PDA

View Full Version : Bills Truth #1:

WG
12-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Our best chances for winning are best when the ball is in Bledsoe's hands.

T or F? You decide!

ATT W/L

53 L
51 L
49 W
45 L
41 L
39 L
36 W
36 W
36 L
33 W
33 L
33 W
31 W
27 W

WG
12-20-2002, 07:18 PM
The team plays better as a result of Drew passing more.

T or F? You decide!

ATT PA

53 49
51 27
49 39
45 38
41 28
39 37
36 27
36 17
36 17
33 24
33 31
33 13
31 10
27 21

WG
12-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Bledsoe needs time to gel and build chemistry.

T or F? You decide!

If this were true, then we could have expected troubles at the onset of the season. Instead, he played very well in the first 6 games before tapering off his play to a very average, and that's being kind, level. His QB Rating has gone from 1st in the league after the first couple of weeks to 11th and has steadily dropped ever since.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team has improved from the OL, to Henry, to the Defense!

Drew's first 6 games QB Rating:

Drew's last 8 games QB Rating:

4thAndLong
12-20-2002, 07:26 PM
http://www.sigmakers.co.uk/images/smilies/icon_spam.gif

:jk:

WG
12-20-2002, 07:39 PM
The team around him is not playing very well.

T or F? You decide?

Henry has had 972 of his 1312 yards over the last 9 games for a 108 YPG average.

The OL has improved as the season has gone on. It is playing at an above average level easily.

6 of the 11 starting players for the Bills have made the Pro Bowl. It will never get any better than that!

The defense has only played poorly when Drew has had the most attempts. 36 PPG in the 6 games of Drew's most attempts.

The defense has given up only 19.8 PPG in the 5 games in which Drew has thrown for the least number of attempts.

In the 7 games in which Henry's carried the ball the most times, the team has allowed an average of less than 20 PPG.

WG
12-20-2002, 08:12 PM
The Bills have been behind in games thus forcing Gilbride/Bledsoe to throw.

T or F? You decide!

In game 1 v. the Jets, Bledsoe put up 39 attempts in spite of his not having a great day and Henry having a stellar day w/ 149 yards on 4.8 YPC and 3 TDs. The Bills never trailed in that game by more than 4 points in the 1st half and led for 75% of the half. The Bills never trailed by more than 7 in the 2nd half and led for some of it.

In game 2 v. the Vikes, Bledsoe dropped back to pass 52 times to Henry's 12 rushing attempts. The Bills never trailed by more than 7 pts. in the 1st half and led for some of it. The Bills trailed by 7 points for :40 in the 2nd half. Other than that, their greatest deficit was only 3 points and they led for much of the 2nd half.

In game 5 v. Oakland, the Bills never trailed by more than 7 in the first half and was tied at three times and tied at the half. Henry had only 5 carries in the first half. Buffalo led by 3 for about half of the 3rd Q and never trailed by more than 4 points in the 3rd Q. They led after 3 Qs by 3. The lead only went to 11 when Drew threw an INT to Buchanon for a TD return midway through the 4th Q. Bledsoe then was sacked twice and overthrew Moulds on 3rd down to give the ball back to Oakland to seal the game late in the 4th.

In game 1 v. the Pats, the Bills only trailed by 10 at the half while Drew on the merits of dropping back to pass 49 times that game vice Henry's 11 carries, could not manage to help the Bills to more than 7 points all game long. If the Bills were far behind in this one, it was due to the offense's inability to generate any points. Since all the Bills were doing was throwing for the most part, the onus for that has to fall onto Drew.

In game 2 v. the Pats, the Bills only trailed by 10 points until Drew threw an INT to a DT to set the Pats up for a TD at our own 6 YL. That made the lead 17 and on the very next drive Drew threw another INT in the red zone off of which the Pats scored another FG to increase their lead to 20. So yes, the Bills were trailing, but only b/c of Drew's errors and his inability to lead the team to any points at all until a FG midway through the 3rd Q. Drew dropped back to pass 53 times to Henry's 15 carries. That's 78% passing.

Since that line of reasoning only applies in games in which Drew had lots of attempts, games w/ 36 or fewer attempts were not qualified. If those three games are counted, the Bills trailed only briefly by 7 for 2 minutes out of 60 in the Lions game. The Bills never trailed at all in the Bears game. In the K.C. game, the lead was never more than 7 points either way and the Bills led off and on for approximately half of the game. The Bills led from halftime through to 4:53 remaining in the 4th Q.

Don Cherry
12-20-2002, 08:14 PM
He's gonna do this all night......:rolleyes:

Don't you have X-mas shopping to do? :D

WG
12-20-2002, 08:15 PM
The Bills do worse when Drew throws the ball more.

The team is 1-5 in the 6 games that Drew has thrown the ball the most.

6 games of Drew's most attempts:

ATT W/L

53 L
51 L
49 W
45 L
41 L
39 L

WG
12-20-2002, 08:16 PM
The more carries Henry gets, the better the Bills do.

ATT W/L

35 W
31 L
28 W
24 L
22 W
22 W
19 W

WG
12-20-2002, 08:20 PM
The more carries that Henry gets, the better the D performs.

ATT PA

35 21
31 37
28 24
24 17
22 10
22 13
19 17

PA = 19.9 PPG; the team allowed 239 points in those 7 games.

The fewer carries he gets, the worse the D performs.

ATT PA

17 31
15 49
15 27
12 39
12 28
12 27
11 38

PA = 34.1 PPG; the team allowed 139 points in those 7 games.

WG
12-20-2002, 08:25 PM
The defense has improved during the course of this season.

In the first 5 games, the team has allowed:

PA

or 36.0 PPG

In the last 8 games, the team has allowed:

PA

or 21.8 PPG

Pistol GB
12-20-2002, 08:40 PM
Wow. You guys pass a lot.

I've always liked Bledsoe, but if I were you, I'd hope they run it against the Packers this Sunday. Our run defense is highly suspect and ranked near the bottom, but the secondary is pretty good.

I don't know about in general, but this Sunday Henry's your best bet.

The_Philster
12-20-2002, 08:42 PM
We've been saying the same thing all season, Pistol GB :lol:

DIHARD2
12-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Wys, how many balls were dropped during these games that were right in the hands of the receivers? I'm interested in those stats also, they too would show a different picture from what you are saying.

That's right, they don't keep stats on that. In order to have a complete picture of each game you have to see how many times third and long were not converted because of receiver mistakes.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Mr. Miyagi
12-20-2002, 09:15 PM
Wys I think your stats are biased and mean nothing.

Here are Brady's stats:

ATT W/L
43 W
35 W
54 W
53 L
31 L
44 L
29 L
26 W
55 W
30 L
34 W
30 W
27 W
29 L

Oh, how about Peyton Manning? He sucks too doesn't he???

ATT W/L
31 W
45 L
28 W
34 W
40 W
48 L
32 L
50 L
23 W
38 W
44 W
28 W
42 L
34 W

What actually happens is when a team falls behind early and deeply, the QB HAS to throw the ball more to try to play catchup. That's why most of those losses show high pass attempts. If you're winning early or at least playing close, you don't have to throw every down. I'll bet you will see similar stats in every QB.

Do not so bias against Bledsoe. Would you rather have Rob Johnson back???

Mr. Miyagi
12-20-2002, 09:21 PM
He throws when his OC tells him to throw. If you have to blame anyone for him throwing too much, blame Gilbride.

Mr. Miyagi
12-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Don Cherry
Don't you have X-mas shopping to do? :D
Scrooge has no one to shop for.

WCoastFin
12-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Damn...you were better off with a Qb who can hand the ball off alot better.

ublinkwescore
12-20-2002, 10:34 PM
That still doesn't mean that they're being used the way that they should.

BillsMan80
12-20-2002, 11:11 PM
That means that our coaches are starting to maximize our defensive talent, but watch that total rise with Watson back in.

Kicker22705
12-21-2002, 12:06 AM
well doesn't that normally go hand in hand. Usually when your running backs have less carriers, its usually because youre team is behind.

Novacane
12-21-2002, 12:06 AM
The Turnovers sure have not improved...........

clumping platelets
12-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Watson?

:wail:

clumping platelets
12-21-2002, 12:43 AM
Isn't it possible that early deficits neccesitated passing more than running?

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-21-2002, 01:37 AM
Diss Wys all you want but he's right

mackey789
12-21-2002, 01:40 AM
this post is pointless

mackey789
12-21-2002, 01:49 AM
and you notice his attempts going down and henry's carries going up.....we are becoming more balanced my friend. I thought you were all about wins rather than stats. But if we have high stats but fail to win, you say stats mean nothing. Weird

lunatic_bills_fan
12-21-2002, 04:38 AM
Its just too bad, that guys are starting to shy away from this board because of the crap that he posts day in and day out. Wys you insult a lot of people's football smarts. You've been posting the exact same stats for 2+ months now. I come on this board to check out any news around the league and every now and then get a good laugh outta WCF, but it seems all Im seeing lately is posts on how bad our QB problems are. People know what your opinion is Wys, you dont have to reassure us with the same old numbers every day. The fact of the matter is this team is on the verge of one the the biggest turn-around seasons ever, and there is know way Travis Henry is gettin all the credit for that.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-21-2002, 04:43 AM
Wouldnt expect a reply on that one BFSIW.

Typ0
12-21-2002, 05:31 AM
Don't waste your breath BFSIW he will just dig through his pile of bs stats and find a play where they ran a running play when they were in the lead and declare your agruement false. It's really a waste of breath.

Ð
12-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Bingo, lunatic...

Mr. Miyagi
12-21-2002, 09:33 AM
I know :rolleyes:

WG
12-21-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc

Here are Brady's stats:

ATT W/L
43 W
35 W
54 W
53 L
31 L
44 L
29 L
26 W
55 W
30 L
34 W
30 W
27 W
29 L

Oh, how about Peyton Manning? He sucks too doesn't he???

ATT W/L
31 W
45 L
28 W
34 W
40 W
48 L
32 L
50 L
23 W
38 W
44 W
28 W
42 L
34 W

What actually happens is when a team falls behind early and deeply, the QB HAS to throw the ball more to try to play catchup. That's why most of those losses show high pass attempts. If you're winning early or at least playing close, you don't have to throw every down. I'll bet you will see similar stats in every QB.

:lol:

OK then. So your counter argument is that in the 6 games in which Brady's had the most attempts, the Pats are 4-2!

Alright, given that I'd rather have Brady then over Drew. And your point was...

BTW, everyone laughed at me at the beginning of the season when I suggested that Brady may very well have a better year than Drew. Of course none of those who laughed would dare admit it. ;)

As to Manning, he's 2-4 in the 6 games in which he's thrown the most passes. So what? I've never ever thought Manning was anything other than a Drew-like pocket passer who needed stellar running and an excellent OL.

Besides, as if this answers the question at all. Time for some reading comp lessens! :D

The last I heard, neither the Colts or Pats were bragging about how their best chances for success is when their two QBs throw the ball the most. As a matter of fact, that simple notion that throwing the ball anymore is better for anyone is a very rare statement indeed in the NFL. The whole world knows it's better to run than to pass if you have the option. We do! We haven't!

Again, and apparently since you missed it, your odds for victory do not increase w/ more attempts by your QB. That's pretty much a rule in the NFL. Except in Buffalo of course!

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 10:29 AM
wys does not want Rob back. He wants to see what Travis Brown can do!

WG
12-21-2002, 10:29 AM
I am all about wins mackey. We agree there. That's my point all along. But the truth is that we have won more games on the merits of running the ball. In other games the coaching staff, whomever, Gilbride presumably, has neglected intentionally the rushing game in favor of getting more passes for Drew. That much is clear and indisputable barring arguing the point w/ no facts.

This last S.D. game was very clearly indicative of what's been going on all season long. In the S.D. game, the Bills chose to pass 7 times on 2nd-and-2 once, 2nd-and-3 three times, and 3rd-and-3 three times!

WHY?

The only reason why we were in this game until the end is due to the D holding S.D. to only 13 points. If this had been any other game, then we would have lost b/c we would not have been able to run in the last couple of minutes for a win.

But again, and do not let this point escape you, Gilbride, again presumably him, made Drew drop back to throw 35 times resulting in 11 receptions and 2 sacks and barely over 100 yards passing. Every single one of those 7 plays mentioned above should have been a run resulting in 7 more carries for Henry and 7 less throws for Drew.

So why does this team insist on passing even when it makes the least amount of sense?

I just don't get it. If anything, Drew almost lost that game for us.

It's simple. We do better when Henry gets more carries and has better games. Apparently, unless we absolutely deny the facts, the D steps up and plays better too! Perhaps partly due to less time on the field, but for whatever reason(s), they do, and that's a fact.

So again, why does Gilbride keep going to Drew first? And he does witness most of our last bunch of games. It seems like they only go to Henry more, like on the last game-winning drive where he got 7 out of 10 plays for the win, when it's so blatantly apparent that the passing game cannot possibly win it for us and when there's still time and the score is low enough so that we can still win by running.

Instead of 35 dropbacks for Drew and 24 carries for Henry, we would have been much better off in this game had we given Henry 35 carries and Drew only 20-24 dropbacks. Until that strategy fails, then I would highly suggest it is what is going to win games for this team.

Others keep ridiculing me, but I gotta tell ya, I'm only responding to this blind loyalty and euphoria for Drew and the statements supporting it. All I've done is to take a look at whether or not those simple and one-dimensional "rah-rah go Drew" statements are actually true. They aren't for the most part and people are attacking me personally as the reasons why they disagree.

It is funny! That much I will say.

This team will figure it out! Let's just hope that it doesn't waste next season as well. B/c we would have won the division if we had adopted this strategy earlier on this year.

You just criticized me by implying that I'm more about stats than wins when in fact, I'm using stats, and other things as well, to point out that we are not in fact doing all that we can to win. Do you really think that I prefer to not let Drew "do his thing" if it's winning games? Come on now! That's exactly why I'm upset by it. Because it isn't winning games. If it were, then I'd bey very happy if we had won the division and made the playoffs!

WG
12-21-2002, 10:32 AM
I know DH, it's never Drew's fault like when he takes one of his patented RJ-type sacks to completely take us out of FG range or to end a drive. Or how he never overthrows or underthrows his WRs. Do they keep stats on that?

Bottom line then, I'll register you for not thinking this team has any talent around him then. ;)

WG
12-21-2002, 10:40 AM
It's possible. But when you look at it and break it down as I've documented in several places now, you'll see that in spite of people saying that, it simply isn't true unless less than 7 points in the 2nd or 3rd Q qualifies.

It does stand to reason on an initial look. But upon a closer and more detailed look, it isn't true. There were a couple of games like the 2 N.E. games and the Raider game. But in the Raider game, it was a back-and-forth all game long until Drew put them up by 11 w/ that INT to Buchanon. So if in fact we were down, then it was because of Drew and not in spite of him.

We can't say that we were forced to pass b/c our QB allowed the other team to get way ahead of us and then dismiss the QB for any and all blame and then turn around and pin it on the D when they had played just as well as the Raider D. BTW, on the following drive of that KO, Drew was sacked twice consecutively on 1st and 2nd downs and then overthrew Moulds resulting in a punt to ice the game for the Raiders.

In the N.E. games, we never even tried to establish any sort of running game. So if we were down, then it was b/c Drew and the passing game couldn't put up more than 7 points all game long. Can't blame Henry or the D when Drew puts up 4 INTs, can we?

In the other N.E. game, sure, we were down by 20. But, again, it was Drew's INTs that put N.E. up by 20. Prior to that it was only 10. 17 of N.E.'s 27 came off of our passing game TOs.

Again, how can we not blame Drew at least partially for that? Specifically for that INT to Seymour which virtually handed the Pats a TD and a 17 point lead?

Other than those three games, huge leads were not a factor.

Back to you:

Isn't it quite possible that Gilbride and/or Drew (by audibling) and/or Williams (if you don't think the O.C. does much) are responsible for throwing way more than they should and somehow truly believing that we should throw the ball w/ Drew more?

IMO that's exactly what's happening!

WG
12-21-2002, 10:41 AM
Naturally! ;)

And it's also never used in the analysis of other teams, right?

When their RB gets the carries, they do better!

I guess it's just too difficult to say, "Wow, that is interesting!" and then go research it for yourself. It's much easier to say "Go Drew! He's my hero!", eh? :D

WG
12-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Does anyone think that there's any correlation with the fact that in the games where the D has performed the best, Henry's run the best?

4thAndLong
12-21-2002, 10:46 AM
Since when is allowing 27, 31 and 38 points called good?

WG
12-21-2002, 10:48 AM
Good rushing and good D go hand-in-hand more than Good passing and good D. That's a proven NFL maxim.

As to the implication that Henry has gotten less carries b/c the team was behind such that throwing was the only realistic option, yes, often that is the case. But not this year for us. If you look at the games, you'll see that the majority of games in which Henry had fewer than 17 carries the team was not behind by such an amount. Usually only 3, 4, or 7 if even behind at all. In many cases the Bills led for much or even most of the games.

Look at the S.D. game. Henry only had 17 carries prior to that last drive and we were never in a situation that warranted Drew dropping back to throw 32 times to Henry's 17 carries. Actually, it made little to no sense.

Instead, I think the coaches are simply opting to pass Drew than to try and establish a rushing game. The facts speak to that.

DIHARD2
12-21-2002, 10:52 AM
The fact is stats mean squat. Wasn't it stats the reason you wanted to keep RJ? There's more to this picture then simple numbers on a page, their human mistakes on all parties involved. All I see is a veteran quarterback working with a rookie team.

Next year when all the parts are in place, is when you'll be able be to tell, if the Bledsoe was or wasn't a good deal.

Just as blaming all the play calling problems on the OC. Bledsoe has a lot to say in n what play is played, he audibles in a lot of plays.

The point is, there is enough blame to go around.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

WG
12-21-2002, 10:55 AM
So what is this?

Tow the "party-line" or leave?

Just checking.

All I'm doing is posting facts there fellas. I'm not insulting anyone. If you think I am, then send me a PM and specifically point out where and just make sure that it's not someone like Judge who throws up half a dozen insults and then cries foul when one half-humorous one comes back his way.

No. I think why some are upset, and BFSIW, you are a good example of this if you simply reread this thread and others, is that you don't want to accept a fact that was posted so you get personal with me. I never directed this towards you or anyone else personally. Yet, read your post(s).

Did you refute the stated facts/arguments? No, not with any real arguments or data to suggest otherwise!

Is this post rude? Only if you take it personally, but all I'm doing is attacking statements directed at me and pointing out some slight hypocrisies. I'm really sorry if it upsets you or others, but hey, if I can't simply post some facts then I certainly don't think that translates to insulting others and chasing them away.

If this is supposed to be "BledsoeZone.com" then someone please tell me!

In the meantime, facts are facts, truth is truth. All I did was lay out some true yet simple facts/truths. No?

So why you getting so upset?

Gotta be b/c you seem to like Drew so much that the reality surrounding him gets ingnored, eh.

Butch
12-21-2002, 10:58 AM
The point of this is? Everyone knows you win championships with a good defense and a good running game. This isn't a new idea you are coming up with. That's why the Chargers of the early 80's and the Oilers of the late 80's early 90's never made a Super Bowl.

Butch
12-21-2002, 11:01 AM
You mean the better we run the ball and control the clock, the better our defense plays? Wow, that's amazing.

Since we are all sharing our own bits of knowledge I have one for everybody. If you buy things on sale, you save more money.

Butch
12-21-2002, 11:05 AM
I am going to go out on a huge limb here, but I think John Elway and Joe Montana had a losing record if they had to throw more than 45 times a game.

WG
12-21-2002, 11:12 AM
In the meantime, as to the situation, I think it's a complete and utter disservice and slap in the face to Henry who has improved his game to helping this team win more games and to go from a middle-of-the-stack RB to the 4th leading rusher in the NFL in spite of not being given the nod in over half of our games over Drew, a QB who has falled from 1st to 11th in rating, from 1st to tied for 5th in TDs, is 16th in percentage and falling, has allowed fewer sacks than only David Carr, a rookie w/ no OL, and a QB who is 10 TDs shy of breaking Kelly's TD/season record in spite of having better WRs and already well over the yards Kelly threw for in that season.

Meanwhile, while being denied opportunities to carry the ball more, Travis Henry has become the 4th leading rusher in the league, 5th in YPA, is 3 TDs shy of tying the Bill's rushing TD/season record in spite of being there by more than 500 yards shy of OJ's rushing total at the moment. A RB whom when he gets 19 or more carries the team is 5-2 w/ the fault of the two losses being A) not enough use of him and B) too much of Bledsoe! 7-0 otherwise!

I think that Henry is the MVP of this season in spite of all the unsubstantiated hoopla over Drew.

Besides, if Drew is really as good as everyone says, then how come he's never had more than 30 TDs?

I know, I know. He hasn't had the talent in N.E. Well, he sure had it this year and he's indanger of not even meeting his two best, and only decent season totals, from over there. Go figure!

On top of that, if he's all that great, then how come he had 20 or fewer TDs in 6 seasons over there.

This team's success has coincided with Henry's rushing well. The D has played better as is to be expected to a degree. Wins have come much more easily than when Drew throws for tons of yards/attempts. The team just hasn't won the games when the onus has been placed on Drew much like it was in N.E. Believe that or don't, but that's what history and this season suggest no ifs, ands, or buts.

He deserves the MVP!

WG
12-21-2002, 11:15 AM
Yeah Butch. How come the coaches can't seem to figure that one out, eh! That's been my beef since game 6 or 7 now.

Gilbride in particular. Unless you think that Drew's audibling us out of all of our rushing plays that is...

Butch
12-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Why don't we compare apples to apples and compare the first 7 games to the last 7 games? Don't manipulate the stats and compare the first 5 to the last 8 because in games 7 and 8 our defense gave up 10 and 17 points.

During our first 7 games our D gave up 30.6 ppg
During our last 7 games our D gave up 23.4 ppg

An improvement, yes, but not as dramatic as you make it out to be.

mackey789
12-21-2002, 11:19 AM
unlike other offenses, we use the pass to set up the run, as opposed to the run setting up the pass. With our threat of a passing attack, defenses are forced to put another DB out there on a reciever, as opposed to stunting against the run. I feel that by passing 30 times a game, it opens up the running attack for henry. You make a lot of valid points but dont you think this is true? We are fortunate to have a good passing attack and a good running attack.....not too many teams can say the same thing. If drew has a bad day, henry picks the team up, and vice versa.

WG
12-21-2002, 11:23 AM
I'll disagree w/ ya there! Nonetheless, ...

...I'll bet that when games were close as they've been all season, that their respective teams ran the ball instead of letting them throw it for 40-some attempts and not giving Craig and Terrell Davis etal. the ball to run instead for 25-30 carries.

As a matter of fact, go look at Elway's attempts. They're no where near what Drew has.

This entire thing about records for yards and attempts; that's like rating a boxer for "punches thrown" w/o any regard to how many landed or where they landed. It's silly.

If a MLB batter had a record for "at-bats" but only had a career .217, who cares. Yet, that's exactly the way Bledsoe gets measured. He can throw for twice the yards of any other QB and put up only half the TDs and he's awesome based on the yardage alone.

When Drew has anywhere near the TDs that Marino has or the NFL success that Elway has, then let us know.

Elway rarely had more than 3,500 yards and was far more mobile and just didn't put up the games w/ 40+ attempts that Drew did/does.

Marino, yeah, he did, but only b/c the Phins never had a running game for just about his entire career. They had no choice. With one of the league's premier RBs, we do event though we haven't made the most of it. They continue to throw Drew even when he's stinking the place up like last week. Just thank your lucky stars that the D has improved!

And BTW, the D didn't seem to benefit in holding the Chargers to only 13 points b/c we ran Henry, did they? No!

Henry had only 17 carries thru most of the game and the D held the Chargers to only 13 in spite of that.

Uh-Oh! Trouble for those who say that the D hasn't improved except when Henry runs the lights out!

WG
12-21-2002, 01:29 PM
It's called streaks there Butch. Sorry. They don't always happen in nice, neat, even numbered pairs.

Do you want to deny the D the reason for us beating Miami in a game in which they allowed only 10 points all game long? Or was it the offense that was entirely responsible in a game in which they put up 16 big offensive points with its only TD coming off of a broken defensive big play?

WG
12-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Since when is allowing 27, 31 and 38 points called good?

4th,

Since when is allowing 37, 39, 28, 27, 49, and 24 better?

For someone who accuses me of not looking at the entire picture, I've gotta blow the B.S. whistle on ya here bud. :D

27: was the 2nd N.E. game in which 17 of those 27 were off of offensive TOs, 10 directly as a result of Drew and the most critical of which put us down 17-0 with an INT to Seymour setting the Pats up 1st-and-goal at our 6. 20 points otherwise, and only 10 of those not off of Off. TOs, yeah, I'd say that was pretty good and I'd be happy with that all season long with the talent on O we had if it was used properly.

