PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Playas

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Oue newly named head coach Tupac Shakur has been busy filling out his staff.

RB Coach - Nelly
LB Coach- 50 Cent
Trainer - Dr Dre
WR Coach - The Game

Special Personal Assistant to the owner - Trina, Foxy Brown and Beyonce' Knowles

sponsors and athletic gear -PMAC Clothing
Pmac Records
Hypnotic
Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles
The Ivar
Fanta soft Drinks (I dated the red Fanta girl)
Yokonoma's Sushi

Promotions department and head of entertainment - New Edition

There will be more announcments throughout the week.

R. Rich
06-06-2005, 08:55 AM
What else would you expect from the Playas?

SABURZFAN
06-06-2005, 09:14 AM
What else would you expect from the Playas?

Vanilla Ice being the waterboy. :snicker:

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 12:38 PM
A fight broke out in the Playas war room and the Playas owner had to pull out his AK on Coach Shakur to calm the situation down, there has been a disagreement on which position to draft for in the Playas upcoming selection at last report Special Teams Coach Snoop Dogg was seen passing around some kind of funny cigarette to calm the situation and has seemed to work

R. Rich
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
"...y'all gon make me lose my mind
up in here
up in here
y'all gon make me go all out
up in here
up in here
y'all gon make me act a fool
up in here
up in here
y'all gon make me lose my cool
up in here
up in here..."

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 12:55 PM
The Playas are proud to announce that we have reached an agreement for sponsorship and to furnish our ho's i mean cheerleaders with outfits with Victoria Secrets, we also have added Remy to our sponsorship and Seagrams Gin (per our special teams coach) we will have specials on Gin & Juice at all concessions. Our security we be provided by the LAPD, they said with the staff we have they better have extra forces out for home games, they owner of the Playas was overheard telling them what they could do with their protection and that extra video camera's will be added throughout the stadium to monitor the LAPD.

Canadian'eh!
06-06-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm starting to think the Playa's might have been a better fit in the XFL.

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm starting to think the Playa's might have been a better fit in the XFL.

We dont like Canadians LOL JK

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
The Playas are happy to add to the orginization today as we add LL Cool J as our Strength and conditioning coach, Flavor Flav as our hype man, and Chuck D as our DB coach

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Having such a late round first round pick we dreamed of drafting Carlos Rogers, whom we rated as the top DB in the draft, and considered giving up the house to move up to get him. The whole organization is thrilled to welcome Carlos to the team and we cracked open a bottle of Hypnotiq when he fell to us and ran the pick up to the podium. Also, our owner has been active moving up and down and all over the place in this draft and we are thrilled to have 7 pick in the top 99 and right where we believed the value was time to get back to work on our next pick more updates later .

R. Rich
06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Why do you want so many picks in the rookie draft anyway? I traded up so that I could unload a couple picks and still get a quality player. I may try to to the same to move up again.

BTW, getting Rogers after 21 picks is nice! Like I said in my post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1040500&postcount=8) about Derrick Johnson, I thought he was the best CB in the draft as well.

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Why do you want so many picks in the rookie draft anyway? I traded up so that I could unload a couple picks and still get a quality player. I may try to to the same to move up again.

BTW, getting Rogers after 21 picks is nice! Like I said in my post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1040500&postcount=8) about Derrick Johnson, I thought he was the best CB in the draft as well.

My feeling is with 7 picks in the top 99 that gives some inexpensive depth players next year so if we protect 35 players on this years roster and keep all 7 rookies that leaves me with only 11 players to have to sign during FA next year and being in great cap shape allows me to fill holes either with this draft or next years FA Draft

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Plus with Rogers Gregg Williams is a great DC and he should have a great year in that defense

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
We thank 50 for bringin in some women to entertain us through this process but get them outta here now so we can discuss this pick, looks like we are heading unprepared into our next pick

L.A. Playa
06-06-2005, 06:09 PM
The Playas are very happy with the first day of the draft, in their opinion to get a top 5 pick in Carlos Rogers at #22 was a huge steal then to follow that up with a player Odell Thurman who we feel is gonna have a great career and we targeted the moment we drafted Landon Johnson in the stocking draft was the icing on the cake, we are very pleased with our new Playas and our succesful first day of our draft

L.A. Playa
06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Going into the draft alot of people criticized the Playas defense with no 1st rounder getting 3 defensive studs in a draft without alot of superstars has the Playa camp ready to party, and we know how to party!!!!

L.A. Playa
06-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Playas war room has started stirring again, with 2 of the next 6 picks they are preparing quickly, the owner of the Playas was quoted as to saying "We are done trading today", as he sipped on some Hypnotiq to celebrate what he thinks is an outstanding draft.

L.A. Playa
06-07-2005, 03:09 PM
The Playas are thrilled we feel we have upgraded our defense and added a offensive speed weapon for Daunte Culpepper, we are glad we are done for the day we will party and get ready for tommorrow where we have 4 more picks.

L.A. Playa
06-08-2005, 01:16 PM
The Playas are happy the draft is over and very pleased with the results we welcome our 9 new Playas

2A Carlos Rogers, CB
2B Odell Thurman, MLB
3 Mike Patterson, DT
4A Justin Tuck, DE
4B Jerome Mathis, WR
5A Nick Collins, S
5B Brandon Jones, WR
5C Robert McCune, LB
6 Adrian McPherson, QB

L.A. Playa
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
An exlusive inside the thinking of the Playas management. Honestly, we didnt think much about the draft, other than we didnt want to be in the first rd when we saw our #19 slot, until Sunday night. When we started researching players in the area where we where drafting we basically knew we needed to upgrade some defense positions. In particular MLB so since we had Landon Johnson who maybe beat out at MLB for the Bengals we targeted Odell Thurman with our extra late 2nd Rd pick as insurance if he beats Landon out, and he is a good player. Our 1st 2nd rd pick we targeted Alex Barron OT, but when Carlos Rogers fell to us that was a no brainer, instant upgraded secondary. The rest of our draft we wanted to get players who have a good chance at significant playing time at positions we may need next year. Though we may have reached at some points, we made some smart trades and aquired enough picks to get who we wanted. Now we can protect up to 44 players at the end of the year and if we want need only 9 players in FA, this gives us cap flexibility and a very competitive team in our minds for the first few years of the league. We either have done a great job or will have alot of egg on our faces at the end of the year anyway we will have fun, alot of Hypnotiq and alot of women over the next year LOL JK

L.A. Playa
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
The Playas have hired R. Kelly today to be in charge of scouting for the Jr Playas Cheerleaders. "He really has an eye for young talent!", the Playas owner was quoted saying. Part of the agreement was Kelly collaborating with WR coach The Game on the Playas entrance song.

L.A. Playa
06-10-2005, 04:23 PM
The Playa scouting Dept takes great pride in this article and will take its bow now

Judging from the verbal bouquets being tossed around by Marvin Lewis, it appears second-round draft choice Odell Thurman will be the Cincinnati Bengals' fourth different starting middle linebacker on opening day in the last four years. He'll also be the fifth different starting MLB overall – Kevin Hardy all of 2003, then Nate Webster, Caleb Miller and Landon Johnson in 2004 – under Lewis' stewardship. Lewis said this week he will be surprised if Thurman and former Georgia teammate and first-round pick David Pollack aren't in the Bengals' opening day lineup at two of the linebacker spots.

The sudden ascension of Thurman, who might actually be further along the learning curve than Pollack (who is making the transition from college defensive end), should not be that surprising. Most scouts felt Thurman possessed some of the top pure football skills in the 2005 draft class and he always played with great instinct and intensity. But the reality is that most teams do not invest first-round choices on middle linebackers, and that Thurman's off-field problems at Georgia probably conspired to keep him out of the top round. Still, plenty of personnel people realized that, in terms of a terrific football player, the Bengals got a steal by grabbing Thurman with the 48th overall selection. Lewis' flattering words about Thurman this week only confirmed that.

The new defense installed by first-year coordinator Chuck Bresnahan is similar to the one in which Thurman played at Georgia, and that, too, has helped. It doesn't hurt, either, that Thurman has an undeniable presence and an air of confidence. The unsolicited concession by Lewis that Pollack and Thurman likely will be starters is further indication that he is anything but reluctant to use young players. And why not? In Lewis' first two seasons, the Cincinnati defense statically ranked 28th (in 2003) and 19th (in 2004) overall, and 25th and 26th versus the run, respectively. Sometimes you're just better off putting kids on the field and allowing them to grow, even if it means an aggressive mistake, right?

L.A. Playa
06-11-2005, 01:39 AM
introducing your Los ANgeles Playas http://hiphophavoc.webhost4life.com/play.php?mid=548