• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Surprise Bills for 2005

Who do you guys think will become one of our top performers this season, who might not be talked about all that much right now?

My vote is for Ron Edwards. He hasn't had many opportunities to play full-time, and he may give a little in the run stopping department (although that could become less of a problem if he plays full time), but his pash rush skills could create another problem for opposing offenses to worry about, therefore increasing his sack and tackles for loss total, but more importantly, freeing up our other big playmakers ala Spikes, Schobel, Fletcher, Adams in the front 7.

I see him as a 6-9 sack player with many TFL. Plus he is in a contract year, UFA IN 2006.

Of this list provided, (UFDA's excluded till mid training camp) who do you guys think will be that player for us this season? Most of these guys are in contract years, interestingly enough. (I hate polls, so i figured we could just discuss)

Ron Edwards (for reasons stated above)

Mark Campbell (Underused last year, and if healthy could be a very solid weapon for the offense, with his veteran experience and toughness)

Kevin Thomas (solid nickel corner in contract year, is he starting material?)

Mike Gandy (Bills seem to be hitching on him making an impact at LT. Can he produce enough to make us fans no longer worry about the position?)

Josh Reed (We all know his story, but can he actually produce enough with the addition of Parrish and emergance of Evans, to stick past 2005?)

Rian Lindell (Again we all know this tune, but will Rian become the solid kicker the Bills need him to be, or will his accuracy cost us games?)
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

I think it'll be Gandy.

McNally liked him over Shelton. He had more upside coming out of college than Jennings. He has had injury problems but I see him making us forget about Jennings.

I agree with you though. Edwards will be good. He is good at rushing the passer from the DT spot.

It'll be fun to see how these guys pan out.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
      Who do you guys think will become one of our top performers this season, who might not be talked about all that much right now?

My vote is for Ron Edwards. He hasn't had many opportunities to play full-time, and he may give a little in the run stopping department (although that could become less of a problem if he plays full time), but his pash rush skills could create another problem for opposing offenses to worry about, therefore increasing his sack and tackles for loss total, but more importantly, freeing up our other big playmakers ala Spikes, Schobel, Fletcher, Adams in the front 7.

I see him as a 6-9 sack player with many TFL. Plus he is in a contract year, UFA IN 2006.

Of this list provided, (UFDA's excluded till mid training camp) who do you guys think will be that player for us this season? Most of these guys are in contract years, interestingly enough. (I hate polls, so i figured we could just discuss)

Ron Edwards (for reasons stated above)

Mark Campbell (Underused last year, and if healthy could be a very solid weapon for the offense, with his veteran experience and toughness)

Kevin Thomas (solid nickel corner in contract year, is he starting material?)

Mike Gandy (Bills seem to be hitching on him making an impact at LT. Can he produce enough to make us fans no longer worry about the position?)

Josh Reed (We all know his story, but can he actually produce enough with the addition of Parrish and emergance of Evans, to stick past 2005?)

Rian Lindell (Again we all know this tune, but will Rian become the solid kicker the Bills need him to be, or will his accuracy cost us games?)
      My vote is for Kelsay. He started to show some signs of life last year and I think he will continue to improve and could be a nice compliment to Schobel. And I might be mistaken, but didn't the Bills extend Kevin Thomas recently?
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
        My vote is for Kelsay. He started to show some signs of life last year and I think he will continue to improve and could be a nice compliment to Schobel. And I might be mistaken, but didn't the Bills extend Kevin Thomas recently?
        Nah, they just signed him to a 1 year tender, he's a UFA next year. I like your pick of Kelsay, but in my opinion he already has established himself opposite Schobel as a good threat, thats why i didnt list him.
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Romes
          I think it'll be Gandy.

McNally liked him over Shelton. He had more upside coming out of college than Jennings. He has had injury problems but I see him making us forget about Jennings.

I agree with you though. Edwards will be good. He is good at rushing the passer from the DT spot.

It'll be fun to see how these guys pan out.
          Agreed. Either Edwards or Gandy.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I agree with Edwards, Gancy and Thomas. I think Reed will fade into an official "bust" and I can honestly see Lindell not being our kicker for 16 games. He'll be gone either before September or in late October I think.

