PDA

View Full Version : News report from Valhalla Stadium

Ebenezer
06-03-2005, 02:01 PM
The Ebenezer Norsemen confirm that they are in intense negotiations with potential #1 overall pick Braylon Edwards. Edwards, the speedy wide receiver from Michigan, is excited and willing to play for the Norsemen. However, Edwards says that he knows he has great value should he be taken #1 overall but that he "wants to be an instant contributor to a team that wants him."

Edwards, speaking from draft headquarters in Orchard Park, NY, insisted that he, "be ready to accept a good deal and get started being a pro". He added, "I know what kind of player I am going to be. Every day a professional. Every day a leader. Every day doing my best to help a team win. We win and the payoff will be there. Am I going to accept less just to get on the field? Of course not. Am I going to break the bank and hold a team hostage? No".

In response to whether the Norsemen would consider taking Edwards with the #1 pick, owner, President and GM, Ebenezer, said that, "While we have not determined who will be our #1 pick we have slotted three players that may be taken #1 overall. Do we like Braylon? Absolutely. Are we going to overpay him? No. We are right against the cap this year and we have to be cognizent of the future. The player we choose has to be a leader. Somebody who will put the team first and make us a championship caliber team. It will be a lot on that person to accept those roles. The #1 pick is not just about athleticism."

The BZFL 2005 rookie draft will start Monday morning June 6th.

Devin
06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Brilliant!

The King
06-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Braylon should go #1. Thats why I saw no value there. You dont have much of a choice Eb both your starters are old.

R. Rich
06-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Just don't draft Roscoe Parrish first, Eb.

Ebenezer
06-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Just don't draft Roscoe Parrish first, Eb.
that's a safe bet!

Devin
06-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah Edwards will go 1, Rich will go D just tough deciding who. He only has so many options at D because hes pretty solid there. I still hold true with Ware imo.

L.A. Playa
06-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah Edwards will go 1, Rich will go D just tough deciding who. He only has so many options at D because hes pretty solid there. I still hold true with Ware imo.

Looking at Rich's final roster I think he is solid an young on D but needs some young good Skill position players thats why I think he goes what he deems as the best WR available with his first pick

Devin
06-03-2005, 02:22 PM
I cant see Rich taking the 2nd best WR that early, and I know he is a nut for Defense. A young stud DE might be hard to pass. Either way will be interesting.

R. Rich
06-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll say this: I've "strongly considered" each of the guys pmacla and Devin have mentioned as possible picks w/ my #2 draft pick. Maybe I'll go w/ one of them, maybe I'll go w/ someone that hasn't even been mentioned.

RetroRaiders81
06-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Good read :bf1: