PDA

View Full Version : NYC Olympic Stadium rejected

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-07-2005, 11:00 AM
This isn't totally dead but it is now officially a long shot. This is only good news for the Bills.

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Forgot the link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050607/1029935.asp

Pride
06-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Sweet!

Mr. Miyagi
06-07-2005, 11:46 AM
:lolpoint::jetsuck:

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-07-2005, 12:03 PM
:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Great news.

Michael82
06-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Woo Hoo! Great news! and once the IOC selects Paris as the next city for the 2012 Olympics, we will never have to hear about the terrible waste of money again. By the next time that NYC gets another chance, Bloomberg and Pataki will both be out of office, hopefully.

DynaPaul
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I was real happy to hear the news. One NYC newspaper had a headline saying something like "Albany we need you!" Ha, like us people in Albany are going to help those elitist "We're living in modern day Rome" asswipes. Especially since they suck our tax dollars and then sent their ****tiest citizens upstate when Giuliani "cleaned up the city".

I'm glad Joe Bruno and the others abstained and hence killed their NYC Colisseum dreaming.

pleasesavedrew
06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Sweet

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I was surprised to hear the effort to build this Olympic stadium has been going on for 5 years. I love NYC but I love the Bills more. Rebuild the WTC first and worry about the rest later.
The New Jersey Star Ledger seems to think that NJ will now step it up to make it a joint deal again between the Jets and Giants. I'm not sure I understand because as of right now, I think the Giants are privately funding (750mm) the whole deal on the new Meadowlands stadium.

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 06:37 AM
I've been rubbing it in everyone's face all week at work. I know there are many Jets fans that are pissed but they can share the new Giants stadium as proposed or else pay for the stadium yourself, or put it in Queens... otherwise:

SUCK IT NYC.

Now you know what it feels like to be on the backburner for once... and I'm sure they will throw a ****storm and blame upstate somehow... but in the meantime muuuwahahahahaha

Mad Bomber
06-08-2005, 06:51 AM
I was ecstatic when I heard the news.

What a stupid idea that was. They were going to build a stadium in a place you can't get to by car on a "low" traffic day. I guess that doesn't matter, because they weren't going to build parking space anyway. No tailgating, unless you wanted to do it on the West Side Highway.

If they want a stadium in NYC, build it in Queens. Last I heard, Queens was still a part of NYC. That's where the Jets were from originally anyway.

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 06:58 AM
I was ecstatic when I heard the news.

What a stupid idea that was. They were going to build a stadium in a place you can't get to by car on a "low" traffic day. I guess that doesn't matter, because they weren't going to build parking space anyway. No tailgating, unless you wanted to do it on the West Side Highway.

If they want a stadium in NYC, build it in Queens. Last I heard, Queens was still a part of NYC. That's where the Jets were from originally anyway.

Yeah, well they also wanted to build a new subway line that ran to the stadium... something they just negate to tell anyone. That adds onto the already $2+ billion.

I have no problem with the Jets building a new stadium, as long as they foot the majority of the bill and it is built in an accessible place for the fans. The West Side was the worst possible location... and spending $2 billion on a stadium alone, not counting all the other hidden costs, in addition to their "prime location" is absolutely absurd.

The whole concept of this stadium was a joke to begin with, and only few people actually support the stupid thing. I know many Jets fans that are even against it.

Michael82
06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Yeah, well they also wanted to build a new subway line that ran to the stadium... something they just negate to tell anyone. That adds onto the already $2+ billion.

I have no problem with the Jets building a new stadium, as long as they foot the majority of the bill and it is built in an accessible place for the fans. The West Side was the worst possible location... and spending $2 billion on a stadium alone, not counting all the other hidden costs, in addition to their "prime location" is absolutely absurd.

The whole concept of this stadium was a joke to begin with, and only few people actually support the stupid thing. I know many Jets fans that are even against it.
Great post, man! :bf1:

Voltron
06-08-2005, 08:54 AM
What is the last thing that the state spent 2 + Billion on in Hudson valley, Central NY, or Western NY that was not a prison???? Heck when has the state spent even 1% of that on any type of recreational building or park for anywhere past White Plains??? :mad:

This state is going to hell in a hand basket and that suction sound you hear is coming from NYC as they drag us down the drain with them :shakeno:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
:jetsuck: Maybe it will be the Jets that will be moving to Los Angeles in the future and we will be staying the only New York team!

Jan Reimers
06-08-2005, 10:39 AM
That IS breaking news. The state might now - or in the not too distant future - actually have a couple of bucks to flow to WNY.

ExWNYer
06-08-2005, 11:50 AM
:jetsuck: Maybe it will be the Jets that will be moving to Los Angeles in the future and we will be staying the only New York team!

