PDA

View Full Version : When Hockey returns

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 09:06 PM
What do you think will happen... reduction of teams, cheaper tix, etc?

I've been listening to the "know-it-alls" who think that many southern teams won't be coming back

Myers57
06-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I think tickets in general will be cheaper although I think all the teams will come back. There will be a huge hype for each teams first games and be lots of promotions in the future to lure back the fans...

Dozerdog
06-08-2005, 09:18 PM
If there is cost certainty- a cap- then the teams will all be back. Some may relocate if fans permanently tune them out.

I could see some poorly supported southern teams move back to canada- Like to Winnepeg or Quebec - if they got the costs under control.

Bill Brasky
06-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I could see some poorly supported southern teams move back to canada- Like to Winnepeg or Quebec - if they got the costs under control.

I would love to see that happen. Obviously I am not a Jets or Nordiques fan, but I felt bad for those cities when their teams moved to the more "glamorous" southern cities that already had several sports franchises. Hockey is a northern sport, keep it where it belongs.

I can't wait to finally see the Sabs play down here next season at the Garden and in Nassau... one of the few things I was looking forward to when I moved down here was going to Sabres games.

Canadian'eh!
06-08-2005, 11:38 PM
If there is cost certainty- a cap- then the teams will all be back. Some may relocate if fans permanently tune them out.

:bf1:

SkateZilla
06-09-2005, 05:41 AM
shi-t... if the teams dilution keeps up we might as well make some new Teams...

The Jamacian Rastas!

The AntArtic South Polers

The South American Cockroaches

The Mexico Burritos

The Miami Chimichancas

The Cuba Cigars

sh-it

move any team below 35^ North Lattitude Back up to Canada...

We Dont Need Anymore Southern Teams Putting their foot in the crease..

or southern Teams Claiming the warm weather is what makes the ice slush..

which goes along with my Theory on ICE REGULATIONS..

for cripes sake.. New Jersey Purposely lets their ice warm up to make it softer and harder to get high speed on.. and lil bit more puck bounces ..

anahiem makes their ice hard so pauly well.. now sergei kournakova (ooops :p) can skate by the defense like a ferrari on a highway...

generalmills
06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I think you are gonna see a large amount of empty seats for a very long time...I think that people will be less willing to forgive the NHL than the MLB. Here in Canada things will probably be alright because they just dont know any better/different. But down South I think the final nail is already in the coffin. :down:

Bill Brasky
06-09-2005, 02:36 PM
The nail was already hammered when teams started moving south (IE: Winnepeg, Minnesota). Legit hockey towns were abandoned.

SABURZFAN
06-09-2005, 05:24 PM
don't you mean IF hockey returns?

Bling
06-09-2005, 08:23 PM
The Miami Chimichancas

You do know the Florida Panthers are located in South Florida, right?

Michael82
06-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm curious to see what they will do with all the current high contracts to get teams under the new cap. Will they let teams start fresh with contracts? Make new contracts for the players? Or will they just force the players to take paycuts? or will everybody be a FA?

SkateZilla
06-10-2005, 01:32 AM
oh well

no 5.5 Million for Satan...