PDA

View Full Version : Former bills QB;s band a rockin

ticatfan
06-09-2005, 02:51 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/06/09/flutie_brothers_band_rocks_on/

pleasesavedrew
06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Kim Mitchell mocked him at the unvailing

ticatfan
06-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Kim Mitchell mocked him at the unvailingI seen him a couple of times when he was max webster, I think.

The_Philster
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Kim Mitchell mocked him at the unvailing

Yeah :lol: He was at an Argo's game and during a timeout, they were blaring a Flutie Brother's version of one of his songs...some guy came up to Mitchell and asked who butchered the hell out of his song...he pointed at the midget

Jan Reimers
06-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Why won't you Flutie bashers leave it alone? All he did was win here for chrissakes. If football were a popularity contest, the arrogant, rude and self-centered Bruce Smith should be at the top of your hate list.

generalmills
06-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Why won't you Flutie bashers leave it alone? All he did was win here for chrissakes. If football were a popularity contest, the arrogant, rude and self-centered Bruce Smith should be at the top of your hate list.

but for some reason I like Bruce...I wonder why that is??? suggestions?? and why is flutie playing an instrument worthy of news? i hope that the lions boards are not full with posts because Joey decided to tickle the ivory on a saturday night....why wont flutie just go back to the land of oz already??? :blowup:

The_Philster
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM

Last I checked, there are more players on the team than the QB...the defense carried us in 99..made up for Flutie's screwups enough to get us into the playoffs :peace:

Jan Reimers
06-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Flutie was the only winning QB we've had since Kelly, but you bashers resent it so much that all you can do is ***** about him.

You Flutie haters are way smaller than Doug on many levels.

I actually never think about him anymore, except when one of you posts a hate thread, because he's now a non-issue. Some of you just can't let it go, however. He saved the franchise, for pete's sake, but you'll never get it.

The_Philster
06-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Some of us resent the fact that his one good season made him God to some...he was an average QB...had a very good season in 98 which helped fill the luxury boxes...and Ralph rewarded him by having Butler give him a grossly overdone contract...coaches saw how Belichek was able to keep a handle on him in 98 and adapted their schemes against us to help Flutie come back down to Earth.
No one's taking any credit away from him for 98...but face it...the guy was average at best in 99 and was a cancer in the locker room after his benching

The_Philster
06-09-2005, 06:53 PM
and for the record, the thread was started by a Flutie lover

Mr. Cynical
06-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Some of us resent the fact that his one good season made him God to some...he was an average QB...had a very good season in 98 which helped fill the luxury boxes...and Ralph rewarded him by having Butler give him a grossly overdone contract...coaches saw how Belichek was able to keep a handle on him in 98 and adapted their schemes against us to help Flutie come back down to Earth.
No one's taking any credit away from him for 98...but face it...the guy was average at best in 99 and was a cancer in the locker room after his benchingTo be honest, you could substitute Drew for Flutie in this paragraph and not much would need to change. Both QBs had top 3 defenses to help them. Both had bad contracts (although Drew's hurt alot more). However the two main differences are Drew had a real running game and that the last time we made the playoffs was with Flutie. I'm not a Flutie lover, but he made the Bills a better team than Drew did IMO.

P.S. I'm not saying you are a Drew lover. I'm just putting this out there for those who bash Flutie and praise Drew.

lordofgun
06-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Mullet bands rock!

ticatfan
06-10-2005, 08:22 AM
No one's taking any credit away from him for 98...but face it...the guy was average at best in 99 and was a cancer in the locker room after his benchingCancer? The only cancer was the guy that benched flutie, that guy cost you a superbowl or at least a good chance of getting there . If the team was divided ,it was not flutie's fault. The guys that back flutie in the locker were the guys that new they could win with him playeing,not sackman rob.And phil if he just was a average QB ,he would not still be in the NFL after all these years. Average QB's comes and goes, good ones stay.

