Is there any chance of a Tag and Trade deal with Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance of a Tag and Trade deal with Price?

Peerless is definatly sounding like he dosent want to be here in Eric's shadow and hes turing in to a cry baby. So this off season insted of letting Peerless just walk away and probably get a 3rd rounder in comp in the 2004 draft is there any way TD can put a Tag on him not counting towards the cap and trade Price for a 1st or a 2nd round pick? Then again i just read that Peerless "spent part of the offseason in Atlanta working out with Bengals LB Takeo Spikes and Ravens TE Shannon Sharpe" so maybe if we keep Price he can try to persuade Takeo to come on over. Or if that dosent work maybe Price can be traded to the A.T.L. for the whole year and give Michael Vick a decent WR to throw to.
  • BledsoeTOreedfor6
    • Jul 2002

I doubt it! That would make his salary average of the top 5 WR in the league. I don't think any team is going to pay him that!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

+ no team in thier right mind would give up a # 1 and # 2 for a WR. Especially one who has had 1 decent season.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Maybe the Redskins.... or Butthead.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

Thats true! Butthead gave Dwight 3 mill per. He might double that for Peerless.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Franchise or Transition tag tenders count towards cap. Salary cap is NOT a concern in as much that the cap space needed for the tag is available. However, that cap space is tied up until resolution: either Peerless signs deal with Bills or is traded. This definitely has possibilities.

I've been thinking the same thing. It would be interesting to tag Peerless and then trade him for a #1 pick.

Comment

Thanks Clump I actually was directing that question to you without saying it (I looked on your Cap Page but didnt see much activity). Im not positive but did St .Louis do something like that to trade Kevin Carter for a 1st round pick?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

If the Bills tag PP, then trade him, is the other team obligated to pay him top 5?

If so, I don't see why anyone would do that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

I believe that they could renotiate the deal and get rid of the TP or FP tag. Don't discount Atlanta as being a place PP would play. They should have cap room.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

anything's possible but i don't think price will be back.i think he'll take the money and run off to the team that pays the most.it won't be us.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Is there any chance of a Tag and Trade deal with Price?

Originally posted by BigMike68
                      Peerless is definatly sounding like he dosent want to be here in Eric's shadow and hes turing in to a cry baby. So this off season insted of letting Peerless just walk away and probably get a 3rd rounder in comp in the 2004 draft is there any way TD can put a Tag on him not counting towards the cap and trade Price for a 1st or a 2nd round pick? Then again i just read that Peerless "spent part of the offseason in Atlanta working out with Bengals LB Takeo Spikes and Ravens TE Shannon Sharpe" so maybe if we keep Price he can try to persuade Takeo to come on over. Or if that dosent work maybe Price can be traded to the A.T.L. for the whole year and give Michael Vick a decent WR to throw to.

Where is the crybaby comment coming from? Has anything been said that hasnt been posted here or is this another false unproven opinion?
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BigDoug
                        1-800-SAD-GOAT
                        • Jul 2002

Check the other threads on this, Winfield, there's quotes & a link, I believe.

Comment

Winfeild do you live in a cave? This quote has been said over and over again on WGR,WNSA,The Buffalo News, THe Empire Sports Network today. . "If my numbers are comparable to guys who have been there, then they're going to go. That's just the way it is. There's some politics that go into everything. . . . Even if you have a career year it's not a given."

Comment

• Winfield_26
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Ok sorry didnt see another thread I just hate made-up statements
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Winfield_26
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigMike68
                              Winfeild do you live in a cave? This quote has been said over and over again on WGR,WNSA,The Buffalo News, THe Empire Sports Network today. . "If my numbers are comparable to guys who have been there, then they're going to go. That's just the way it is. There's some politics that go into everything. . . . Even if you have a career year it's not a given."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...20/1037105.asp

Do I live in a cave? If Atlanta, Georgia is a cave than yes. I dont get WGR, WNSA, The Buffalo News, or Empire down here in ATL. Sorry for not tuning in to something I cant watch.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X