X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wchutalkinboutwillis
    • Mar 2005

NYC Olympic Stadium rejected

This isn't totally dead but it is now officially a long shot. This is only good news for the Bills.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty
  • wchutalkinboutwillis
    • Mar 2005

Forgot the link:

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Sweet!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Great news.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Woo Hoo! Great news! and once the IOC selects Paris as the next city for the 2012 Olympics, we will never have to hear about the terrible waste of money again. By the next time that NYC gets another chance, Bloomberg and Pataki will both be out of office, hopefully.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Yeah, I was real happy to hear the news. One NYC newspaper had a headline saying something like "Albany we need you!" Ha, like us people in Albany are going to help those elitist "We're living in modern day Rome" asswipes. Especially since they suck our tax dollars and then sent their ****tiest citizens upstate when Giuliani "cleaned up the city".

I'm glad Joe Bruno and the others abstained and hence killed their NYC Colisseum dreaming.

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
                  • Feb 2005

Sweet
                  Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                    • Mar 2005

I was surprised to hear the effort to build this Olympic stadium has been going on for 5 years. I love NYC but I love the Bills more. Rebuild the WTC first and worry about the rest later.
                    The New Jersey Star Ledger seems to think that NJ will now step it up to make it a joint deal again between the Jets and Giants. I'm not sure I understand because as of right now, I think the Giants are privately funding (750mm) the whole deal on the new Meadowlands stadium.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

I've been rubbing it in everyone's face all week at work. I know there are many Jets fans that are pissed but they can share the new Giants stadium as proposed or else pay for the stadium yourself, or put it in Queens... otherwise:

SUCK IT NYC.

Now you know what it feels like to be on the backburner for once... and I'm sure they will throw a ****storm and blame upstate somehow... but in the meantime muuuwahahahahaha

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                        • Jul 2002

I was ecstatic when I heard the news.

What a stupid idea that was. They were going to build a stadium in a place you can't get to by car on a "low" traffic day. I guess that doesn't matter, because they weren't going to build parking space anyway. No tailgating, unless you wanted to do it on the West Side Highway.

If they want a stadium in NYC, build it in Queens. Last I heard, Queens was still a part of NYC. That's where the Jets were from originally anyway.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                          I was ecstatic when I heard the news.

What a stupid idea that was. They were going to build a stadium in a place you can't get to by car on a "low" traffic day. I guess that doesn't matter, because they weren't going to build parking space anyway. No tailgating, unless you wanted to do it on the West Side Highway.

If they want a stadium in NYC, build it in Queens. Last I heard, Queens was still a part of NYC. That's where the Jets were from originally anyway.
                          Yeah, well they also wanted to build a new subway line that ran to the stadium... something they just negate to tell anyone. That adds onto the already $2+ billion.

I have no problem with the Jets building a new stadium, as long as they foot the majority of the bill and it is built in an accessible place for the fans. The West Side was the worst possible location... and spending $2 billion on a stadium alone, not counting all the other hidden costs, in addition to their "prime location" is absolutely absurd.

The whole concept of this stadium was a joke to begin with, and only few people actually support the stupid thing. I know many Jets fans that are even against it.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            Yeah, well they also wanted to build a new subway line that ran to the stadium... something they just negate to tell anyone. That adds onto the already $2+ billion.

I have no problem with the Jets building a new stadium, as long as they foot the majority of the bill and it is built in an accessible place for the fans. The West Side was the worst possible location... and spending $2 billion on a stadium alone, not counting all the other hidden costs, in addition to their "prime location" is absolutely absurd.

The whole concept of this stadium was a joke to begin with, and only few people actually support the stupid thing. I know many Jets fans that are even against it.
                            Great post, man!

Comment

• Voltron
                              • Jul 2002

What is the last thing that the state spent 2 + Billion on in Hudson valley, Central NY, or Western NY that was not a prison???? Heck when has the state spent even 1% of that on any type of recreational building or park for anywhere past White Plains???

This state is going to hell in a hand basket and that suction sound you hear is coming from NYC as they drag us down the drain with them
                              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X