PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance of a Tag and Trade deal with Price?

BigMike68
12-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Peerless is definatly sounding like he dosent want to be here in Eric's shadow and hes turing in to a cry baby. So this off season insted of letting Peerless just walk away and probably get a 3rd rounder in comp in the 2004 draft is there any way TD can put a Tag on him not counting towards the cap and trade Price for a 1st or a 2nd round pick? Then again i just read that Peerless "spent part of the offseason in Atlanta working out with Bengals LB Takeo Spikes and Ravens TE Shannon Sharpe" so maybe if we keep Price he can try to persuade Takeo to come on over. Or if that dosent work maybe Price can be traded to the A.T.L. for the whole year and give Michael Vick a decent WR to throw to.

Novacane
12-20-2002, 11:03 AM
I doubt it! That would make his salary average of the top 5 WR in the league. I don't think any team is going to pay him that!

Novacane
12-20-2002, 11:04 AM
+ no team in thier right mind would give up a # 1 and # 2 for a WR. Especially one who has had 1 decent season.

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2002, 11:11 AM
Maybe the Redskins.... or Butthead. :coocoo:

Novacane
12-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Thats true! Butthead gave Dwight 3 mill per. He might double that for Peerless.

clumping platelets
12-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Franchise or Transition tag tenders count towards cap. Salary cap is NOT a concern in as much that the cap space needed for the tag is available. However, that cap space is tied up until resolution: either Peerless signs deal with Bills or is traded. This definitely has possibilities.

I've been thinking the same thing. It would be interesting to tag Peerless and then trade him for a #1 pick.

BigMike68
12-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks Clump I actually was directing that question to you without saying it (I looked on your Cap Page but didnt see much activity). Im not positive but did St .Louis do something like that to trade Kevin Carter for a 1st round pick?

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2002, 01:24 PM
If the Bills tag PP, then trade him, is the other team obligated to pay him top 5?

If so, I don't see why anyone would do that.

Ebenezer
12-20-2002, 01:28 PM
I believe that they could renotiate the deal and get rid of the TP or FP tag. Don't discount Atlanta as being a place PP would play. They should have cap room.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2002, 03:11 PM
anything's possible but i don't think price will be back.i think he'll take the money and run off to the team that pays the most.it won't be us.

DraftBoy
12-20-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by BigMike68
Peerless is definatly sounding like he dosent want to be here in Eric's shadow and hes turing in to a cry baby. So this off season insted of letting Peerless just walk away and probably get a 3rd rounder in comp in the 2004 draft is there any way TD can put a Tag on him not counting towards the cap and trade Price for a 1st or a 2nd round pick? Then again i just read that Peerless "spent part of the offseason in Atlanta working out with Bengals LB Takeo Spikes and Ravens TE Shannon Sharpe" so maybe if we keep Price he can try to persuade Takeo to come on over. Or if that dosent work maybe Price can be traded to the A.T.L. for the whole year and give Michael Vick a decent WR to throw to.

Where is the crybaby comment coming from? Has anything been said that hasnt been posted here or is this another false unproven opinion?

Ð
12-20-2002, 03:18 PM
Check the other threads on this, Winfield, there's quotes & a link, I believe.

BigMike68
12-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Winfeild do you live in a cave? This quote has been said over and over again on WGR,WNSA,The Buffalo News, THe Empire Sports Network today. . "If my numbers are comparable to guys who have been there, then they're going to go. That's just the way it is. There's some politics that go into everything. . . . Even if you have a career year it's not a given."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021220/1037105.asp

DraftBoy
12-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Ok sorry didnt see another thread I just hate made-up statements

DraftBoy
12-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BigMike68
Winfeild do you live in a cave? This quote has been said over and over again on WGR,WNSA,The Buffalo News, THe Empire Sports Network today. . "If my numbers are comparable to guys who have been there, then they're going to go. That's just the way it is. There's some politics that go into everything. . . . Even if you have a career year it's not a given."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021220/1037105.asp

Do I live in a cave? If Atlanta, Georgia is a cave than yes. I dont get WGR, WNSA, The Buffalo News, or Empire down here in ATL. Sorry for not tuning in to something I cant watch.

clumping platelets
12-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Yes, Rams did the same thing with Kevin Carter. Thus precedent exists :chuckle:

Come on TD, tag him!! Get a #1 :)

DIHARD2
12-20-2002, 11:33 PM
If Price would have produce these numbers, playing on another team, there's a good chance he would've been in the running. I don't see where this is whining. He is just stating a fact, and he knows how the system works. Also if I'm not mistaken, it would also increase his pay scale if he would have made the pro bowl.

In today's NFL, we should all realize that money speaks louder than loyalty, and loyalty does not put bread on the table. So for anyone who complain if Price wants to go to where he going to get the best payday, must have the best job in the world, and they would not give it up for better pay! Right!

I would love to see Price stay, but I'm a realist and I know that you cannot have two top-quality receivers without hurting yourself in some other position, where today I believe would be in our defense.

