bills fan atic said:
Dude, if you're getting on my case again about having a discussion, well, it's a BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD, not the Bills' cheerleading site, learn to DEAL with it! It's called DISCUSSION!

We're all on the same team here, rooting for our beloved Bills, it's just a discussion! There's no reason for emotional, pop-off comments.

Jon

Pat Williams was not a bum. but he was not the best player out there and was 33 years old. you don't pay him more than Sam Adams and that's what he wanted. It was also said many times that Pat Williams was only used as a 2 down player. He was taken out of the game many times. Sam Adams was taken out too, but not as much. Something tells me that the Pittsburgh game didn't help Pat Williams case either. He had a good game statistically, but that line also allowed 2nd and 3rd string running backs to run all over the place and helped lose the game.

And before the season started, Tom Donahoe said that we only had the money to sign 1 of the big 3 with last year's money. He offered contracts to all of the 3, contracts that he and the team figured were market value and what they could afford. Only Schobel took the deal. Pat Williams turned it down, mainly because his agent is an *******. So did Jonas Jennings. Donahoe tried to work with them again in the offseason, but neither of the players would budge from their "ridiculous demands" He didn't bring in a replacement for Big Pat because he already had two on the roster. One was drafted last year for this reason...Tim Anderson. The other had a solid season and IMO will surprise people...Ron Edwards. I will admit that he overlooked the LT position and it scares me a bit, but I believe that McNally didn't like the players that were available and really likes Jason Peters and Mike Gandy.

I agree that no playoffs in 4 years really sucks and it pisses me off, but don't forget that he had to tear apart the team when he first came here. We were in a rebuilding mode for at least the first couple years. Yeah, Gregg Williams screwed that up a bit, but now that we have a new head coach and new QB, the rebuilding should be done. But i also don't EXPECT the playoffs this year now that we are starting with a rookie QB. I expect at least 9-7 and the playoffs would be really nice. If they don't make the playoffs, but have a winning record...Donahoe deserves one more year. if they have a losing year...see ya Donahoe. :bigwave:

Mudflap1
06-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Fair enough Mikey. Good discussion.

For the record, I thought Donahoe said he had the money to re-sign TWO out of the three.

Again, kudos for not overpaying for Pat, who is good, but getting older, and demanded a lot, and for Jonas, he definitely was not worth the price the 49ers got him for. But, like you said, it would've been nice to see a bonafide stud LT brought in, either through the draft or free agency. I would've liked to have seen a veteran DT too to compete with the youngsters.

I say 10 wins and/or playoffs or bust for Donahoe, but that's just me.

Jon

Michael82
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Dude you do sound like a TD basher and don't take it so personally, people laugh and make fun of me all the time. You think I actually enjoy having that ***** Lucy trick me into kicking a PAT and then pulling the GD ball up on me? Huh?

Really bro, I am not getting "bent out of shape" and I meant no offense.

You have to forgive Mikey. He is a little sensitive too and tends to force his authority on this message board. Nevermind the fact that his ego is way out of control and he thinks he is all that despite the fact that he is a really ugly person and smells foul too.

:rolleyes:

Ickybaluky
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Pat Williams was not a bum. but he was not the best player out there and was 33 years old.

Not for nothing, but Pat Williams is 32. He turns 33 on October 24.

Also, while the Bills may end up being fine without Williams, I think it is a mistake to casually dismiss his impact on their defense. Willliams has been one of the better run-stuffing DT in the NFL the last few years, something you can't take away from him now that his no longer plays for Buffalo.

Granted, the Bills may be fine with Edwards and Anderson, but neither is a proven commodity (particularly Anderson). Williams has proven he is a good football player, which is why Minnesota paid him the money they did.

Michael82
06-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Fair enough Mikey. Good discussion.

For the record, I thought Donahoe said he had the money to re-sign TWO out of the three.

Again, kudos for not overpaying for Pat, who is good, but getting older, and demanded a lot, and for Jonas, he definitely was not worth the price the 49ers got him for. But, like you said, it would've been nice to see a bonafide stud LT brought in, either through the draft or free agency. I would've liked to have seen a veteran DT too to compete with the youngsters.

I say 10 wins and/or playoffs or bust for Donahoe, but that's just me.

Jon
Yeah it was a good discussion. See...I can be civilized. :snicker:

:shake:

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 11:27 PM
LOL... fair enough...

But now Mikey may have a beef with you... LOL...

Jon

Apparently so. 450 + rep to 420? Gee, wonder who negged me. Damn Mikey, I was being a wise ass, no need to go around bullying people bro. I was just screwing around.

:sorry: :shutup:

Michael82
06-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Apparently so. 450 + rep to 420? Gee, wonder who negged me. Damn Mikey, I was being a wise ass, no need to go around bullying people bro. I was just screwing around.

:sorry: :shutup:
Actually, it wasn't me. i even checked my rep handed out and you weren't on there. Besides, I normally sign my rep anyways.

But I'm sending you pos to bring you up to 490. Just quit being a wiseass. :mad:

:snicker:

Drive 4 Five
06-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Actually, it wasn't me. i even checked my rep handed out and you weren't on there. Besides, I normally sign my rep anyways.

But I'm sending you pos to bring you up to 490. Just quit being a wiseass. :mad:

:snicker:

Thanks big homie! :peace:

I sure pissed somebody off. That is for damn sure. Good God, at least take my pants off next time.

:crap:

Michael82
06-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks big homie! :peace:

I sure pissed somebody off. That is for damn sure. Good God, at least take my pants off next time.

:crap:

camelcowboy
06-03-2005, 12:21 AM
You can cut the tension in this forum with a Knife.

Mudflap1
06-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Also, while the Bills may end up being fine without Williams, I think it is a mistake to casually dismiss his impact on their defense. Willliams has been one of the better run-stuffing DT in the NFL the last few years, something you can't take away from him now that his no longer plays for Buffalo.

Granted, the Bills may be fine with Edwards and Anderson, but neither is a proven commodity (particularly Anderson). Williams has proven he is a good football player, which is why Minnesota paid him the money they did.
Yeah... what he said ;)

Jon<!-- / message -->

LtFinFan66
06-03-2005, 05:39 AM
If you guys hold out and someone really needs him, they will give in. I was glad to see Saban not give in during the Surtain deal. Would like to still have Pat but business is business.

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-03-2005, 10:45 AM
That would be the smart move. I bet he would need to hit 1400 yds and 10 TD's to get up to a 2nd.