PDA

View Full Version : NYC stadium vote delayed

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-03-2005, 08:38 PM
A key vote was delayed today for the NYC stadium. As sensless as this is, Bloomberg will use his $$$$ and political power to really push for the new construction. 2 State legislators are against it which is key. A unanimous (3 votes) is needed to make it move forward. It's all about greed and really nothing to do with the Jets or football in general. Pataki and Bloomberg want this simply for the huge economic impact of hosting the olympics. And of course, to feed their gigantic egoes.
Almost 4 years later, while this city is still struggling to just finalize the plans to rebuild Ground Zero, they're talking about building an astronomical amount of office space around the new stadium. The competition is a conflict of interest. Bloomberg and Pataki spend so much time and effort supporting the efforts to rebuild the WTC and now they're talking out of the other side of their mouths. 24 million square feet of office space surrounding this stadium?(I'm guessing that's a misprint in the article and should be 2.4 but even so)How could that not compete with the Ground Zero redevelopment? BTW, there should be a helluva a lot more noise about this in the Buffalo press as well as every other community north of Westchester County. I've only read one cynical article in the Buffalo News while there should be some strong, tangible communication produced every single day. The evidence against this absurd endeavor is obvious to everyone.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/summer/2005-06-03-nyc-stadium_x.htm

RedEyE
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
:bf1:

juice
06-03-2005, 08:51 PM
That might not be good news for Bills fans.. more time for payoffs.

Michael82
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Good, i'm glad it got delayed again. Hopefully Silver and Bruno will vote against it, because no one else in this state wants it, other than 40% of the people in NYC, Pataki and Bloomberg.