31: Again, considering that Drew set up the Jets first two and only two first half TDs with INTs setting them up at or near midfield, I don't think we can ask for perfection from them.

38: Yeah, they played horribly. So did the O not helping them w/ only a 25 min. ToP.

Nevertheless, the other 5 games of those 8 games: 10, 13, 17, 17, and 20 were good. All in all they were far better than the:

37, 39, 28, 27, 49, and 24 that we started off with. Wouldn't you say? Or do you simply like to argue things that don't make much sense? :D

In the last 8 games, that's 5 that were better by a LONG shot than the single best of the first 6 games. Even the 3 that you brought up, 2 are better than 5 of the first 6 and the worst is still better than 2 of those 6.

Yeah, I'd say that's some very significant improvement. If our D plays the way they have over our last 8 next season, I'll be content.

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 02:01 PM
running the game well makes things a whole lot easier for the entire team. It makes the long ball (drew) a lot more dangerous and more importantly the D off the field. We have ran the ball a lot better since the start of the year.

Now I don't know if time possesion made the D better since they have had a lot of rest on the bench. Thing is it's a team thing. If Henry runs well, Drew can throw better and D is welll rested and can perform better.

Drew's done some bad things but he's done great things for the team as well. Same goes for Henry and the D (at rare times) as well.

WG
12-21-2002, 09:55 PM
When Henry runs well we win.

The more Drew throws, the more we lose.

Why? Don't know all the reasons. But that's true.

If Drew's passing were opening things up for Henry, how come no one defending that can answer the question that explains why some of Henry's best games have been w/ Drew playing poorly.

It stands to reason that a passing game would only open up a rushing game if it was effective and not struggling. Yet, I guess we're expected to believe that just because Drew's Drew, that teams just lay down at times.

Besides, I'm not so sure that Drew is all that feared/respected by opponents. Some of what I've seen speaks to the contrary. His deep throw is respected at times, but not the other aspects of his passing game. He likes to go for all the marbles too often. He's not patient enough.

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Besides, I'm not so sure that Drew is all that feared/respected by opponents. Some of what I've seen speaks to the contrary. His deep throw is respected at times, but not the other aspects of his passing game. He likes to go for all the marbles too often. He's not patient enough.

"An executive in personnel for the San Diego Chargers said his team placed so much emphasis on stopping the Bills' passing last Sunday that it left them vulnerable against the run. Travis Henry rushed 22 times for 144 yards and the Bills won, 20-13."

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/News/dec02/104958.asp?104958.asp

From the mouth of a Cheesehead player. ....he doesn't respect Drew at all! Click on the link!

WG
12-21-2002, 11:03 PM
Yeah, what did Belichick say?

Judge
12-21-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc

That says it all.

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Yeah, what did Belichick say?

who cares what Belichik said. Fact is I proved you wrong !Not all will respect Drew but that article simply says, people do respect our passing game. You're wrong .Lol!

"1" person (belichik) does not respect Drew!
"2 "-people that were mentioned in that article said they do!

how's that stat, stat guy!Lol!

lunatic_bills_fan
12-21-2002, 11:18 PM
I bet nobody responds t this comment that Im about to make for like the hundredth time. Henry is top 6 with rush attempts, there is nothing wrong with how many attempts he gets.

Butch
12-22-2002, 12:18 AM
It's called streaks there Butch. Sorry. They don't always happen in nice, neat, even numbered pairs.

Do you want to deny the D the reason for us beating Miami in a game in which they allowed only 10 points all game long? Or was it the offense that was entirely responsible in a game in which they put up 16 big offensive points with its only TD coming off of a broken defensive big play?

How about comparing games 1-5, 6-10, and 11-14. Streaks of 5,5, and 4 would tell the story better than 8 and 5. You just chose streaks of 8 and 5 because you wanted to manipulate the stats as much as you could. Why else would your streak of 8 start with a game where we only gave up 10 points?

Our defense has improved, but its as much of an improvement as moving from a cardboard box to living in a tent.

Typ0
02-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Open up the passing game
and trump the scum to state of tame.

justasportsfan
02-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Miyagi , How long have you known wys?

Ð
02-26-2003, 11:24 PM
:rofl:

The_Philster
02-27-2003, 04:56 AM
:lol: