X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Miami waive Tim Bowens

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Dolphins wave Tim Bowen, this will probally led up to his retirement. This is probally why they brought in Traylor.

• Nublar7
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3675618

Dolphins wave Tim Bowen, this will probally led up to his retirement. This is probally why they brought in Traylor.
    Yep. This was known for awhile that this would happen. Tim Bowens has been a great player his entire career and it is very sad to see him leave the game. However, this really doesn't hurt Miami too bad because we still have Kevin Carter, Kieth Traylor and possibly Larry Chester is he can fully recover. I would really like to see us use a 4th round pick in the Supplemental Draft to pick up Manual Wright.

Sad to see you leave Timbo. You will be missed.

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
      • Aug 2004

:oldskool:
      micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Samphin1
        • Mar 2004

Yeah, it is too bad that this is how his career ended. The guy always took paycuts to help the team and never had a bad thing to say about anyone. He just did his job and did it well. A former rookie of the year and Pro Bowler. Class act all the way. It is the reason we brought in Traylor and may use a draft pick in the compensatory draft. Chester and Zgonina may follow Bowens out the door depending on the play of Vickerson, Romero and the rest of the young guys.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Timbo will be sorely missed. He clogged that middle for us nicely for years! Good luck Timbo!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Your run defense suffered without Timbo and Chester last year. LtFinFan is correct, you'll sorely miss him. Chester is not exactly the healthiest DT on the Fins. If y'all do switch to a 3-4 with Traylor at NT, his 34 y/o body will not be able to withstand FT duty, so you'll need a healthy Chester.

Many teams are looking at Wright. I do not believe a 4th will be enough. I think it will take a 3rd. Also, VERY important.....any team selecting him in the supplemental draft will need to their 2005 rookie pool to sign him. That team will NOT get an increase.

Comment

• Samphin1
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              Your run defense suffered without Timbo and Chester last year. LtFinFan is correct, you'll sorely miss him. Chester is not exactly the healthiest DT on the Fins. If y'all do switch to a 3-4 with Traylor at NT, his 34 y/o body will not be able to withstand FT duty, so you'll need a healthy Chester.

Many teams are looking at Wright. I do not believe a 4th will be enough. I think it will take a 3rd. Also, VERY important.....any team selecting him in the supplemental draft will need to their 2005 rookie pool to sign him. That team will NOT get an increase.

Well, Traylor was signed because of the TimBo retirement. Traylor is a big dude who can clog the middle just the same and allow Thomas to make the tackles. Chester's health is important, if he can't go, I can see saban almost going with a youth movement across the line. Vickerson, Romero, Wright from USC, and Traylor and Carter as well. If Chester is healthy, he probably holds off until next year to shift the pieces and keeps Chester, Zgonina, inside with Carter, Traylor and such.

Kevin Vickerson, our seventh rund draft choice is going to be a sleeper imo. I have been reading up and studying him lately and I think he will od some damage in this league. Just my opinion though.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Some Phin fans think TimBo is/was better than Sam Adams.

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis

They thought Larry Chester was better too.

Comment

• generalmills
                    • Sep 2003

He was very very good...I think its pretty close.

Comment

• Samphin1
                      • Mar 2004

Uhm, TimBo was a great player. Both are DT's but they played different roles. If I had to choose either in their prime, I would probably take...both No, I would take Bowens, strictly because the guy was seemingly never out of position and if you look at the history of our defense, we always excelled against the run when he was in. He basically forced teams to play a one dimensional style of offense.

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1
                        Uhm, TimBo was a great player. Both are DT's but they played different roles. If I had to choose either in their prime, I would probably take...both No, I would take Bowens, strictly because the guy was seemingly never out of position and if you look at the history of our defense, we always excelled against the run when he was in. He basically forced teams to play a one dimensional style of offense.
                        Bowens was a great player, but Adams has been equally important to the improvement of Buffalo's defense. I think the improvement in the Bills defensive rankings are a direct result of Adams play in the middle.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
                          Bowens was a great player, but Adams has been equally important to the improvement of Buffalo's defense. I think the improvement in the Bills defensive rankings are a direct result of Adams play in the middle.
                          Adams is good ( read: fat ) but the Bills were a pretty good defense before him, at least, they had some pieces. I don't know, I think it really is too close too call and depends on personal preference I guess. All I know is that Bowens is retired and was a lifelong fin who gave his all.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            • May 2004

In their respective primes, I would put Bowen ahead of Sam, but not by much. Sam is a heck of a DT, he does it all....stuffs the middle, gets pressure up the middle, and he is pretty darn consistent.

I honestly believe Sam made Pat Williams look a bit better than he was...even though I loved Pat as a Bill....I think we will see that Ron Edwards will pick up right where Pat left off....and might even net an improvement due to his pass rush skills.
                            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                            --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                            X