PDA

View Full Version : 'I'd hesitate to fire Gray' - Article

Pride
12-20-2002, 10:02 AM
'I'd hesitate to fire Gray'

Steve Tasker - ShoutNewspaper.com
December 20, 2002 at 10:25am ET

Seven-time Pro Bowler Steve Tasker says Gregg Williams will return as coach in 2003. He added that he would think twice about firing defensive coordinator Jerry Gray at the end of this season. This is an excerpt from Tasker's upcoming column in Shout!, on newsstands after the Dec. 22 Packers game. Call 1-800-93-BILLS to subscribe.

Williams has handled the whole job as head coach much better in his second year. I see the development. He's handling the off-field stuff much better. He's handling the media better. He handles his staff better. He lets things unfold a little bit and doesn't try to preempt or control everything. He's more calm and collected and handles himself with a little more confidence than last year.

MORE (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/theinsiders/20021220/citadel-2_83108_24.html)

Pride
12-20-2002, 10:10 AM
His arguement for keeping Gray is that if he had Spoon, Hanson, and Foreman, they would have been good....

PUUUULEASE!!!!

We lose Spoon, Hanson, and Foreman and pick up Fletcher, Wire, Clements is more experienced, and the "system" is better in place.

I am sorry, but if there is any reason why this defense has gone backwards, it is because of the lack of leadership and adjustments at half-time, if I can't blame GW, then I sure as hell am going to blame Jerry Gray.

Fire the high school DC!

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2002, 10:13 AM
I think he had one punt return too many. Spoon, Foreman and Hansen. :snicker:

Novacane
12-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Steve's just kissing up to OBD.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2002, 03:29 PM
get rid of the bum.