PDA

View Full Version : I've been on record several times saying...

Earthquake Enyart
06-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I've hated stripey form the beginning. I believe he made his first appearance around 1973. I hated him then, and I hate him now. The red helmet made it a little better, and making the logo bigger helped, but I've always been a white helmet, red standing buffalo kind of guy.

By the way, there is a kick ass desktop on BB.com with a big, red, standing buffalo. :up:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Yeah, me too....I am much in favor of the standing buffalo.

Remember how the Jets went to a alternate throwback several years ago....and it was so popular that it became their fulltime uni?

God I hope that happens here.

Pride
06-06-2005, 08:05 AM
I wasnt young enough to see the white helmet and standing buffalo live.... but from what I have seen.. I like the throwbacks more than I like the current modern uni's.

I'd be open to having the white helmet as the primary uniform!

Jan Reimers
06-06-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm with you, EE, but it may be an age thing.

mybills
06-06-2005, 08:12 AM
You mean, "old enough" ? :D

I like the red helmets, but I like the red standing Buffalo, too. There's no pleasing me! :D

lordofgun
06-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Stripey sucks.

If they switched for good, I might actually be caught dead in Bills merchandise.

The King
06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
I think the Bills did a good job when they updated the logo. Its a diverse logo. Its 20 years old and still fits right in with all the modern teams logos. There are not many teams that have held their logos that long. With the exception of the fins and the Pack.

OpIv37
06-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I think the Bills did a good job when they updated the logo. Its a diverse logo. Its 20 years old and still fits right in with all the modern teams logos. There are not many teams that have held their logos that long. With the exception of the fins and the Pack.

Agreed. I like the standing Buffalo logo on the white helmets and I'm glad they decided to use it with the throwbacks. But I think the current logo has a timeless quality- it doesn't look outdated like the Bears' logo but it doesn't look too modernized like the current Eagles and Titans logos.

jmb1099
06-06-2005, 09:06 AM
I like both, but if I had to choose I'd choose the stripe. However, if the switch were made I wouldn't mind as long as they don't get stupid and change the uniform color scheme from red white and blue...a change like that would be sacrilege.

Buckets
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
I've hated stripey form the beginning. I believe he made his first appearance around 1973. I hated him then, and I hate him now. The red helmet made it a little better, and making the logo bigger helped, but I've always been a white helmet, red standing buffalo kind of guy.

By the way, there is a kick ass desktop on BB.com with a big, red, standing buffalo. :up:

I always thought the standing buffalo sucked. What kind of fear does a standing buffalo strike in the hearts of the oponent? How about a grazing buffalo for the logo it would match the play of the last few years? A solid red standing buffalo with no detail, come on.

Earthquake Enyart
06-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Stripey sucks.

If they switched for good, I might actually be caught dead in Bills merchandise.

Check out the "throwback" stuff for sale at BB.com. I'm going to tell my kids to buy me ANYTHING from there. It's all cool. :up: They even have a nice throwback mesh hat that you may like, log.

Negged.

Agreed. I like the standing Buffalo logo on the white helmets and I'm glad they decided to use it with the throwbacks. But I think the current logo has a timeless quality- it doesn't look outdated like the Bears' logo but it doesn't look too modernized like the current Eagles and Titans logos.
Negged.

I like both, but if I had to choose I'd choose the stripe. However, if the switch were made I wouldn't mind as long as they don't get stupid and change the uniform color scheme from red white and blue...a change like that would be sacrilege.

Negged.

I always thought the standing buffalo sucked. What kind of fear does a standing buffalo strike in the hearts of the oponent? How about a grazing buffalo for the logo it would match the play of the last few years? A solid red standing buffalo with no detail, come on.

Like stripey is real scary. :rolleyes:

Negged.

TheBrownBear
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm no old timer and I love the red standing buffalo look. I'm hoping we win the season opener by about 40 and then we stick with the uni for the rest of the season.

The King
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Negged.

Good Argument

BuffaloRanger
06-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Still no name on the generic ass looking uniform. Pathetic.