PDA

View Full Version : First Day Analysis: Rounds 1-2

Devin
06-07-2005, 10:05 PM
A lot of action in these first two rounds, the following is strictly my opinion.

Best Defensive Pick: Assassins
At it again Erie picks up the most NFL ready LB in this draft. Johnson is a monster tackler, 129 tackles his junior year then 1 better his senior season this guy plays sideline to sideline.

Best Offensive Pick: Norsemen
Braylon Edwards.......what else is there to say, kid has it all.

Best Sleeper: Bushwackers
Say what you will but I love the David Pollack pick, this guy is a workhorse and is the type of athlete that maybe just to small to be an impact DE in the NFL but could turn out to be an "Urlacheresque" type LB.

Most Help: Wookies
Grabbing both Alex Smith and Marcus Spears on the first day, I dont believe these two fellows will have great first years but in 2+ these picks could be huge cornerstones in the future.

Best 1st Round: Outlaws
Picking up Benson and Big Mike Williams in the first round provides the Outlaws with 2 more potential problems for opposing teams in the future and adds to an already elite WR corps.

Best 2nd Round: Playas
Grabbing Carlos Rogers after 22 picks was a steal.

Best 1st day: Tarpons
This one almost got by me, Traded away thier first rounder for 3 picks next year and still wound up with a 1st round calibur CB. Very nice moves.

Based on skill/team needs.

Ebenezer
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
:tap: I took Edwards.

Devin
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM
oh right sorry, im tired lol.

L.A. Playa
06-07-2005, 10:21 PM
nice read hard to say there where any bad picks on day 1

tampabay25690
06-07-2005, 10:21 PM
I would have to say the move I made by giving SPAZ my 1st round pick this year for his 1,2 and ,3rd next year!!!!!!

L.A. Playa
06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I would have to say the move I made by giving SPAZ my 1st round pick this year for his 1,2 and ,3rd next year!!!!!!

That was a great trade for you

Devin
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Right and thats important to note, im not saying anyone made bad picks, just weeding through them all was very tough to analyze who i thought did best. It was a great 1st day for most everyone.

L.A. Playa
06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
will be interesting 7 months from now to revisit the draft and see who got lucky and or knew what they where doing

Devin
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah thats always cool to see. Course then we will see which GM's did well overall.

tampabay25690
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
That was a great trade for you

Thanks, I think so as well for me.

Devin
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Tampa you made a great trade and still got a first round CB, brilliant day for you as well dude.

Canadian'eh!
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Overall i couldn't be happier with my draft. Got the players I wanted AND addressed my biggest needs.

Devin
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM
yeah everyone had solid 1st days, you had to try to screw up this one.

The Spaz
06-08-2005, 07:15 AM
I'll take that trade anyday, Clayton is goign to be awesome. Also with as many draft picks I had this year it should compensate for next year.

R. Rich
06-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Here's how I would rate my draft:

1st (#2) Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas: Overrated, can't tackle, isn't a big play LB
1st (#19) Thomas Davis, S/LB, Georgia: Overrated, can't cover, isn't a big play S and won't do much better @ LB

4th (#19) Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Fla. State: Overrated, too small, too weak, isn't a big play WR

5th (#2) Marion Barber III, RB, Minnesota: Overrated, slow, injury-ridden, inexperienced, not a big play RB
5th (#4) Chris Canty, DE, Virginia: Overrated, injury-ridden, not a big play DE

Overall: good

Canadian'eh!
06-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Here's how I would rate my draft:

1st (#2) Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas: Overrated, can't tackle, isn't a big play LB
1st (#19) Thomas Davis, S/LB, Georgia: Overrated, can't cover, isn't a big play S and won't do much better @ LB

4th (#19) Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Fla. State: Overrated, too small, too weak, isn't a big play WR

5th (#2) Marion Barber III, RB, Minnesota: Overrated, slow, injury-ridden, inexperienced, not a big play RB
5th (#4) Chris Canty, DE, Virginia: Overrated, injury-ridden, not a big play DE

Overall: good

Nice analysis.

R. Rich
06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Nice analysis.

Remember, you can't spell analysis without...

RetroRaiders81
06-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I can't wait to have Brown on my roster. I was surprised he fell to #8. This guy's gonna run wild on defenses. Had to pass on the CB's, I was hoping to get Marlin Jackson, but ended up with Justin Miller who I like.

Michael82
06-08-2005, 11:06 AM
I can't wait to have Brown on my roster. I was surprised he fell to #8. This guy's gonna run wild on defenses. Had to pass on the CB's, I was hoping to get Marlin Jackson, but ended up with Justin Miller who I like.
Don't forget, you don't get them til next year. :snicker:

RetroRaiders81
06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Yah I know, thats why I said I cant wait. :(

Sportsuser101
06-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm biased but I think the guy who took Ware and Rolle had the best draft. :bf1:

Devin
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
you always do ;)

Sportsuser101
06-08-2005, 02:35 PM
you always do ;)
To be honest I didn't like your draft. I think Benson is the 4th best RB in the draft and I think Mike is a good WR but he probably isn't going to have the good stats next year you would look for at WR. Grant it we are intitled to our opinions but I just don't see how you thought your draft was the best.

