PDA

View Full Version : Wys Myth #ALL

colin
12-21-2002, 09:35 AM
"Wys is a good analyst"

The fact is, Wys makes analysis on part of the information only, looking at all the info makes his points questionable or even non sequitors, they are only salient because they are from partial data.

It reminds me of a Dilbert Comic strip, where the secretary tells the boss that 40% of sick days are taken on a Monday or a Friday, and he says they have to put a stop to it.

Judge
12-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Great post.

mackey789
12-21-2002, 11:11 AM
i hate reading his posts........he contradicts himself all the time

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 11:11 AM
When the village idiot (WCF posts) starts agreeing with your (wys)posts kinda sorta messes up your credibility.

Wys uses stats to say this and that guy sucks. WCF has nothing smart to back up his analysis.

colin
12-21-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
When the village idiot (WCF posts) starts agreeing with your posts kinda sorta messes up your credibility.

Wys uses stats to say this and that guy sucks. WCF has nothing smart to back up his analysis.

Using stats is good, but one cannot remove telling stats from analysis in order to suit one's purpose.

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 11:22 AM
wys makes a lot of valid points but refuses to see the big picture and seems to make a lot of mistakes due to judging players too early.

At the early part of the season he said "Drew sucks" . Then he changed to Drew's all that. And now he is starting to imply again that Drew's a mistake. He said the same thing about Henry and again, because of judging tooo early he was wrong.

I'm not saying that Drew is all that either but he is not as bad as wys makes him out to be. This is the first year the offense has played together with Gilbride as OC. We are starting to learn that we need to run the ball and throw deep like we did against the Fins. We are trying to achieve a balanced offensive system and we are slowly but surely getting there on our first year.

We didn't judge GW on his first year so why judge Drew/KB and co. on their first.

I however haven't seen KG having the ability to outsmart defenses thrown at him. I'll save season grade on him after the next two games.

WG
12-21-2002, 11:27 AM
Just,

I say he's an average QB. Not a poor one. I'm not saying that he sucks. I'm just saying that he's average. What we're hearing here and have heard prior is that he's great. Well, he isn't. There is nothing that bears that out.

The team loses the more he throws the ball. It wins the less he does. That's not something that I've made up.

With more "tools" than he's ever had to work with and a coach/O.C. that has given him WAY more opps than he should have gotten, he still doesn't appear to be able to match the outputs of his two best, and frankly, only two decent seasons in N.E. What gives!

Why do you guys continue to slam me instead of trying to refute the points made? You don't have any, fine. If you want to bust on me personally, then do it over the the Twilight Zone.

justasportsfan
12-21-2002, 11:33 AM
wys I will agree with you that as far as Drew being average this far down the season. However it's his first year and things will get better.

Didn't mean to and it's not my intention to slam you personally. It's just that your post seem to concentrate on Drew's shortcomming's and not giving him credit where credit is due.

As far as the WCF remark, I should've put a smiley face. Sorry! My bad.

LtBillsFan66
12-22-2002, 12:06 AM
Great post!

WG
12-22-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
wys I will agree with you that as far as Drew being average this far down the season. However it's his first year and things will get better.

Didn't mean to and it's not my intention to slam you personally. It's just that your post seem to concentrate on Drew's shortcomming's and not giving him credit where credit is due.

As far as the WCF remark, I should've put a smiley face. Sorry! My bad.

just,

I don't think Drew's got any shortage of credit coming his way. He got credit for doing nothing before the season even began. Meanwhile everyone talks about Henry as if he's only doing what he's doing b/c of Drew. I simply don't see it. Sorry so many people are having difficulty with that. It ain't ruinin' my evening. LOL

My criticisms of Drew do concentrate on his shortcomings, that's why they're criticisms, eh. I've also stated what's wrong w/ Henry too. How come no criticism over that? I just don't get it. You and others keep saying the same things but they're not true. I do give him credit where credit is due. But some people think he gets credit last week for Henry's performance when he played what has to be one of the worst 5 games of his career. How much credit would you like him to get for throwing the game away to the Raiders in that one? Or for not being able to do anything in both N.E. games? Or for not being able to lead the team to more than 16 points against the Chiefs in a loss? Or for tossing 2 INTs leading to 14 Jets points in the 2nd Jets game? The first two TDs BTW that put us down.

Good questions I'd say that no one has answered yet other than to say that it's the Ds fault that we couldn't score. Anyway, since Henry barely got any opportunities in most of those games, it seems fair that the brunt of the loss be shouldered by Drew. You and others still haven't answered why he's immune to any sort of responsibility. All I hear is how when he plays well he's responsible for the win. But when he plays poorly it's b/c the D was so obsessed in trying to stop him that the success of the other parts of the team are all b/c of that. Whatever...

Good questions I'd say.

You disagree. That's all you have to say. Drew's success in the NFL, for anyone honest enough to look at it objectively, is based largely on perception and always has. If you continue to attack my reasoning, then I'll defend it.

:shrug: What else can I do!

Let's just see how he plays tomorrow. I'm sure the excuse will be that it was cold and he couldn't handle the ball well or something like that. :rolleyes:

Ð
12-22-2002, 07:50 AM
His posts long ago took on the status of the rants of that crazy uncle that you try to avoid at a family gathering. You know the one...lost touch with reality @ 20 yrs ago, but tries to force his "truths" (as if he was a lawyer, preacher, or one of the founding fathers of football) down everyone's throats, whether they're listening or not. ;)