PDA

View Full Version : McGahee shares outlook on 2005 season....

BidsJr
06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3210

juice
06-07-2005, 06:12 PM
I can dig Illis' approach to the game, Chatter don't matter - Don't talk it, walk it.:blowup:

elltrain22
06-07-2005, 06:25 PM
yo juice, love that nickname. Illis... Can I borrow that??

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Might as well enjoy Willis going nuts this year because I'm sure that d**kface of an agent of his will try and suck every penny out of RWJ next year and pull another TO on us.

Edited for inappropriate language - The official d**k censor, Mr. Miyagi :miyagi:

Tatonka
06-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Might as well enjoy Willis going nuts this year because I'm sure that d**kface of an agent of his will try and suck every penny out of RWJ next year and pull another TO on us.

i am pretty cofident that willis will have a huge year then hold out too.. but the bills can make him sit and rot for 2 years if he does that.. so i dont think TD will play those games.. but with that agent barking in his ear, who knows how it will go down.

BidsJr
06-08-2005, 08:02 AM
If Willis busts out for 1700 yards 25 td's 500 yds rec. He should get a new contract and if he has to hold out ot do it then so be it.

People always seem to forget that Owners rarely honor the contract they sign the players to if they cost too much. Why should a player not be able to renegotiate if they are paid too little?

juice
06-08-2005, 08:20 AM
yo juice, love that nickname. Illis... Can I borrow that??It's yours ell.. I actually saw a guy using it as his User ID on another board.

i am pretty cofident that willis will have a huge year then hold out too.. but the bills can make him sit and rot for 2 years if he does that.. so i dont think TD will play those games.. but with that agent barking in his ear, who knows how it will go down.
I don't think he sits even with a 1500 yard season, there is simply too much money involved - TD will have no choice but to listen to WM and Rosenhaus' demands and then make some sort of compromise to get him back in the huddle.

If Illis goes over 1500 yds and the team wins 11 games and makes the playoffs, then tickets will sell, seats will be full, everyone involved will be happy including RW, and WM will deserve a pay raise.. Its all about selling out RWS and McGahee is a major reason that tickets this year are selling at the fastest rate since the SB years.

Willis is this teams Kelly, Thomas, Reed, and Smith all rapped up into one package.. Spikes is the only other true Star on this team and with the major emphasis on filling stadiums in the League you can go by the old saying that "Offense sells tickets while Defense wins Championships".

This team may be a year ot two away from winning the AFC-E and making a strong SB run but in the meanwhile Willis is gonna sell out every home game and his highlights will be all over SportsCenter making that #21 throwback jersey sell off the rack.. $$$ makes the League go round.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I'd be more impressed with Willis if he would demonstrate some respect for his teammates by showing up for the OTAs. And that "just have fun" thing will last about 60 seconds with Rosengreed as his agent.

BidsJr
06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I'd be more impressed with Willis if he would demonstrate some respect for his teammates by showing up for the OTAs. And that "just have fun" thing will last about 60 seconds with Rosengreed as his agent.

The perception seems to be that the Miami guys in Miami are working harder than any one team in the offseason.

If this is true, maybe his teammates should show the same commitment and skip the OTA's to work out with Willis?

In all seriousness, I'd rather not have Willis taking the chance of getting a freak non contact ACL tear and being out for the year.

He'll be here this week, and all will be fine.

G. Host
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
If Willis busts out for 1700 yards 25 td's 500 yds rec. He should get a new contract and if he has to hold out ot do it then so be it.

People always seem to forget that Owners rarely honor the contract they sign the players to if they cost too much. Why should a player not be able to renegotiate if they are paid too little?

They DO honor the contract - the contract allows for player to be cut which is the reason for the signing bonuses. Agents have got guarenteed contacts but when they do get them, the teams typically offer less money.