The_Philster
06-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Cancer? The only cancer was the guy that benched flutie, that guy cost you a superbowl or at least a good chance of getting there . If the team was divided ,it was not flutie's fault. The guys that back flutie in the locker were the guys that new they could win with him playeing,not sackman rob.He shot off his big mouth to the press saying that we would've won had he played. How could he know that? The guy was throwing picks all season long...he might very well have had a worse game that day than RJ did. The only way Flutie could've guaranteed a win was by playing for Daryl Porter on KO coverage and staying in his lane. The blind devotion shown in your post is a part of what makes him so hated.

generalmills
06-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Cancer? The only cancer was the guy that benched flutie, that guy cost you a superbowl or at least a good chance of getting there . If the team was divided ,it was not flutie's fault. The guys that back flutie in the locker were the guys that new they could win with him playeing,not sackman rob.And phil if he just was a average QB ,he would not still be in the NFL after all these years. Average QB's comes and goes, good ones stay.

If I can remember corretly RJ had the bills in position to win that game....oh ya thats right... if flutie would have played he would have convinced the coaches to not kick the ball short then he would have not only made the tackle on special teams at the titans 2 but also forced a fumble and ran his small little legs in for a touchdown eh?

TedMock
06-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Last I checked, there are more players on the team than the QB...the defense carried us in 99..made up for Flutie's screwups enough to get us into the playoffs :peace:

Don't bother. I tried this argument. I even pointed out that our offensive production was just over 14 ppg. Luckily the defense scored a few. Statistically, Bledsoe put up more points than Flutie. For some reason people give him credit for winning which is just obsurd. Why not give Dusty Ziegler a ton of credit for the victories. After all, he was our starting center in 98 and 99. All he did was win! He also started in the superbowl with the Giants. I think we stop giving Flutie credit, and start giving more to Dusty Ziegler. :loner:

generalmills
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Don't bother. I tried this argument. I even pointed out that our offensive production was just over 14 ppg. Luckily the defense scored a few. Statistically, Bledsoe put up more points than Flutie. For some reason people give him credit for winning which is just obsurd. Why not give Dusty Ziegler a ton of credit for the victories. After all, he was our starting center in 98 and 99. All he did was win! He also started in the superbowl with the Giants. I think we stop giving Flutie credit, and start giving more to Dusty Ziegler. :loner:

all hail Dusty!!! :lmao: :goodpost:

The_Philster
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM

logic simply doesn't work with the blind fanatics.. I know the women think he's cute..but why would men love him so much?
Honestly, I don't think talk of him would be met with such venom if he wasn't regarded as a God of sorts after 1 good season

ticatfan
06-10-2005, 01:53 PM
He shot off his big mouth to the press saying that we would've won had he played. How could he know that? The guy was throwing picks all season long...he might very well have had a worse game that day than RJ did. The only way Flutie could've guaranteed a win was by playing for Daryl Porter on KO coverage and staying in his lane. The blind devotion shown in your post is a part of what makes him so hated.The NFL is full of BIG MOUTHS. Its your blind hatred of the guy , that makes you fans look like idiots. 21/9 phil ,we won you alot of games. And he made bills football exciting again. So what has happened since he left, frig all.

The_Philster
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Blind hatred? :rofl: Blind devotion to his faults is what makes it look like blind hatred. I like you, ticat...not like a lot of the Canada bashers but you don't have a clue what you're talking about with that comment. At least when guys like Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly shot off their mouths, they backed up with solid play...not with critical fumbles on the goalline or tucking in the ball to be a hotshot instead of throwing for the easy TD. I had seasons the years Flutie was here and as exciting as he could be, it was also maddening to see Moulds and Reed waving for him to throw the ball and Flutie decides he has to be the star.

ticatfan
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Well I think we went all thru this years ago.lol I am going home soon for the weekend, so have a good one your self and hopefully these posts will be buried come monday. LOL

The_Philster
06-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Well I think we went all thru this years ago.lol I am going home soon for the weekend, so have a good one your self and hopefully these posts will be buried come monday. LOL:wave: Have a good weekend yourself, buddy :up: