X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Lee Provides Quality Depth at RB

With the roster turnover of today's NFL players are no longer surprised when they're left looking for a job. That was the case for Bills new running back ReShard Lee who was released by the Dallas Cowboys on May 3. Ironically Dallas found him expendable after signing free agent running back Anthony Thomas who made a free agent visit to Buffalo in late April.

Lee wasn't out of work for long as the Bills signed him less than two weeks later.

The second-year back wasn't interested in hopping on the free agent carousel and making visit after visit with different NFL teams.
    ..more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I am very interested to see what Lee brings to the table. I hope we have someone that can help him with his pass protection....I believe that the guy must have the ability to do it if someone spends some time with him.

That has me thinking.....who is the RB who was the best in pass protection in your memory? Would be a good investment I think to bring a guy in, during training camp, to work with RB's on pass protection. Just as a consultant or whatever. Not with the team all year, but I think with the youth we have at RB and somewhat questionable oline, it might make a world of difference.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• kbeath
      • May 2005

LEE Quality depth he couldnt even get ahead of Eddie George who is absolute garbage. Lee is no quality depth he would be a terrible starter in case of injury. I think the Bills should have gone after someone else there are lots of solid back ups. He is good on 3rd downs and I believe he can kick return. You all better hope WM stays healthy cause you all are slim at RB. I know you have TH but we dont know where that is going or if he will play tough on a team he doesnt want to be on. I am not saying that he will try to play hard but I have been at jobs i didnt like and my preformance showed.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kbeath
        LEE Quality depth he couldnt even get ahead of Eddie George who is absolute garbage. Lee is no quality depth he would be a terrible starter in case of injury. I think the Bills should have gone after someone else there are lots of solid back ups. He is good on 3rd downs and I believe he can kick return. You all better hope WM stays healthy cause you all are slim at RB. I know you have TH but we dont know where that is going or if he will play tough on a team he doesnt want to be on. I am not saying that he will try to play hard but I have been at jobs i didnt like and my preformance showed.
        All the Dallas fans I talked to said they were sad to see him go. They thought he was a very good runner who lacked some of the other skills. He's coming up on his third year, so he's a youngster. Very often, pass protection is the last thing a RB develops. Eddie George had a great career and is hardly garbage as a back-up. He's a smart, seasoned veteran who knows how to play the game.

Resume lurking.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Yeah. Shaud Williams will provide good depth too.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kbeath
            I think you're awfully hard on Lee. Blocking and catching passes are techniques that can be taught. Power cannot be taught. Right now, Lee has what we need in terms of not having to change a game plan if WM goes down. Lee would just fit right in. Yes, he's not as quick or powerful, but nevertheless, fits the same mold. Besides, we also have FBs that can be used for blocking. Both Damien and this new guy Goldberry revel in blocking and pancaking someone - which is exactly the attitude you want your FB to have. But most of the time we are going to be running the ball anyway, so more than anything, what we really need is our Road Graters on the O-line to perform and make holes...

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
              • Mar 2005

It's rumored that Lee is totally incapable of blocking. Just can't do it. I think a lot of us get overly excited about these "after thought" FA pick ups: Can you say: Jason Gildon? There's many more on the list but he's the first one that came to mind.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

Working...
              X