Let 'em stay in New Jersey with all the other toxic waste! Petition the league to have the Jest and the Giants officially change their names to where they have and will continue to reside for years - New Jersey. Then see how fast NY state jumps to the aid of the Bills, its only NFL franchise, should some carpetbagger try and move them.

EricStratton
06-08-2005, 12:04 PM
What is the last thing that the state spent 2 + Billion on in Hudson valley, Central NY, or Western NY that was not a prison???? Heck when has the state spent even 1% of that on any type of recreational building or park for anywhere past White Plains??? :mad:

This state is going to hell in a hand basket and that suction sound you hear is coming from NYC as they drag us down the drain with them :shakeno:

One reason you hear the sucking sound is because the NYC area comes to Albany as a united group with a plan where as Upstate is always fractured. The politicians from Buffalo want to screw Rochester who then wants to screw Syracuse and so on and they all want to screw the rural towns, They can never agree on an issue to form a block of support that is needed to unseat the ideas of Bruno, Silver, Bloomberg or Pataki.

Let 'em stay in New Jersey with all the other toxic waste! Petition the league to have the Jest and the Giants officially change their names to where they have and will continue to reside for years - New Jersey. Then see how fast NY state jumps to the aid of the Bills, its only NFL franchise, should some carpetbagger try and move them.

Easy on the toxic waste comments. Love Canal isn’t exactly a land of milk and honey.

ExWNYer
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Easy on the toxic waste comments. Love Canal isn’t exactly a land of milk and honey.

Just based on the fact that there are more toxic waste sites in NJ than any other state, by far (43?)...not a slam on you or any of the other people living in NJ.

Voltron
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM

I bet it has a prettier name than any of the NJ waste sites :D

EricStratton
06-08-2005, 03:02 PM
I bet it has a prettier name than any of the NJ waste sites :D

We have 542 current and former sites, naming them is hard.

Michael82
06-08-2005, 03:42 PM
We have 542 current and former sites, naming them is hard.
:rofl:

jpdex12
06-08-2005, 09:14 PM

This state is going to hell in a hand basket and that suction sound you hear is coming from NYC as they drag us down the drain with them :shakeno:Excellent post Voltron. They would be hard pressed to name anything. DestiNY would have been a nice place to start. Too bad it will be privately funded.
I see that you changed your location to Syracuse instead of Auburn. What up wit dat? No one knows where Central Square is that's why I'm in a van down by the river!

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 09:17 PM
NYS is going to crap, but it is the fault of both sides. NYC is the greediest ****ing region of the US I have ever lived in or visited. The only thing people care about down here are themselves, how much they make, and how much "stuff" they can go do on their days off. They tend to forget that there is an entire part of the state that has pretty much nothing do to the fact that NYC thinks they have to have EVERYTHING.

"Upstate" is so poorly managed and ran it will never be able to dig itself out of the hole it's in unless enough people with their heads on correctly step in and make a difference. Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen.

NY could be a great state, but the two sides ("Upstate" and NYC Metro) are so segregated I don't think any progress will ever be made... other than the continual hike of tax rates and raping the citizens. NYC will keep growing to the point where there's so many people in this one small area it will be come unbearable to live... and "upstate" will be so depleted it will be unbearable to live.

Historian
06-09-2005, 05:57 AM
I know this is a little off topic, but I read that at the next census, NY will only be the 4th largest state, due to all the residents relocating elsewhere, particularly down south.

And thumbs up for fiscal sanity. Let the Jets build their own stadium.

EricStratton
06-09-2005, 07:18 AM
:rofl:

Don't laugh to hard, New York has 476

Voltron
06-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Excellent post Voltron. They would be hard pressed to name anything. DestiNY would have been a nice place to start. Too bad it will be privately funded.
I see that you changed your location to Syracuse instead of Auburn. What up wit dat? No one knows where Central Square is that's why I'm in a van down by the river!
Moved to Lynncourt about a month and 1/2 ago :up:

Bill Brasky
06-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I know this is a little off topic, but I read that at the next census, NY will only be the 4th largest state, due to all the residents relocating elsewhere, particularly down south.

that is sweet. i hope people keep leaving, maybe the boneheads running this place will take notice when it becomes an over-taxed dump full of welfare or extremely wealthy people in the next 10 years

Voltron
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
that is sweet. i hope people keep leaving, maybe the boneheads running this place will take notice when it becomes an over-taxed dump full of welfare or extremely wealthy people in the next 10 years
You mean it hasn't already??? :huh:

Bill Brasky
06-09-2005, 12:30 PM
You mean it hasn't already??? :huh:

not as bad as it will be in the next few years.

Michael82
06-09-2005, 01:30 PM

That's pretty sad. :sigh:

jpdex12
06-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Moved to Lynncourt about a month and 1/2 ago :up:
You didn't move far, but it's still farther from the mecca (The Ralph) isn't it?