Think about it and think about it in reality, also think if you were in his shoes, what would you choose. We will be fine if we can not keep him but if we do keep him and he takes up the salary room that we need for a top-notch defensive player, Price is gone.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

colin
12-21-2002, 10:00 AM
A tag and swap would be outstanding

BufBlue4ever60
12-21-2002, 12:38 PM
And if we do trade Price, should we trade him for a defensive player, or a First round Draft Pick. I think that Price for Takeo Spikes is a bit of a long shot but maybe for someone like Jerimiah Trotter.

WG
12-21-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

Do I live in a cave? If Atlanta, Georgia is a cave than yes. I dont get WGR, WNSA, The Buffalo News, or Empire down here in ATL. Sorry for not tuning in to something I cant watch.

Come on 26! What's wrong with you! Don't you have a radio that gets all the Buffalo sports stations and have cable that broadcasts all of their TV programs!

Tsk, tsk, tsk! And you call yourself a fan!

;)

LOL

On Price, he had better have a nice couple of last games, like 150 apiece and 3 TDs if we're planning on franchising him and trading him. Even then, I would only pay a 1st-rounder and top 5 money for a WR who posted 1,500+ yards and has at least 14 TDs. If Price doesn't have a good last two games, then he could easily slip well below #10 in both yards and TDs. Over his last 5 games he's averaging less than 5 recpts. and only 63 YPG and has been blanked for TDs in 4 of those games. Passing against G.B. may be tough.

No team in their right mind, hello John Butler, is going to trade a 1st round pick and pay that much money (ie. top 5 WR money using Moss' enormous contract as one of the 5), for a heretofore unproven WR who had a 1,250 yard 9/10 TD season. You can find WRs like that for much less. I think we'd be stuck with him and that no team would even pay the salary let alone trade a 1st. As good if not even better WRs would be available for cheaper and far less risk in the draft.

Typ0
12-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Can't you get those radio stations on the internet?

WG
12-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Depends on the connection and where you are when they're on, eh.

The_Philster
12-21-2002, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by Typ0
Can't you get those radio stations on the internet?

WNSA (http://www.streamaudio.com/listen/?station=wnsa_fm)
Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/teamsleagues/bills.asp)

DraftBoy
12-21-2002, 04:14 PM
Yea you know since I have no life outside of the bills and my cpu is on 24/7 I can listed to the radio on the net at all times.

DraftBoy
12-21-2002, 04:15 PM
DieHard- I completely concur as it looks like people are trying to turn certain things he says into a reason to deal him, I see his comments of more critical of the NFL selection committee than of the Buffalo Bills franchise.

Don Cherry
12-21-2002, 04:46 PM

Do I live in a cave? If Atlanta, Georgia is a cave than yes. I dont get WGR, WNSA, The Buffalo News, or Empire down here in ATL. Sorry for not tuning in to something I cant watch. Try our front page, Winfield 26. We scour the internet 24/7 for all the Bills news & have all that stuff collected in one place so you don't have to.

DraftBoy
12-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Ok this topic has gone way off of the subject we went from discussing whether or not Price was whining with what he said to determining that I dont do enough to get Bills info, because I didnt see one thread? Ok! Anyways I still want somebody to explain to me how Price's comment on Pro Bowl, means hes leaving the Bills.

mybills
12-21-2002, 05:59 PM
Ok this topic has gone way off of the subject we went from discussing whether or not Price was whining with what he said to determining that I dont do enough to get Bills info, because I didnt see one thread? Ok! Anyways I still want somebody to explain to me how Price's comment on Pro Bowl, means hes leaving the Bills.

I want to know that too. And will we be traded off the zone just for asking? :chat:

clumping platelets
12-21-2002, 11:11 PM
Price is playing second fiddle to Moulds. He feels he needs to be the #1 option and have a chance to catch more passes for more yds and more TDs to have a chance to make the Pro-Bowl. He wants a situation like Marvin Harrison has in Indy.....however, Peerless is not on the same block as Harrison.

He will be a bust as a FA on another team. Historically, WRs take 2-3 yrs before they begin playing the team back for the FA investment. Anyone heard of Alvin Harper?

DIHARD2
12-22-2002, 08:58 AM
I think Price realizes that he would not have what he does have if it wasn't for Molds. He makes a lot of the same mistakes, and he gets stupid penalties. The ones that you would expect only a rookie to do.

For some reason the defense knows what to say to him in order for him to pull a boneheaded mistake. Unfortunately a lot of those are called when it kills a first down, at an important time in the game.

I don't know if he is a number one receiver, but I do know that unless he tries, he will never know. I do believe he isn't worth tying up a lot of cap space on, we can pick up to many number two receivers for less.

He is a human being and he has a right to vent his opinion without it being considered whining.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

DraftBoy
12-22-2002, 09:45 AM
I think Price's comments were just saying that Buffalo is getting little repsect as a team in whole, and that he should be on the Pro Bowl ballot. Price and Moulds are like 2 #1 options. Both get pretty equal catches.