PDA

View Full Version : Golden Brewsers

The King
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Just a little over an hour before the BZFL Rookie draft and breaking news from the Brewsers Camp.

It has been rumored that Coach Jim Mora Sr. will not be present in the war room today. On Hand was GM Bedard, OC Phill Sims and DC Dick Lebeau all of which declined comment.

Could prove to be a very interesting day for the Golden Brewsers of Denver.

Also the Brewsers would like to announce their official sponsors for the 2005 season.

Coors Light- The Official Light Beer
Sam Adams-Official Beer
PEPSI-Official Softdrink
Seagrams 7-Official Hard Drink
Fenway Franks-Official Hotdog
Puma-Official Sportswear

Best Buy-Official Team Sponsor. www.bestbuy.com Turn on the fun.

The King
06-06-2005, 08:36 AM
The War room in Denver has been quiet. The Brewsers have put an offer out to move down a few spots. Feeling they can get their man with a later pick. Still no sign of Jim Mora Sr.

The King
06-06-2005, 08:58 AM
The Golden Brewsers will be trading "The Bus" in for a "Cadillac". With Jerome Bettis in the late stages in his career we couldnt pass up the opportunity to bring Carnell Williams into our family. Williams is the kind of playmaker that can be successful without a great offensive line, he can flat out make things happen.

Jamaal Brown the OT from Oklahoma was #1 on the Brewsers board for weeks. Rumor has it GM Bedard pushed for Williams late last week, without the support of HC Jim Mora Sr. Our speculation is that with Stephen Jackson's 5 million dollar price tag, the GB's expect big things. If he doesnt perform, having Williams on the roster makes Jackson expendable.

R. Rich
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Jamaal Brown was your top choice? Really? He's okay, but I don't know if I'd take him that high in the first round. This group of OTs is not very solid this year, and I feel he's been overvalued because of that. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. After all, I could've sworn that the Saints were trading up ahead of KC so that they could draft Derrick Johnson in the actual NFL draft. Maybe Brown is just better than I think he is.

The King
06-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Jamaal Brown was your top choice? Really? He's okay, but I don't know if I'd take him that high in the first round. This group of OTs is not very solid this year, and I feel he's been overvalued because of that. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. After all, I could've sworn that the Saints were trading up ahead of KC so that they could draft Derrick Johnson in the actual NFL draft. Maybe Brown is just better than I think he is.

My O-Line is very questionable. It needs help. Ultimately I did feel #4 was too high to take him. But in a league like this sometimes needs are more important than value.

The King
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
There has been quite a bit of action in the Brewsers war room. The phone rang at about 10:45 and GM Bedard has been on the line ever since. We will keep you posted.

The King
06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Just Announced.

The LA Aztecs and The Golden Brewsers have reached a deal. Aztecs send their 17th overall pick to Denver for a 2nd, 3rd and 6th. I wonder what the Brewsers have in mind.

R. Rich
06-06-2005, 10:55 AM
They'd better have in mind to post the trade in the appropriate thread and to have it confirmed before making a pick.

The King
06-06-2005, 12:43 PM
With the 17th pick overall we select DT Travis Johnson FS.

We tried to put ourselves in position to address our Offensive Line but with Brown going just a few picks ahead we addressed our second biggest need, DT. We thought heavily into drafting Safety Thomas Davis but we simply dont need to draft a safety.

Having youth at DT will allow a smooth transition, when Spires decides to leave the game. The future of Stroud and Johnson is downright scary.

http://houstontexans.com/slideshowimages/johnson_slideshow042405_1.jpg

The King
06-07-2005, 08:28 AM
With the 4th pick in the 3rd round of the 2005 BZFL Rookie Draft, The Golden Brewsers of Denver select...... OJ Atogwe S Stanford.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/15/156441.jpg

While many will think we pulled the trigger early on OJ, this was a player we just had to have. GM Bedard did not believe OJ would be available with the final pick of the 4th round, so he got his man early. Atogwe is a versatile safety who is a born leader, he hits like Tebucky Jones and is effective in coverage. We believe his versatility will also allow him a few reps at LBer. OJ fits our scheme and team philosophy better than any of the safeties in this years draft. We are very excitied to add this young man to our roster.

The King
06-07-2005, 01:38 PM
you're on my list too! :mad:

Its been a quiet day in Denver. The Brewsers tried to move around early but with Adam Terry off the board they will stay put until the last pick of the day.

The King
06-09-2005, 07:04 AM
With the final pick of the 4th round The Golden Brewsers nabbed WR Courtney Roby WR from Indiana.

http://www.titansonline.com/slideshowimages/roby1.jpg

Too valuable to pass up this late in the draft. Courtney is a little undersized but will be a great #4 option at WR. With Troy Brown on the last leg of his career Roby will provide relief and continue to get better playing with the likes of Hines Ward and Santana Moss.

The King
06-09-2005, 07:10 AM
With the first pick in the 5th round the Golden Brewsers select... Calvin Armstrong OT from Wash State.

http://media.scout.com/media/college_football/46786_nick_calv_arms1.jpg

Going with a size matters mentality the Brewsers took the biggest tackle they could find a 6'7 311lb monster in Armstrong. We liked that Calvin played in a passing programs at Washington State and he will provide us with depth at a position in which we are a bit short. He also may be able to move inside and play at the guard position.

The King
06-09-2005, 07:51 AM
With the first pick in the 7th round the Golden Brewsers select.. DE Chauncey Davis FS.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NFMGHLFACDHK/roster_davisCh.jpg

Davis a teamate of 2st rounder Travis Johnson is only a one year starter, however he is aggressive on the end, and we do not need him to make an immediate impact. He attacks the offensive line like a rapid dog and we feel this tenacity could lead him into a starting lineup and suprise many.

The King
06-09-2005, 06:49 PM
With the final pick (The Buffalo's Ass Award) in the 2005 BZFL Rookie draft The Golden Brewsers select.... OT Adam Kieft Central Mich.

http://bengals.com/team/img/players/Kieft_Adam.jpg

Adam is another 6'7 monster at 337 lbs he is a roadblock. The Brewsers felt size at tackle was a priority Adams wing span is flat out un-matched he should protect Carr for years to come.

The King
06-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Official Press Release from Denver.

Head Coach Jim Mora Sr. is refreshed after attending a one week anger management course. He is happy with the Rookie draft results and looks foward to working with the future of the team.

He also announced that Phillip Rivers will start in the Brewsers first exhibition game vs. the Oklahoma Outlaws. "We really want to give Phillip every opportunity this preseason." Mora said. Stephen Jackson will play very little in the preseason opener and Teyo Johnson and Doug Jolley will battle it out to see who the starting TE will be.

Other Position Battles include....
CB2: Azumah vs. Spencer
DB5: Heard vs. Smith
WR4:Brown vs. Glenn
RG: Bober vs. Naoele
RDE: Brown vs. Green
LOLB:Ayodele vs. Thompson

We will keep you posted.

The King
06-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Press Conference Quotes from Coach Jim Mora Sr.

"Despite our Pre-season record I am very happy with our teams performance. We had a few guys who really stepped up for us and some suprises as well. As far as our position battles go Ronnie Heard has earned himself the Dimeback spot. Ronnie is a safety by nature, he has shown great awareness on the field and his tackling ability is superior to that of Smiths. Jarvis Green will be starting opposite Ogunleye as well. Courtney Brown has not shown the quickness we expected from him and is week against the run."

"We are excited to get the season underway, OC Phil Simms held back quite a bit in the pre-season keeping Stephen Jackson out of the lineup and playing a more conservative offense. We plan to come out strong using our WR packages to exploit secondaries that simply cannot match-up."

Michael82
06-25-2005, 10:20 AM
To quote Mora....:snicker:

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

Michael82
06-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Or here's another favorite of mine....

"We couldn't do diddley-poo offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We didn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked."

The King
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Quotes From The Golden Brewers 5th Quarter.
06/29/2005 33-13L

"You have to be kidding me!! A team built to stop the run, lets up close to 200 yards. I will be speaking with Coach Lebeau about the necessary personel changes we need to make to prevent this **** from happening again."

"David was a leader today, taking an uninspired offense and carrying them on his back, we wanted a strong downfield attack today and David gaves us all he had."

"Losing Stephen is not why we lost this game. Lets get that straight. We lost this game because our Defense sucked." -Jim Mora Sr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We just were not able to move the ball on the ground today, I thought our recievers did a great job spreading out the secondary, but we just were not able to taking advantage of that."

"I think the line did a good job today, they didnt have an easy job. I threw the ball close to 50 times, and for the most part I had time."

"Its important we look at the film and kind of start from ground zero again. Getting Stephen ready to go for next is key" -David Carr

R. Rich
06-29-2005, 12:04 PM

"You have to be kidding me!! A team built to stop the run, lets up close to 200 yards. I will be speaking with Coach Lebeau about the necessary personel changes we need to make to prevent this **** from happening again."

"David was a leader today, taking an uninspired offense and carrying them on his back, we wanted a strong downfield attack today and David gaves us all he had."

"Losing Stephen is not why we lost this game. Lets get that straight. We lost this game because our Defense sucked." -Jim Mora Sr.

"We just were not able to move the ball on the ground today, I thought our recievers did a great job spreading out the secondary, but we just were not able to taking advantage of that."

