PDA

View Full Version : Which person made a more positive impact during his tenure with the Bills?

Iehoshua
06-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Post thoughts. Would one have excelled without the other?

The King
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Tough... If your giving TD all the credit for personel moves then Drew. But if your giving GW credit for Gray. Then GW

Bledsoe essentially got us McGahee.

Italian Stallion
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
This is actually a very good question, id have to go with man boobs. His defensive schemes and packages are what we still use today to win games, and he was also the one that gave Jerry Gray a chance to become d coordinator in the first place....
Also, he helped "recruit" defensive stars in Free Agency with his attitude and defensive backround. Fletcher, Milloy, Spikes, Adams all at one point or another said that williams factored into their decision....

The only positive thing Bledsoe did when he was here was help bring "respectability" back to the team in the media's eyes, and seel tickets for the 2002 season.

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Gotta go with Rob Bledsoe...er...Drew Johnson...er...yeah that guy. All kidding aside, I know he helped fill some of those seats, he brought some real excitement to the team for a season and half (more or less), and from what you natives say, he has done alot in the community and continues to do so...

What the hell did man boobs ever do for the Bills?

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM
This is actually a very good question, id have to go with man boobs. His defensive schemes and packages are what we still use today to win games, and he was also the one that gave Jerry Gray a chance to become d coordinator in the first place....
Also, he helped "recruit" defensive stars in Free Agency with his attitude and defensive backround. Fletcher, Milloy, Spikes, Adams all at one point or another said that williams factored into their decision....

The only positive thing Bledsoe did when he was here was help bring "respectability" back to the team in the media's eyes, and seel tickets for the 2002 season.

True...

The King
06-02-2005, 04:44 PM

I look at it this way with out Drew Price doesnt get 1,000 yards. If Price doesnt get 1,000 yards we dont get a 1st rounder. We dont get a first rounder we dont get Willis.

Also with out 8 wins that season we probably dont get TKO either.

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I look at it this way with out Drew Price doesnt get 1,000 yards. If Price doesnt get 1,000 yards we dont get a 1st rounder. We dont get a first rounder we dont get Willis.

Also with out 8 wins that season we probably dont get TKO either.

:bf1:

Oh S**T! MB gettin' deep in this MF. You go homie! Thoughtful ass MF.

Sorry I was listening to some 2-PAC earlier... I got a little carried away.

BillsFever21
06-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Italian Stallion]This is actually a very good question, id have to go with man boobs. His defensive schemes and packages are what we still use today to win games, and he was also the one that gave Jerry Gray a chance to become d coordinator in the first place....

QUOTE]

Ditto.

Iehoshua
06-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm almost in the dead center of this. On one hand, I don't think GW was ready to be a head coach but on the other, I don't think it mattered who was coaching, as long as Drew was QB, the team was dead in the water.

I do agree with you MB, I think it was more Bledsoe and his appearance of a solid qb, coupled with the turnaround season that made the Bills an attractive option for Spikes. I also don't think Price would have done as well had it been Van Pelt throwing the ball.

SABURZFAN
06-02-2005, 05:14 PM
What the hell did man boobs ever do for the Bills?

punt on 4th and 2 at new england's 32. :mad:

jamze132
06-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Who would you vote for if Drew was still starting for us?

I would bet that since he has left, fans in general are softer on him, and rightfully so. He did some good things for us but it just didn't work out. By the way I did vote for Drew, as I couldn't fathom the thought of giving Williams any props after the 3 years of "WTF do I do?"

The_Philster
06-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Even on Drew's worst days, I'd vote for him over that schmuck of a head coach

Drive 4 Five
06-02-2005, 11:48 PM
punt on 4th and 2 at new england's 32. :mad:

Cut Doug Fluite in favor of :surf:

:madcloud:

:wtf: MAN BOOBS?

The_Philster
06-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Cut Doug Fluite in favor of :surf: :madcloud::wtf: MAN BOOBS?Flutie made that call himself

LtFinFan66
06-03-2005, 05:18 AM
I have to vote for Drew

Bill Brasky
06-03-2005, 06:18 AM
I'd probably have to go with GW on this one... he basically put together a defense that kept us in a lot of close games when our offense was horrible. as bad of a head coach he is, he's a great defensive coach.

bledsoe did good things here, but I think GW did more for the overall team structure that we have today... he just wasn't good at executing and getting production out of what he had.

ryjam282
06-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Tough... If your giving TD all the credit for personel moves then Drew. But if your giving GW credit for Gray. Then GW

Bledsoe essentially got us McGahee.

I voted GW, assuming of course that he is getting the credit for Gray.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-03-2005, 06:53 AM
When Greg Williams was hired most Bills fans, if not all, were hoping for other coaches like Marvin Lewis or John Fox. People were cautious in their optimism from the beginning. Even if Williams didn't work out, he was a very good coaching prospect before he was hired.

With Drew, the Bills starting QB was Alex Van Pelt. The team desperately needed a QB and even though the price was high the Bills got a QB that was a vet, he was successful in the past, he was a "good guy", and he looked to be the "savior" of the franchise. It looked good in the beginning and he brought back some excitement in the team.

Winner: Bledsoe

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-03-2005, 09:06 AM
I don't think either did more good than harm for the Bills. Both handicapped the franchise, and although each had their good contributions, the bad outweighs the good for both when you look at the big picture (think opportunity cost, folks.)

alohabillsfan
06-03-2005, 09:32 AM
This depends entirely on how JP turns out, hopefully Bledsoe wins this poll!

pleasesavedrew
06-03-2005, 01:44 PM
easy answer, drew was 23-25, williams was 17-31. Drew also didnt deserve to be let got, williams should not have been hired because wade phillips should never have been fired. two winning seasons with flutie and a .500 season with rob johnson, not to shabby.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2005, 03:16 PM
I think GW set us back quite aways, while Drew may have inched us slightly forward. And Drew was a higher character guy as well.