PDA

View Full Version : Bills are throwing a bone to the fans who hate the new unis

Michael82
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
As I was walking to my car yesterday, I noticed a bunch of people with the new throwback jerseys on. I had my Thurman Thomas jersey with me and I realized something. They've gone back to the royal blue that everyone was missing. There was a bunch of complaints about the new uniforms when they came out, many of them were people who missed the royal blue. A lot of the older fans hated the new uniform because it screwed up with tradition and seemed too much like the Broncos jerseys. Even Kent Hull said that "The first time I saw the jersey they're wearing now, I thought they looked like the Denver Broncos. This looks like Buffalo."

By bringing these back as throwbacks, it's a way for the Bills to throw a bone to the fans and apologize in a way. I think that their main goal for these new jerseys is to increase sales and it did what they wanted. A bunch of people bought them yesterday and a bunch are still buying them off the site. Either way, I'm glad they decided to bring the old style back. I love the way the royal blue looks. :clap:

http://www.buffalobillsproshop.com/store-bills/images/products/xlarge/mcthrow.jpg

juice
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I never understood what was wrong with the Old shade of Blue anyway it's been that shade like forever.. who's bright idea was it to go to the Darker color on the new Jerseys?

:blowup:

The_Philster
06-06-2005, 04:45 AM
No one said anything was wrong with it, juice. But a change in jerseys garners more jersey sales and it's all about the :$:

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Who is complaining about the "throwback" jersey. It is a throwback, my god man, Bill's fans will find anything to complain about.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2005, 07:09 AM
I think the throwbacks present a real nice look, both for the younger fans and us old timers who are reminded of the great teams of the 60s.

It's also a big time marketing thing, as the Bills will sell not only a ton of jerseys, but hats, t-shirts, replica helmets and other throwback stuff as well. And look at the interest that's been generated during an otherwise slow time of year!

juice
06-06-2005, 07:53 AM
No one said anything was wrong with it, juice. But a change in jerseys garners more jersey sales and it's all about the :$:Great idea sacrafice Bills history for $$.. The jersey had been change in the past without changing the color scheme Phil - what was wrong with the existing colors was my question, not why did the team change the Jersey.

This Idea that the more stuff you add to the Jersey the better it is might be misguided.. I actually think the simpler Jersey looks much better and maintains the teams since of history - Not the Bronco reject colors and schemes.

mybills
06-06-2005, 08:02 AM
They remind me of the Colts jerseys from a distance.

unpaid_bills
06-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I like the throwbacks. I think its kind of cool to change up the Uniform once in a while. After a success in the 90's the team needed to take on a new identity. I like the 60's throwbacks I think its a good look. Hopefull will bring the team some good luck and lots of wins this season!

Go Bills

Mudflap1
06-06-2005, 09:54 AM
I think what Mikey is saying is that the 'new jerseys' (the ones that came in three years ago) are jerseys that some people don't like, they prefer the styles before that.

I agree, the throwbacks look good. Simple, cool, classic!

Jon

BuffaloRanger
06-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Who is complaining about the "throwback" jersey. It is a throwback, my god man, Bill's fans will find anything to complain about.

They look like High School jerseys! No team name. No logo. More generic crap.

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2005, 12:09 PM
I wish they would just go to these jersey's full time!

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Either way though it is a way of making money in a small market. They came out with new jersey's and everybody got one. Now they have throwbacks and many people will buy those.

pleasesavedrew
06-06-2005, 01:37 PM
i love our current uniforms, they gave some flash and pizzaz to a team that was desperate for it. I am happy to kick it old school a few games this year. i wish they could use this one for like 6 games, the current home for six, and our white for 4.

Historian
06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
I think the throwbacks present a real nice look, both for the younger fans and us old timers who are reminded of the great teams of the 60s.[QUOTE]

I agree.

[QUOTE]It's also a big time marketing thing, as the Bills will sell not only a ton of jerseys, but hats, t-shirts, replica helmets and other throwback stuff as well. And look at the interest that's been generated during an otherwise slow time of year!

And this time, they actually had them to sell. In 2002, they ran out during the unveiling and didn't get any in until November.