PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT'S Throwback !

im4bflo
06-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Anybody over 40 yrs of age may like these a little more than the younger fans, I kind of get that feel by reading the posts about the throwbacks.
I LOVE THEM! Which dates me :) but I wouldn't of changed all these years of being a BILLS fan for nothing.
They finally went all out with the helmet, I didn't think we'd ever see that again, after that feeble attempt during the 75th ann. year with the red helmet and WHITE standing buffalo(although I bought the mini-helmet)
My bet, if they go with our history, they'll wear them in SD for the away game, that's who we beat both times for our only CHAMPIONSHIPS!
The uni's look awesome, they say BUFFALO!
GO BILLS!!!!

LtFinFan66
06-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Throwbacks are pretty cool I gotta say. Really like the helmets!

im4bflo
06-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Throwbacks are pretty cool I gotta say. Really like the helmets!
They do look good, don't they?!!!

Turf
06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I like em better than the new unis.

helmetguy
06-06-2005, 09:17 PM
They rekindle my earliest Bills memories, b'golly!

im4bflo
06-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Wait til opening day when we get to watch them PLAY in those uni's!
It'll be like going back in time.
Living in CA, I won't be at the opener, I'm flying out for the FISH & Jets games, but I'll also be in San Diego, so I'm hoping that's the away game for the throwbacks. If SD wear their throwbacks, it would be awesome!
:gobills:

Jan Reimers
06-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Nice to see some of us older guys like the throwbacks and the memories they bring back.

LifetimeBillsFan
06-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Now that they have brought back all of those warm, fuzzy feelings of pride from my youth with these terrific throwback jerseys, what I'd really love is for the current team to play as well as those championship teams that these jerseys celebrate! That would really make this old guy feel great!!!

Jan Reimers
06-07-2005, 06:50 AM
This just might be the year, LBF, for the Bills to star in their own Cinderella story.

Mad Bomber
06-07-2005, 06:54 AM
I love the throwbacks. They remind me of when I first became a Bills fan as a young boy in the early '60s.

ExWNYer
06-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Now that they have brought back all of those warm, fuzzy feelings of pride from my youth with these terrific throwback jerseys, what I'd really love is for the current team to play as well as those championship teams that these jerseys celebrate! That would really make this old guy feel great!!!

I'll second that! :goodpost:

McBFLO
06-07-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm 23 and I love them. I'd like to see them switch to those uni's permanantly! The white pants with the black spikes really adds to the old-school football feel...

THATHURMANATOR
06-07-2005, 09:43 AM
I love the throwbacks.

im4bflo
06-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Old School RULES!!!
Those black shoes are BADASS!
We've got to do them right, we've got to WIN in those uni's, or the warm fuzzy's will freeze solid!
We will win in these uni's, I.......got a feeeeelin' :;

Meathead
06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I've been around long enough to personally see (and remember) them play in every helmet except with the one with numbers as their logo, and I will gladly be the first to say that my favorite of all time is the current blue-on-blue. That's one bad-ass look, imo.

And while the standing buffalo brings back some fantastic nostalgia for me, that was one stiff-ass boring buffalo that would make Al Gore look exciting. The only thing he had going for him was a bigger package. Nah, give me the updated charging goat/buffalo thingy with the blue streak and barely discernable peepee any day.

The only thing I would change is that I’d rather the current helmet be white with the dark blue facemask and a big fat strip down the middle. Su-WEET!

Oh, and sleeve logos. When the hell are they gonna give me my damned sleeve logos? We’re Buffalo Bills fans, dammit - we’re proud of it and we’re tired of people asking us “so is that a Giants jersey?” Arrrgh!

im4bflo
06-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I've been around long enough to personally see (and remember) them play in every helmet except with the one with numbers as their logo, and I will gladly be the first to say that my favorite of all time is the current blue-on-blue. That's one bad-ass look, imo.

And while the standing buffalo brings back some fantastic nostalgia for me, that was one stiff-ass boring buffalo that would make Al Gore look exciting. The only thing he had going for him was a bigger package. Nah, give me the updated charging goat/buffalo thingy with the blue streak and barely discernable peepee any day.

The only thing I would change is that I’d rather the current helmet be white with the dark blue facemask and a big fat strip down the middle. Su-WEET!

Oh, and sleeve logos. When the hell are they gonna give me my damned sleeve logos? We’re Buffalo Bills fans, dammit - we’re proud of it and we’re tired of people asking us “so is that a Giants jersey?” Arrrgh!

My first game I can remember was the last game at the ROCKPILE!
I remember the chant 'goodbye rockpile, goodbye rockpile, GoodBye ROCKPILE, We're sad to see you go!', and everyone breaking off their seat#, the bench's were made of wood where we were at.
I like our current ALL Blue look also, we be BAD!
And I like the new throwbacks because of the 'old school' football look, and I hope we keep both, darker all blue for home, throwback for away, but that won't happen, but this year at least it will :bf1:
I like the red helmet with the navy blue uni, and the white with the royal.
And both logo's are cool, I've rooted for them both, I guess I like it all :biggrin:
As long as the team plays well, they'll look good in anything :;
:gobills:

chubluv
06-07-2005, 10:24 PM

Me to !!!!!!!

Meathead
06-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I hope we keep both, darker all blue for home, throwback for away, but that won't happen
Hey, that's a terrific idea. I would love to see that, but you're right it won't happen.