we will get what we want for Henry

Smith Suspended for season
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jmb1099
    we will get what we want for Henry

Smith Suspended for season
    My work buddies and I were just saying the same thing today. Minnesota could sure use TH, and they have money to spare if they want to throw a nice contract at him too.

We just need to be patient and wait this thing out. Minnesota has a legitimate chance at being at the top of the NFC along with Philly. So why not get a good, proven, tough RB to add to their arsenal?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

They still have a couple decent back up there though. Guess we will see

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

Patience, a good deal is coming. The key is patience. It is very tempting to dump a player with a sour attitude, but in this case patience. I cannot remember a single off/preseason that didn't see several backs go down. The most alluring back on the market based on talent alone, might be Alexander, or perhaps Edge if the Colts haven't locked him up. But if you factor in salary etc... Henry becomes very viable.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

The Vikes just drafted Ciatrick Fason also. I don't think they will be giving a 3rd rounder for him. They still have plenty of backs.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
            The Vikes just drafted Ciatrick Fason also. I don't think they will be giving a 3rd rounder for him. They still have plenty of backs.
            Ciatrick Fason is a rookie who'll need to learn. Michael Bennett is injury prone, and I don't think Mewelde Moore can handle the load of a whole season. It makes sense for them to acquire a veteran who can carry a load if need be!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

TD has a lot more patience than most of us. Given the market, however, we may have to settle for a 4th rounder, or keep TH for the year.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                • May 2004

Why not trade with Minnesota for one of their RB's? We could use an experienced backup who isn't disgruntled, and Henry could be their featured back. I think Michael Bennett would be a great addition to this team, and in limited action he would likely hold up better. Same goes for Moore. Don't know about anyone else, but a third rounder next year doesn't excite me in the least. I want a player. They probably won't part with Kleinsauser (spelling?) will they?
                "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                  i agree.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

When did "Bills West" move from SD to Minn???
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• jmb1099
                      • Sep 2004

The point isn't that we would make a deal with Min specifically, rather that history shows that rb's usually began to fall off as opening day approaches.
                      I don't believe we will keep a disgruntled Henry for the entire season, someone will eventually need him badly enough to give us something decent.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

TD probably could have got a 4th rd pick in 2005 draft for TH months ago. But he held out for a 2nd than a 3rd.

If all TD gets for TH is a 4th rd pick in 2006 than he deserves no credit. Patience will have accomplished nothing. TD will have made a big mistake in overestimating the RB market. There would be no way to spin it otherwise. This is his job.

A 2005 pick could have helped this season.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

Bottom line is Henry is being paid peanuts compared to what he could potentially make next season. He will be a Bill this year unless a 3rd rounder is offered. It makes 0 sense for us to dump him for anything else then what we want. If the Titans want him, give us a 3rd or they will have to outbid someone else for his services next season in free agency. And they will be stuck with injury prone Chris Brown.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            Why not trade with Minnesota for one of their RB's? We could use an experienced backup who isn't disgruntled, and Henry could be their featured back. I think Michael Bennett would be a great addition to this team, and in limited action he would likely hold up better. Same goes for Moore. Don't know about anyone else, but a third rounder next year doesn't excite me in the least. I want a player. They probably won't part with Kleinsauser (spelling?) will they?
                            Euuggghhhh...no way. Bennett is like a little twig that snaps every time someone touches him. He would not fit into our power running style play at all and he wouldn't block well neither. I would love to trade for Kleinsasser (sp?) but unfortunately, I doubt they will. Other than that...unless they have an LT to spare that we can use, they should just pay the 3rd round next year. Minn has a legitimate chance of going all the way in the NFC. Their main competition is going to be Philly and they could use TH in helping establish a run, so that Culpepper can light up the airways!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                              TD probably could have got a 4th rd pick in 2005 draft for TH months ago. But he held out for a 2nd than a 3rd.

If all TD gets for TH is a 4th rd pick in 2006 than he deserves no credit. Patience will have accomplished nothing. TD will have made a big mistake in overestimating the RB market. There would be no way to spin it otherwise. This is his job.

A 2005 pick could have helped this season.
                              Although it's still probably too early to tell who will make something of themselves and who won't, if we had gotten a 4th rounder this year, who would you have liked the Bills to pick? In the 4th is where we took Preston and in looking at the names there, I can't see anyone I'd realy like to have:

Ray Willis (OT) - Has left shoulder problems and not to speedy - unless we plan on moving MW to LT this wouldn't help us much.

Brandon Jacobs (RB) - Has power, but lacks quick speed and needs to build it up. Reminds me alot of Antwaun Smith. He's also tall and tripped up easily. Apparently also has a learning disorder. Takes him awhile to digest a playbook. No thanks.

Adam Kieft (OT) - shows promise in some ways (good at run blocking) but doesn't play with motivation and sometimes just goes through the motions. I'd rather have players w/heart than someone who just wants to collect a paycheck.
                              I'm sure there are some that I might consider okay in getting: Marviel Underwood (FS), Todd Herremans (OT), Boomer Grigsby (OLB), Robert McCune (ILB), etc...But overall, there does not appear to be someone that is spectacular that would be worth what Travis is really worth within and past the 4th round!!!

But that's an interesting question to ask - so I'll create a separate thread on it to see who others might have drafted...

Comment

Working...
                              X