PDA

View Full Version : BZFL Exhibition Season Week #1 - June 20, 2005 - Updated Please Read

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
The first week of the 2005 Exhibition BZFL season will be on June 20.

Details forthcoming...and don't worry about injuries...they appear not to carry over to the regular season.

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Here are the games for Monday 6/20.

Away v. Home
New England Wookiees v. Canadian Radiation Knights
Philadelphia Bushwhackers v. Atlanta Screaming Vikings
Erie Assassins v. Los Angeles Aztecs
Rochester Rejects v. Houston Retro Raiders
New York Goldmine's v. Tampa Bay Tarpons
Oklahoma Outlaws v. Golden Brewsers of Denver
Kalamazoo Kamikaze Squirrels v. Los Angeles Playas
Ebenezer Norsemen v. Kansas City Super Deuces
Rochester Rampage v. Jersey Jaguars
Pittsburgh Fighting Shih-Tzus v. Spaz Spartans

Before Sunday night you much e-mail or PM to me your line ups. The easiest thing to do is to cut and paste the following posts into ONE PM or E-mail and fill in the blanks accordingly.

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Offensive Formations

Below you will fill out your "Basic" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field the most. Ideally this formation contains 2 RBs and 2 WRs and a TE, but you may have 1 RB and 3 WRs or 2 RBs and 3 WRs (no TE) Below you will fill out your "Basic 2" Formation which shouldcontain any minor adjustments you want to make to the starting lineup. (i.e. put in different RBs or WRs.) This is an optional step.
Basic Formation 1
Quarterback:
Running Back:
Fullback (or WR):
Wide Receiver 1:
Wide Receiver 2:
Tight End (or WR):
Left Tackle:
Left Guard:
Center:
Right Guard:
Right Tackle:

Basic Formation 2
Quarterback:
Running Back:
Fullback (or WR):
Wide Receiver 1:
Wide Receiver 2:
Tight End (or WR):

Do you want Pass 1 and Pass 2 to be the same?: Yes No
Below you will fill out your "Pass" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field for passing situations (i.e. 3rd down and long, etc.). You can have up to 5 WRs in this formation (empty backfield). However, it is recommended you include just 3 or 4 WR (if you have the standard formation) and if you want more, add them to Pass Formation 2. You can also sub in better pass blocking linemen if you have any. Below you will fill out your "Pass 2" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field for passing situations (i.e. 3rd down and long, etc.). You can have up to 5 WRs in this formation (empty backfield). You can add 1 or 2 more WRs depending on how you set up your Pass 1 formation. This is an optional step.
Pass Formation 1
Quarterback:
Running Back:
Fullback (or WR):
Wide Receiver 1:
Wide Receiver 2:
Tight End (or WR):
Left Tackle:
Left Guard:
Center:
Right Guard:
Right Tackle:

Pass Formation 2
Quarterback:
Running Back:
Fullback (or WR):
Wide Receiver 1:
Wide Receiver 2:
Tight End (or WR):

Do you want Run 1 and Run 2 to be the same?: Yes No
Below you will fill out your "Run" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field for running situations (i.e. short yardage and goal line). You can have up to 3 RBs or 3 TEs in this formation. You can vary the number of RBs and TEs between the 2 Run Formations Below you will fill out your "Run 2" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field for running situations (i.e. short yardage and goal line). You can have up to 3 RBs or 3 TEs in this formation. This is an optional step.
Run Formation 1
Quarterback:
Running Back:
Fullback (or TE 3):
Wide Receiver 1:
Wide Receiver 2 (or TE 2/RB 3):
Tight End 1:
Left Tackle:
Left Guard:
Center:
Right Guard:
Right Tackle:

Run Formation 2
Quarterback:
Running Back:
Fullback (or TE 3):
Wide Receiver 1:
Wide Receiver 2 (or TE 2/RB 3):
Tight End 1:

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Below you will fill out your "Special Teams" Formation. You may only use players that are eligible to return kicks and/or punts.
KR = Kick Returner
PR = Punt Returner
RET = Both Kick and Punt Returner
H = Holder
LS = Long Snapper
GUN = Special Teams Gunner

Failure to have eligible Holder, Long Snapper or 2 Special Teams Gunner will result in poor special teams play (botched snaps, holds, allowing big returns.)

Special Teams
Field Goal Kicker:
Kickoff Kicker:
Punter:
Punt Returner:
Kick Returner 1:
Kick Returner 2:
Kick Returner 3:
Holder:
Long Snapper:
Special Teams Gunner:
Special Teams Gunner:

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Below you will fill out your "Basic" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field the most. Ideally this formation contains 4 DEs, 1 ILB, 2 OLBs, 2 CBs and 2 S, but you may run a 3-4 defense, taking out the Right DT for a 2nd ILB.
Basic Formation 1
Left DE:
Right DE:
Left DT :
Right DT (or Left ILB):
Right ILB:
Left OLB :
Right OLB :
CB 1 :
CB 2 :
S 1 :
S 2 :

Nickel:
Below you will fill out your "Nickel" Formation which means you sub out a LB or DT for an extra CB or S. This is used on most passing downs for the offense. You may use 2 DTs, 2 LBs, and 5 DBs or 1 DT, 3 LBs and 5 DBs
Left DT :
Right DT (or extra LB):
LB:
OLB only:
Nickel Back (5th DB):

Dime:
Below you will fill out your "Dime" Formation which means you sub out a LB and DT (or 2 LBs) for 2 extra CB or S. This is used on passing downs where the offense is likely to use 4 or 5 WRs. You may use 2 DTs, 1 LB, and 6 DBs or 1 DT, 2 LBs and 6 DBs
Left DT :
Right DT (or extra LB):
LB:
Nickel Back (5th DB):
Dime Back (6th DB):

Quarter:
Below you will fill out your "Quarter" Formation which means you sub out 2 LBs and DT (or 3 LBs) for 3 extra CB or S. This is used on passing downs where the offense is likely to use 4 or 5 WRs and needs a lot of yardage for a 1st down (prevent defense). You may use 2 DE, 2 DTs, 0 LB, and 7 DBs or 2 DE, 1 DT, 1 LB and 7 DBs
Left DT :
Right DT (or extra LB):
Nickel Back (5th DB):
Dime Back (6th DB):
Quarter Back (7th DB)

Run Formations:
Below you will fill out your "Run 1" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field for running situations (i.e. short yardage and goal line). You can have up to 5 DLs in this formation. You may use 2 DT, 1 DL, 3 LBs, 1 CB, 1 S and 1 DB or 2 DE, 1 DT, 1 DL, 4 LBs, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 DB
Left DT :
Right DT (or LB):
Extra DL:
RILB:
LOLB:
ROLB:
CB:
S:
DB:

Below you will fill out your "Run 2" Formation which should contain the starters you want on the field for running situations (i.e. short yardage and goal line). You can have up to 6 DLs in this formation. You may use 2 DE, 2 DT, 2 DL, 3 LBs and 2 DBs or 2 DE, 1 DT, 2 DL, 4 LBs and 2 DBs
Left DT :
Right DT (or LB):
Extra DL 1:
Extra DL 2:
RILB:
LOLB:
ROLB:
DB 1
DB 2:

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 06:49 PM
REMINDER: There is a 25% performance penalty if a player plays out of his natural position. The penalty is more if the player makes an extreme switch. A Guard not eligibile to play Center will incur a 25% rating penalty if he plays there while a LB playing CB will suffer more than a 25% penalty. Penalties do occur if you try to play an ILB at an OLB position and vice versa, same for DE at a DT slot. Of course if a player is rated at multiple positions (C-G, LB, DL, DB), then there is no penalty.

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:09 PM
REMINDER: There is a 25% performance penalty if a player plays out of his natural position. The penalty is more if the player makes an extreme switch. A Guard not eligibile to play Center will incur a 25% rating penalty if he plays there while a LB playing CB will suffer more than a 25% penalty. Penalties do occur if you try to play an ILB at an OLB position and vice versa, same for DE at a DT slot. Of course if a player is rated at multiple positions (C-G, LB, DL, DB), then there is no penalty.

But not a FS playing SS or vice versa???? interesting because then we could have drafted 2 SS's that are not as hard to come by asa good FS. interesting.

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh and ry... i mean regs... you're so going down.

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Eb.... do you want us to fill out all this info in our own threads or right here or somewhere else?

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Eb.... do you want us to fill out all this info in our own threads or right here or somewhere else?
if you want it to be public knowledge you can do it in the thread I will start for each week (i.e., for 6/20 you can do it in this thread). If you want to keep it secret PM or e-mail it to me.

Ebenezer
06-09-2005, 08:36 PM
BTW, in formations where there are only 7 players listed or whatever, it is assumed that you will be playing your best players at the other spots...if you want to fill out the full 11 please do.

The Spaz
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Rookies can't play right?

ryjam282
06-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Your rookies are only allowed to play against my team

:snicker:

The King
06-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I will post all roster notes in the official GB's thread.

Ebenezer
06-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Rookies can't play right?
correct...they have not played in the NFL therefore they do not exist.

ryjam282
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Eb, I sent you an email with my 3 sets of lineups. Can you confirm to me that you got them? Thanks.

The Spaz
06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Eb, I sent you an email with my 3 sets of lineups. Can you confirm to me that you got them? Thanks.

I sent in my lineups as well please confirm.:up::beers:

RetroRaiders81
06-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Can someone maybe send me a example of what it should look like, so I dont screw it up.

Ebenezer
06-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Can someone maybe send me a example of what it should look like, so I dont screw it up.
use the posts above and simply fill in the blanks.

Forward_Lateral
06-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Mine are in, Eb can you confirm that you got it and everything was ok?

MikeInRoch
06-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I'm surprised no one has come up with point spreads for the games yet...

Canadian'eh!
06-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Eb... let me know that you got my lineups. i emailed them to you.

Michael82
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
My lineups have been sent to you. :up:

Sabre Ally
06-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Eb, I'll have to do this at home this evening. I can't concentrate on it here at work. Sorry.

ryjam282
06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Eb, have you received anyone's lineup? You haven't responded to any of the posts in here. Please confirm you got my Super Deuces lineup, thanks.

Canadian'eh!
06-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Eb, have you received anyone's lineup? You haven't responded to any of the posts in here. Please confirm you got my Super Deuces lineup, thanks.
and your wookies lineup too i hope.

RetroRaiders81
06-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Just sent mine, Im sure theres a mistake or two.

ryjam282
06-20-2005, 06:57 AM
and your wookies lineup too i hope.

:nervous:

Ebenezer
06-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I have just about everybody's line-up. Still a couple out there yet.