PDA

View Full Version : (Link) I guess it is true that Peerless only cares about himself.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-20-2002, 01:11 AM
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/353/sports/Bills_Price_unhappy_in_being_l:.shtml?Bills_Price_unhappy_in_being_l:.shtml

''It definitely makes me think about it,'' Price said, referring to testing the free agent market once his contract runs out at the end of this season. ''It's a thought, of course. It's me being a competitor and the type of player I am. Yeah, it's a thought because I know there's more opportunities out there for me.''

Price, in his fourth year with the Bills, is enjoying a breakout season. With two games left, he's already set career highs with 1,156 yards receiving, 84 catches and nine touchdowns all of which rank him among the NFL's top eight receivers.

In comparison, Moulds has the same number of touchdowns, two more catches and 11 more yards receiving.

And yet, Price understands how the Pro Bowl voting works, believing that the nod goes to the more established player such as Moulds, who has already been selected twice before.

''I know how it is,'' Price said. ''If my number is comparable to guys that have been there, they're going to go. That's just the way it is.''

Rounding out the list of AFC Pro Bowl receivers are Indianapolis' Marvin Harrison, Oakland's Jerry Rice and Pittsburgh's Hines Ward.

And being named a Pro Bowl alternate was no consolation for Price.

''That's cool, but I wanted to go,'' he said.

The only solution, Price added, might be to play somewhere else.

''I feel if I came back here and did the same thing next year, I'd get in,'' Price said. ''But I feel like, yeah, if I'm somewhere else getting the majority of the throws, then my numbers will be that much better. So it's like a catch-22.''

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Enjoy these next 2 weeks cause it will be the last 2 weeks we see Peerless in a Bills uniform.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-20-2002, 01:22 AM
Peerless better go to the NFC because it doesn't matter what other AFC team he was on, he wouldn't have beaten out Moulds, Rice, or Ward

German
12-20-2002, 01:27 AM
Wouldn't you be disappointed after having a season like him?
I don't blame him.

As for the other remarks, he's just being realistic. He won't get the same money Moulds is making even though he's matching Mould's numbers. On top of that he's realising that Moulds will be the undisputed #1 reciever for the Bills for years to come.

So again, I don't blame him. He's a professional athlete and a business man. Can you really blame him for wanting to check around if he can't get a better deal and be a #1 reciever?

Personally I think Price is a product of this system. If he does leave and be the #1 guy on some other team his numbers will go down instead of up because he'll be the one drawing double coverages.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-20-2002, 01:29 AM
I don't blame him for being disapointed but he's showing the amount of throws that go his way are more important then the team.

German
12-20-2002, 01:46 AM
I don't see it that way. I think he's more worried about not getting the recognition that he deserves because he's playing behind somebody like Moulds.

I'll be happy if he stays but doubt that's going to happen.
I wish him good luck for the future.

TypicalBill
12-20-2002, 02:35 AM
he's also gonna have a hard time if he goes to the NFC.
Randy Moss,Terrell Owens,Joe Horn,........

JJamezz
12-20-2002, 10:39 AM
I absolutely agree - Price is gonna be in for a big time wake-up call if he becomes the #1 guy on another team... If he doesn't realize how much of his success this year is directly tied to not only Moulds, but Bledsoe and Gilbride, then he's just flat out kidding himself.

Novacane
12-20-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by German
I don't see it that way. I think he's more worried about not getting the recognition that he deserves because he's playing behind somebody like Moulds.

He should be glad he is playing behind somebody like Moulds. If it were not for Eric taking most of the double coverage PP would not have had near the season he had.

If he goes somewhere to be a #1 he will be very suprised how differant it is when he is also the #1 target of defenses! As cas said in the other thread on this subject.....................Price likely will be another Alvin Harper!

Novacane
12-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Price said. "But, yeah, if I'm somewhere else getting the majority of the throws then my numbers will be that much better, so it's like a Catch-22."

We'll see Peerless........We'll see!

SABURZFAN
12-20-2002, 03:16 PM
of course,peerless only cares about himself.he'll get the big money from somewhere else and disappoint that team.i hope we don't re-sign him.there's other WR's that'll be available at a lower cost and we'll be able to solidify our defense with a couple of FA.