• Show
Clear All
  • Bert102176
    • Aug 2002

Ross Verba

asked for his release after learning of the Shelton signing
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

He was once a pretty good player, but he might not have much left.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• clumping platelets

He also wants to be paid as a top 10 LT that he's not

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

he is a top 10 LT right now.. he had his best season last year..

tell me ten LTs that are better than him right now?

he would be a huge upgrade over gandy.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          he is a top 10 LT right now.. he had his best season last year..

tell me ten LTs that are better than him right now?

he would be a huge upgrade over gandy.
          I agree there, he played very well last season. His contract demands are ridiculous though. If Cleveland does release him, the Bills should definitely be contacting his agent to see what he wants.

There aren't that many teams who have a need for him right now and are willing to throw out a lot of money for him. Maybe Houston.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Johnny Utah
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

He should be brought in to compete.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
              There aren't that many teams who have a need for him right now and are willing to throw out a lot of money for him. Maybe Houston.
              I would like to see the Bills try to get him if the Browns release him, but, from the articles I read about Shelton that were posted on the BZ front page recently, Houston seems to be very interested in upgrading at LT and probably would be willing to come up with a decent amount of money for R.Verba.

That might make Verba more expensive than the Bills can afford, but, nevertheless, he has shown a lot more than Shelton, especially lately, and I would like the Bills to at least explore the possibility of getting him. Of course, Cleveland might not be that willing to release him and might try to hold onto him to see if they can get anything, in terms of draft picks, for him.
              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                I would like to see the Bills try to get him if the Browns release him, but, from the articles I read about Shelton that were posted on the BZ front page recently, Houston seems to be very interested in upgrading at LT and probably would be willing to come up with a decent amount of money for R.Verba.

That might make Verba more expensive than the Bills can afford, but, nevertheless, he has shown a lot more than Shelton, especially lately, and I would like the Bills to at least explore the possibility of getting him. Of course, Cleveland might not be that willing to release him and might try to hold onto him to see if they can get anything, in terms of draft picks, for him.
                Three way trade: TH to Titans, Titans 3rd round pick in 2006 to Cleveland, RV to Buffalo.

I could live with that if RV's contract won't put us in cap hell this year or down the road.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

I read somewhere he wants a 38 million+ deal! no thanks.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

I would just keep away from the guy. Put someone young with upside at tackle.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

We seem to keep forgetting about that pesky salary cap.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i think that verba wants Jennings money.. and honestly, he is a better LT than Jennings is, so i dont blame him. He also was the lowest paid LT in the league last year but didnt make any noise because he was promised more money next year.. but what he wants and what he gets are two totally different things.. the entire league laughed at the 49ers for the amount of money they paid jennings..

verba may find that the market for LTs is not what he thinks and that the amount of money people have left for a LT is not what it was a few months ago when jennings got paid.

Shelton didnt generate much interest and only got a one year deal after sitting around.. the dominant probowl RT that got cut from seattle hasnt even gotten a sniff that i have read about (granded there are some drug/character issues there).. so teams are not throwing around tons of money at this point.

we could be surprised if he is released. he may sign w/ someone for alot less than 38 million.. more like 15-20 million.. and at that price, i would take him in buffalo in a new york minute.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

I agree that he is still a decent player, but he is getting older. I don't think our cap will support even 15-20 million, however, particularly for a guy who might put us in a world of dead cap s*** in a few years.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I agree that he is still a decent player, but he is getting older. I don't think our cap will support even 15-20 million, however, particularly for a guy who might put us in a world of dead cap s*** in a few years.
                            hmm.. lets see..

option 1 - to have a little cap trouble in 3 years that can always be easily solved w/ restructures

option 2 - to see gandy get hurt again like he has every year since he has been in the league... then see an awful rotation of teague and peters, neither of which have ever shown they can play LT better than Gandy, which is not saying much at all, at LT for the remainder of the year while JP gets raped from the backside all year like he was in prison, that is until he gets hurt, knocked out for the season with another broken leg and has his confidence shaken beyond repair. so that way we are not in cap hell, but we have a worthless 1st round qb and still no good qb in buffalo since jim kelly.

i can see how option 1 is more appealing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

You may be right, T, but the Bills are acting - not only with Verba, but with a number of other guys that might have helped - like we either flat don't have the money, or don't want to jeopardize what room we have.

Comment

Working...
                              X