I've been on record several times saying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I've been on record several times saying...

I've hated stripey form the beginning. I believe he made his first appearance around 1973. I hated him then, and I hate him now. The red helmet made it a little better, and making the logo bigger helped, but I've always been a white helmet, red standing buffalo kind of guy.

By the way, there is a kick ass desktop on BB.com with a big, red, standing buffalo.
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Yeah, me too....I am much in favor of the standing buffalo.

Remember how the Jets went to a alternate throwback several years ago....and it was so popular that it became their fulltime uni?

God I hope that happens here.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I wasnt young enough to see the white helmet and standing buffalo live.... but from what I have seen.. I like the throwbacks more than I like the current modern uni's.

I'd be open to having the white helmet as the primary uniform!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I'm with you, EE, but it may be an age thing.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

You mean, "old enough" ?

I like the red helmets, but I like the red standing Buffalo, too. There's no pleasing me!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Stripey sucks.

If they switched for good, I might actually be caught dead in Bills merchandise.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I think the Bills did a good job when they updated the logo. Its a diverse logo. Its 20 years old and still fits right in with all the modern teams logos. There are not many teams that have held their logos that long. With the exception of the fins and the Pack.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                I think the Bills did a good job when they updated the logo. Its a diverse logo. Its 20 years old and still fits right in with all the modern teams logos. There are not many teams that have held their logos that long. With the exception of the fins and the Pack.
                Agreed. I like the standing Buffalo logo on the white helmets and I'm glad they decided to use it with the throwbacks. But I think the current logo has a timeless quality- it doesn't look outdated like the Bears' logo but it doesn't look too modernized like the current Eagles and Titans logos.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jmb1099
                  • Sep 2004

I like both, but if I had to choose I'd choose the stripe. However, if the switch were made I wouldn't mind as long as they don't get stupid and change the uniform color scheme from red white and blue...a change like that would be sacrilege.

Comment

• Buckets
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    I've hated stripey form the beginning. I believe he made his first appearance around 1973. I hated him then, and I hate him now. The red helmet made it a little better, and making the logo bigger helped, but I've always been a white helmet, red standing buffalo kind of guy.

By the way, there is a kick ass desktop on BB.com with a big, red, standing buffalo.
                    I always thought the standing buffalo sucked. What kind of fear does a standing buffalo strike in the hearts of the oponent? How about a grazing buffalo for the logo it would match the play of the last few years? A solid red standing buffalo with no detail, come on.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                      Stripey sucks.

If they switched for good, I might actually be caught dead in Bills merchandise.
                      Check out the "throwback" stuff for sale at BB.com. I'm going to tell my kids to buy me ANYTHING from there. It's all cool. They even have a nice throwback mesh hat that you may like, log.

Originally posted by MBBedard

Negged.

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Agreed. I like the standing Buffalo logo on the white helmets and I'm glad they decided to use it with the throwbacks. But I think the current logo has a timeless quality- it doesn't look outdated like the Bears' logo but it doesn't look too modernized like the current Eagles and Titans logos.
                      Negged.
                      Originally posted by jmb1099
                      I like both, but if I had to choose I'd choose the stripe. However, if the switch were made I wouldn't mind as long as they don't get stupid and change the uniform color scheme from red white and blue...a change like that would be sacrilege.
                      Negged.

Originally posted by Buckets
                      I always thought the standing buffalo sucked. What kind of fear does a standing buffalo strike in the hearts of the oponent? How about a grazing buffalo for the logo it would match the play of the last few years? A solid red standing buffalo with no detail, come on.
                      Like stripey is real scary.

Negged.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                        • Dec 2004

I'm no old timer and I love the red standing buffalo look. I'm hoping we win the season opener by about 40 and then we stick with the uni for the rest of the season.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          Negged.

Good Argument
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                            WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                            • Mar 2003

Still no name on the generic ass looking uniform. Pathetic.
                            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
                            X