Ebenezer
06-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Remember, you can't spell analysis without...
lysis?

Devin
06-08-2005, 03:22 PM
To be honest I didn't like your draft. I think Benson is the 4th best RB in the draft and I think Mike is a good WR but he probably isn't going to have the good stats next year you would look for at WR. Grant it we are intitled to our opinions but I just don't see how you thought your draft was the best.

And your entitled to that opinion. Benson "imo" is hardly the 4th best "imo" if hes not the best hes second. I believe him to better fit my system. Mike Williams will develope into a bigtime possesion guy "imo". I had two first rounders (notice I said best 1st round not draft total) and I got Cedric Benson and Mike Williams only 2-3 others I believe had 2 first round picks. Rich and MBB certainly helped thier teams and had great picks.

That being said, you had a solid draft. You picked decent players, as I said all along you needed a CB and you helped yourself there. Ware was a great pickup but like Williams he wont have an amazing first year.

Canadian'eh!
06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
And your entitled to that opinion. Benson "imo" is hardly the 4th best "imo" if hes not the best hes second. I believe him to better fit my system. Mike Williams will develope into a bigtime possesion guy "imo". I had two first rounders (notice I said best 1st round not draft total) and I got Cedric Benson and Mike Williams only 2-3 others I believe had 2 first round picks. Rich and MBB certainly helped thier teams and had great picks.

That being said, you had a solid draft. You picked decent players, as I said all along you needed a CB and you helped yourself there. Ware was a great pickup but like Williams he wont have an amazing first year.

Brown is CLEARLY #1 in my book.

ryjam282
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree, I think he is #1 and Cedric is #2.

Devin
06-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I was on the fence about brown, imo he was #1 back in the draft. I ultimatley went with Benson because I believe him to better fit my team and secondly this sim only looks at stats. With Brown facing the top D's in the league and now potentially dealing with Ricky Williams return......Benson seemed to me to be a safer pick.

RetroRaiders81
06-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I agree with that, but I drafted brown b/c of his hands as well.

Devin
06-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Nothing wrong with brown at all as I said I believed him to be the #1 back.

R. Rich
06-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, if it'll make everyone feel better, my picks weren't that great. I got a bunch of bums w/ my 5 picks. I'll get it right one of these drafts.

Devin
06-08-2005, 04:03 PM
R. Rich has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

RetroRaiders81
06-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Wow, thats a shock

Sportsuser101
06-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Cadillac, Brown, Arrington and Benson is the order I rank the RBs for this draft.

Devin
06-08-2005, 04:11 PM
lol Arrington.

Sportsuser101
06-08-2005, 04:12 PM

Also I fail to see how I need a CB. I took the best player available which happened to be a CB. It would be pretty hard to find a better CB trio of Clements, Bly and Kelly. Also how do you figure that Ware won't have an amazing 1st year?

Sportsuser101
06-08-2005, 04:13 PM
lol Arrington.
Yup we will see in a few years.

Devin
06-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Also I fail to see how I need a CB. I took the best player available which happened to be a CB. It would be pretty hard to find a better CB trio of Clements, Bly and Kelly. Also how do you figure that Ware won't have an amazing 1st year?

I guess it was just coincidence. Eitherway as I said you had a solid draft.

Ware is a great player and will develop eventually into a solid starter. I simply dont believe he will make an impact next year.

Arrington isnt a bad back, wishful thinking to think he is currently better then the "big three" much less throwing Benson him behind him but I suspect thats merely because you didnt draft Benson. Otherwise hed be the best RB avail.

Sportsuser101
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I guess it was just coincidence. Eitherway as I said you had a solid draft.

Ware is a great player and will develop eventually into a solid starter. I simply dont believe he will make an impact next year.

Arrington isnt a bad back, wishful thinking to think he is currently better then the "big three" much less throwing Benson him behind him but I suspect thats merely because you didnt draft Benson. Otherwise hed be the best RB avail.
Might want to check my posts about Benson. I've always felt that way about him. It started last year when everyone thought he might come out early.

Like I said we will see.

L.A. Playa
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
here is my opinion on the debate of RB's Cadillac and Arrington in my opinion may have the best 1st years because of the teams and systems they are in. Benson is lined up to have a huge year if he doesnt platoon with Jones, otherwise an ok year, potential is there for a huge upside with Benson considering they want to be a running team. Ronnie Brown has alot to prove he has never been a starter and can he be durable enough to carry the ball every week 25 times a game behind a suspect O-Line in a division with 3 good to great defenses. As for Mike Williams he doesnt need him to have a huge 1st year, though I think he will, if he doesnt he can just hold on to Harrison another year or have the otion of getting rid of him. Cant argue with Jersey strengthening an already strong defense

Canadian'eh!
06-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Brown is just the most complete back. As good a runner as the other 2 but the difference is his recieving is far superior.