PDA

View Full Version : Mueller Dolpins New GM

camelcowboy
06-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Randy Mueller is now the GM of the Miami Dolphins. Despite my hatred for the fish i think it is a good move. He is one of the least annoying ESPN personalities and its sad to see him go. Now hes the enemy :squish:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2077282

LtFinFan66
06-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Should definitely be a step in the right direction. Spielman was the last link to the Wanny era so now we officially move on. Time will tell

Jan Reimers
06-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Mueller built the Saints into a very good - but not great - football team. He can only help a Fins program that has been on the slide recently.

LifetimeBillsFan
06-07-2005, 05:36 AM
He's been able to bring in really talented players for Seattle and New Orleans in the past, but the problem is that those players haven't really played up to the level of their collective talents so far. Saban muct feel that if Mueller can bring him in that kind of talent, he will be able to do a better job than Haslett and Holmgren in getting the most out of it. We'll see....

Tatonka
06-07-2005, 07:55 AM
spielman was not a bad gm. i see it as a wash either way. mueller was in N.O. when they traded their whole draft for ricky williams right?

Jan Reimers
06-07-2005, 08:03 AM
spielman was not a bad gm. i see it as a wash either way. mueller was in N.O. when they traded their whole draft for ricky williams right?
Not sure, but wasn't that mostly due to Ditka's irrational, compulsive love for Ricky?

Tatonka
06-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Not sure, but wasn't that mostly due to Ditka's irrational, compulsive love for Ricky?

well i would assume a move that big would involve the gm too.. it may not have been during muellers time though.. i know mueller was there when ricky was traded.

either way.. he has never really put together an incredible team, but he is solid. i guess my point was.. spielman took a lot of **** he probably didnt deserve.

ExWNYer
06-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Randy Mueller is now the GM of the Miami Dolphins. Despite my hatred for the fish i think it is a good move. He is one of the least annoying ESPN personalities and its sad to see him go. Now hes the enemy :squish:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2077282

I'm just glad that it's not Tom Modrak.

Tatonka
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
that i agree with.

Samphin1
06-07-2005, 10:27 AM
I don't think Mueller was there for the initial trade. I could be wrong though. I know he did build the team in N.O. that won its first ever playoff game and he was named GM of the year. He has made some big trades in the past and seems to have a great eye for talent. I owuld expect ihm to work hard and heavy on trying to get more draft picks by trading commodities. Either throughout the season or in the offseason. Good addition to the staff.

TedMock
06-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Good hiring for Miami. Speilman was a good GM, but they needed a fresh start in the front office. I just hope that we don't lose Modrak before TD's time is done. I think we will though.

camelcowboy
06-07-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm just glad that it's not Tom Modrak.
I know, but hasn't he basically said that he doesn't want to be a GM he likes the outside, traveling part of scouting.

FinNasty23
06-07-2005, 12:34 PM
mueller was in N.O. when they traded their whole draft for ricky williams right?
No, Mueller got there after all of that... saw Ricky was a headcase... drafted Duece McAllister... and then raped Miami in trading Ricky to us...

Nasty

ExWNYer
06-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I know, but hasn't he basically said that he doesn't want to be a GM he likes the outside, traveling part of scouting.

Yes, but what these guys say publicly and what they often times do are entirely different. I hope he does stay for a long, long time and, as was posted above, slips into the job if/when TD leaves.

The_Philster
06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
The Ricky draft was in 99...Mueller joined the Saints in 2000