PDA

View Full Version : NHL Talks for the third consecutive day...

Myers57
06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Hopes are up that there may be a collective bargaining agreement by the end of June. Lets hope this talking is a good sign! :hockey:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=126812

clumping platelets
06-03-2005, 03:46 AM
They need to resolve this NOW. They've already lost ESPN (about $2 million/team). What other advertisers/investors/supporters will they lose if another is lost?

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I think their sponsors are starting to put the pressure on the league. I still think it is funny that ESPNs contract is for like 60 million and then you look that the TV money for the NFL is what 600 million. The league is such a joke.

clumping platelets
06-03-2005, 11:58 PM
I watched the Sabres 8-0 bombing of the Cryers on Adelphia 13........I miss hockey :(

Stoneludlow
06-06-2005, 07:52 AM
We may all be crying if th CBA's of the major league sports ( NFL, MLB, NBA, & NHL ) don't all get settled then where will we be ? NASCAR?

I love the changing of the seasons, Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good race but what are we going to watch the other 6 days of the week if the CBA's aren't settled soon?

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 07:03 AM
As much as I love hockey, the NHL represents everything that is wrong with all the major sports today. Overpaid crybabies who lost sight of why the games are played and corrupt owners/league officials... and either way it's depriving the only people that matter -- the fans... the people who, if it weren't for them, keep these "sports" alive and make them what they are.

It sucks. I just hope they're back on the ice this fall so I can look forward to something other than the Bills all year long... and the Sabs better bring back the blue and gold...