My "duh" picks are Losman (he'll be a more complete QB than many think he will be) McGahee (I love the guy...think he is great....but I think he will prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a top 5 RB this season...and I think he stays healthy for the most part) Evans (if he is the real deal he should be able to overcome the "sophomore jinx"), and .......hold on for this one folks.........I don't want anyone to choke on their Diet Coke

Lavaule Sape.
            Just remember I called it.
            Last edited by DaBillzAhDaShiznit; 06-07-2005, 03:53 PM. Reason: too many dots made post too wide....sorry
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

if it is not gandy, season over.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• buffalofan19
                God's gift to the Zone
                • Dec 2004

Not that I don't think that Edwards can be good this year, but Edwards had the starting role back in 2002 and did not do well at all. It was one of the main reasons the Bills went out and signed Sam Adams to begin with. Now, only time will tell if Edwards has learned from two years ago, but it is a falsity to say that he has not been given a fair shot, because he has. It is also for that reason that I am not as optimistic with the departure of Pat Williams. While that seemed inevitable, after watching Edwards in 2002, he still has a lot to show me before I jump onto his bandwagon.
                Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by buffalofan19
                  Not that I don't think that Edwards can be good this year, but Edwards had the starting role back in 2002 and did not do well at all. It was one of the main reasons the Bills went out and signed Sam Adams to begin with. Now, only time will tell if Edwards has learned from two years ago, but it is a falsity to say that he has not been given a fair shot, because he has. It is also for that reason that I am not as optimistic with the departure of Pat Williams. While that seemed inevitable, after watching Edwards in 2002, he still has a lot to show me before I jump onto his bandwagon.
                  Edwards was only a second year player in 2002, an inexperienced guy who was thrust into the lineup due to lack of talent/bodies. Not to mention the starters in the secondary consisted of Coy Wire (rookie), Prioleau, stone hands winfield. KEITH NEWMAN and EDDIE ROBINSON flanking the 209 tackle machine Fletcher, and CHIDI AHANATU opposite Schobel......not a very impressive cast if you ask me, and not something to judge Edwards from.

I'm not saying he's gonna be amazing, but i like his chances to at least generate enough noise to detract some attention from our main playmakers on defense..
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Nah, they just signed him to a 1 year tender, he's a UFA next year. I like your pick of Kelsay, but in my opinion he already has established himself opposite Schobel as a good threat, thats why i didnt list him.
                    Well he hasn't

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Willis McGahee!!!

Comment

• buffalofan19
                        God's gift to the Zone
                        • Dec 2004

Edwards was only a second year player in 2002, an inexperienced guy who was thrust into the lineup due to lack of talent/bodies. Not to mention the starters in the secondary consisted of Coy Wire (rookie), Prioleau, stone hands winfield. KEITH NEWMAN and EDDIE ROBINSON flanking the 209 tackle machine Fletcher, and CHIDI AHANATU opposite Schobel......not a very impressive cast if you ask me, and not something to judge Edwards from.

I'm not saying he's gonna be amazing, but i like his chances to at least generate enough noise to detract some attention from our main playmakers on defense..
                        I understand that. However, after 2002, the Bills did a major overhaul of defensive personnel. Many players were replaced in the starting line up, including Edwards. And what happened? They all of a sudden became a Top 5 defense. Edwards was one of the guys the Bills felt they could improve on by replacing in the starting lineup. Now I realize Edwards' playing time increased last year, but I still don't think the Bills are now at a point where they "won't miss a beat" with Williams gone. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Edwards sucks, but at the same time, I think he will be "servicable" as a starter and not much more. I don't see the interior line being as dominant as it was last year.
                        Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                        Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                        Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                        Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                        Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                        Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                        Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                        Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                        Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                        Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

our defensive line will be just as good if not better. Williams is old and running om a very low tank so we got rid of him. what we lack in edwards we will definnitely make up for in kelsay. he will have a huge 8-10 sack season and the front four will have us all saying pat who?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I think it's gonna be a fight just to get him on the 2005 final 53-man roster
                            Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            Willis McGahee!!!
                            He said "surprise"
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
                              • Feb 2005

ron edwards started all of 2002 at dt. he wasnt good enough to keep his job, so we went and got adams, but i think that i would vote for him to, just because he had 4 sacks last year and has starter experince. also watch out for fast Freddie Smith, im thinkin he could have a Mcgee like year runnin back punts, he just really got it goin last year and was close to scorin a few times after he actually did. I just he hope he can stick as a 5th or maybe 6th recever.
                              Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

Working...
                              X