"I think the line did a good job today, they didnt have an easy job. I threw the ball close to 50 times, and for the most part I had time."

"Its important we look at the film and kind of start from ground zero again. Getting Stephen ready to go for next is key" -David Carr

I have a feeling I'm going to like the 5th quarter, thanks to Mora.

Michael82
06-29-2005, 12:14 PM

:rofl: I knew that I would enjoy your post game comments with Jim Mora as your HC.

The King
06-29-2005, 12:49 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/nfl/2001/0904/photo/s_mora_i.jpg
We lost this game because our Defense sucked." -Jim Mora Sr.

The King
06-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Website Announced!!!
The Golden Brewsers official site will launch on Tuesday July 5, 2005.

http://www.25affair.com/sitebuilder/images/banner-760x144.png

The King
07-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Press Release From Denver (http://www.25affair.com/gbweek1.html)

The King
07-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Website is up..... in a under-construction kind of way

Golden Brewsers (http://www.25affair.com/GoldenBrewsers)

Feedback Optional.

The King
07-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Week 2 5th Quarter

Jim Mora Sr.

Is there a reason you are not utilizing the ground attack?
"Its hard to run when you crapped your pants! We were down by 21 points in the first quarter."

Does the teams start have you disappointed?
"I don't know if disappointed is the right word. I would say I am pretty disgusted. We are a mess, we are weak at our strenghts and our weakness's are so bad I could puke."

How Do You prepare for LA after a loss like this?
"I don't know. I don't think things could be any worse right now. When you have to rebuild your gameplan every week it doesn't put you in the best position to win. The only way to get back on track is to win."

David Carr

What is going through your head when you are looking at the scoreboard and you're down by 21 in the first quarter?
"I don't know how much of a difference it makes. I want to get out there and win the game, thats how everyone in the locker room feels."

The offense has only scored one touchdown in each of your first two games. What could you be doing differently?
"That really isn't up to me. Thats up to Coach Mora and Coach Simms. I will just try to execute their game plan."

How important is it that you win next week?
"We have ourselves cornered already, another loss can cost us our season. Its a must win"

L.A. Playa
07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
How Do You prepare for Arizona after a loss like this?

Shouldn't you be preparing for the Playas ???

The King
07-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Any one check out the official site yet? Its a bit over the top I must admit but it gave me something to do when I was drunk the other night.

That Guy
07-11-2005, 09:33 AM
I like the site... that's pretty sweet actually. Nice job, it looks like you've already put a good amount of work into it.

L.A. Playa
07-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Good game MBB good luck the rest of the way except when we meet again

The King
07-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Quotes from the Golden Brewsers 5th Quarter Week 3.

"I am sick, its just disgusting"

"In ANY GIVEN SUNDAY Al Pacino said "Football is a game of inches". Well we carried the ball 30 times today and got about 5 of them."

"We run the ball like tinkerbell in a china shop, you can't be tip toeing around a football field"

"It's just a shame that we shut down and put the whole game on David's back. It isn't his fault."

"I think we had our first lead of the season today, it lasted about 5 minutes. Don't ask me about positives! Did you watch the game!? There are no positives!

-Jim Mora

"I turned the ball over too many times today, I need to put my team in a better position to win. When you give LA the ball 3 times, your just not going to come out on top."

"Our biggest concern is we need to win. I know we have a lot of guys hurt right now, they can't help us. They need to do whats necessary to rehab, but they need us to win to. Things are just magically going to get better we have to bust our butts, our season isn't done just yet."

"Its back to the drawing board, next week could be our week. I just don't know what else to tell you"

-David Carr

The King
07-27-2005, 06:36 PM
week 4 article has been posted www.25affair.com/GoldenBrewsers (http://www.25affair.com/GoldenBrewsers)

The King
08-03-2005, 06:58 AM
http://www.25affair.com/sitebuilder/images/week_5-558x233.jpg (http://www.25affair.com/GoldenBrewsers)

The King
08-04-2005, 06:46 AM
General Manager Mike Bedard has scheduled a press conference today at 1pmE.

Canadian'eh!
08-04-2005, 11:00 AM
General Manager Mike Bedard has scheduled a press conference today at 1pmE.
Uh-Oh. No 5th quarter? GM? Sounds like Mr. Mora may be in trouble.

The King
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
"Thank You for coming. Days like today are among the toughest days a General Manager can have. Its so often that football is talked about as a business it is often overlooked that relationships and friendships are too a part of this game. As some of you have already heard we have decided to part ways with running back Jerome Bettis. Through his short time here Jerome has been a tremendous leader, and has taught many of this teams younger players a great deal about condtioning and respect.

Jerome has been having difficulty fitting our scheme despite 110% effort. We mutually decided it was best to part ways. Thus giving Jerome a chance to catch on with another team. We wish him all the best and give our sincere thanks as an organization for all his efforts.

I will not be taking any questions at this time. Thank You"

The King
08-25-2005, 01:48 PM
The Golden Brewsers have scheduled a press conference for tommorow morning at 8AM. Tthis is the first time the organization is addressing the public since week 5 when Coach Mora denied the media the right to talk to the team.

Ebenezer
08-25-2005, 01:50 PM
The Golden Brewsers have scheduled a press conference for tommorow morning at 8AM. Tthis is the first time the organization is addressing the public since week 5 when Coach Mora denied the media the right to talk to the team.
ut-oh!

The King
08-26-2005, 09:19 AM
"Good Morning, It is my unfortunate task to report that Coach Mora will be out for the remainder of the season. Coach Mora is currently suffering from chronic migraines, and has been advised the stress from coaching will only pro-long the migraines. coach Mora is in the organizations thoughts and prayers. Assistant Coaches Phil Simms and Dick Lebeau will take over, I am very confident in both of them and they also have support from Coach Mora.

Its obvious the team has not performed as well as anticipated, but we are confident as a franchise that we have the right tools, we just have to mature as a team and get by these injuries.

There is still a lot of football to play and I am confident that this Brewsers team may still suprise a few people."

GM Mike Bedard

Canadian'eh!
08-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I still think they should have hired Herm Edwards to replace Mora. HELLO! YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN!

The King
09-21-2005, 09:17 AM
The Brewsers have assigned Terry Glenn to the Injured Reserve list, and Signed WR Patrick Crayton.

The King
10-25-2005, 11:49 AM
The Golden Brewsers have hired Jim Mora Jr as head coach. Bobby Taylor has been hired as OC and Dick Lebeau will remain on board as DC.

The King
12-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Golden Brewsers will hold an official press conference today at 11am.

The King
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
GM M. Bedard: First Off I would like to welcome everyone, and thank you for your support. It was a difficult season for us, but we have grew as an organization and as a team. We are looking foward to a much improved 2005 and with no further delay I would like to introduce to you our new Head Coach Jim Mora Jr.

Mora: Thank You, Mr. Bedard and the entire Golden Brewser organization for the opportunity to build upon the foundation my father built. We see this season as a big year for Denver. We have already begun to make the changes to prepare this team for the future. On Tuesday we traded WR Santana Moss to the LA Playas for CB Terrence McGee. Santana is a great player on the field and is a great leader in our locker room. We feel that Terry Glenn's emergence this year makes Santana expendable, and allows us to add depth to our defensive backfield, which was suspect last year. McGee also provides us with a weapon on special teams.

A this time I would also like to introduce our new Offensive Coodinator, Pat McPherson. Pat has been an assistant for the Denver Broncos for 8 seasons, most recently their QB Coach the last three. He has been instrumental in eliminating turnovers, and will help us forge the way to becoming a smashmouth football team.

GM M. Bedard: We will now take a few questions.

Jim St. Frank Denver Post: What is the teams biggest focus going into next season?

Mora: Winning. Its that simple. This team was never able to get going last year, all it takes is one win to get everyone on the same page.

Cassandra Hutch USA TODAY SPORTS: Whats the plan for David Carr this off-season? Will there be an open competition for the starting QB spot, since the aquisition of Matt Schaub?

Mora: David will be working very closely with Pat this off-season putting in some extra hours and learning the system. David takes a lot of heat from the media but we feel he has done very well. We really think our new system will allow David to be consistant and will take some of the pressure off his shoulders. Right now the job belongs to David, we really like Matt and think he has a great future in this league. At this point I dont think Dave has done anything to lose the job.

Thank You

The King
01-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Ogunleye asked to be traded.

The rumor in Denver this week is that star defensive end Adewale Ogunleye asked Coach Mora to be traded. It seems Ogun was unhappy with Defensive Coodinator Dick Lebeau, and did not like how he was utilized last season. GM M.Bedard wasted no time in dealing Ogunleye, as he was traded two days later to a familar location... LA. This is the second deal with the LA Playas in 2 weeks, this time the Golden Brewsers landed veteran DT John Thornton and LB Victor Hobson.

"We are very excited this week." Bedard said. "Is not everyday that you can bring in tow guys who can make an impact as soon as they step into the locker room. We feel fortunate to be able to do that today."

This move brings some concern to the table however, one must wonder what Denver's intent for rookie DT Travis Johnson is. With three months before the BZFL draft there will be plenty of time for speculation.

L.A. Playa
01-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Ogun had some interesting things to tell the Playas about Brewser management and they way they run their organization, all we know is he said, " I am happy to be with a winning and 1st class organization now."