PDA

View Full Version : Rate my draft!

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 03:45 PM
I'll elaborate more here. No matter what the grades come out to, I am very happy with my draft. i felt i got great value and also filled my biggest needs.

here's the picks:

Round Player Position
1 Adam "Pacman" Jones CB
2 Kevin Burnett OLB
3 Jason Campbell QB
4 Josh Bullocks FS
4 Maurice Clarett RB
4 Chris Henry WR
5 Elton Brown G
7 Joel Dreesen TE
8 Michael Boley OLB
8 Sean Considine S
8 Jovan Haye DE

L.A. Playa
06-09-2005, 03:53 PM
good draft

R. Rich
06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Not bad. Good value late w/ Boley and Haye. I had Haye on my original list, but then I moved up into another 5th round pick to go after Chris Canty, who I got. Also like the Campbell pick.

I'll give this draft a B.

Sportsuser101
06-09-2005, 05:29 PM
A+ Great Draft. I can see at least 8 guys becoming starters fairly easily.

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm curious as to who gave me a C and why.... just wondering where you thought i went wrong.

L.A. Playa
06-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Your Canadian and your whole team sucks LOL next time make it a public poll

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Your Canadian and your whole team sucks LOL next time make it a public poll

this would be mroe entertaining if you were in my division.... and eb... can you pin the divisons again?

I know retro is in mine, but i can't remember the rest.

(i also wish i had taken over the maine men instead as it would have been closer to my actual location and i like that divison a lot)

L.A. Playa
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I dont care what division your in, your team still sucks LOL JK

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:17 PM
I dont care what division your in, your team still sucks LOL JK

really?

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:18 PM
reallllllly..... you know i was gonna say you had a pretty good O going there... i just hope they can score the 60 points a game to cover that ****ty D.

L.A. Playa
06-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I dont care if my Defense gives up 21 pts a game, my offense will put out 35 pts a game

L.A. Playa
06-09-2005, 07:22 PM
hey Canada dont get panties in a bunch ya team dont suck

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2005, 07:38 PM
hey Canada dont get panties in a bunch ya team dont suck

freindly smack talk... don't sweat it.. let's take it to the trash talk thread tho.

Canadian'eh!
06-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey Rich... hook me up with your pick by pick grades a la Mikey's draft.

Canadian'eh!
06-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Just for kics I'm gonna grade my own picks a bit.

Round Player Position
1 Adam "Pacman" Jones CB - A: Like whoever you want a CB. Tory James will need to be replaced in a year or 2 and he will be the guy to do it. was a good pick for the slot I had.

2 Kevin Burnett OLB - B-: maybe a bit high. i like him a lot personally and think he was one of the op 3 LB's in the draft. probably #1 of the guys who aren't making the switch from DE.

3 Jason Campbell QB - A-: Great value in the 3rd round. I like him 10x better thand Rodgers. Not crazy about his situation in washington, but i like his abilities.

4 Josh Bullocks FS - B+: 2nd best natural FS in the draft, could end up being the best. Pool was gone and he's just about right in the 4th.

4 Maurice Clarett RB - C+: we all know Clarett's history. He is a major risk. But in Denver he could actually make good on the potential he once showed.

4 Chris Henry WR - C+: Another major risk. He has talent, even being comapared to Randy Moss but slightly slower. But his Character is a question mark and he is buried ont he depth chart in Cincy.

5 Elton Brown G - C+: Another talented risk. most talented G in the draft, but will he get lazy?

7 Joel Dreesen TE - B: Forgotten about TE can block fairly well and is a good receiver. a great pickin round 7. could be a starter someday.

8 Michael Boley OLB - B: solid pick in round 8. I would expect him to make his team and eventually become a starter.

8 Sean Considine S - B-: good S prospect that has a lot of people ahead of him on the depth chart in Phi.

8 Jovan Haye DE - C+: dropped bigtime on draft day but the Colts are the same team that spotted Freeney (albiet in the 1st round)... could surprise people.

R. Rich
06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Hey Rich... hook me up with your pick by pick grades a la Mikey's draft.

Here ya go, O Canada.

Jones: A (one of the best cover men in the draft; will hit you!!; think of 'Toine Winfield w/ more speed)
Burnett: B (knee injury concerns are exaggerated; great sideline to sideline LB)
Campbell: B (I had him 2nd on my board of the QBs, just ahead of Smith; Rodgers was my top QB)
Bullocks: B (should be a solid safety in the pros; lacking in run support)
Clarrett: C (if injuries, lack of speed, and immaturity can be overcome, his grade will be higher)
Henry: C (great speed/size; awful character; could move up w/ great coaching)
Brown: A (best G in the draft; laziness tag let him slip-teams will be sorry)
Dreesen: C (more H back than TE; not a solid blocker; is a good receiver though)
Boley: A (great talent and excellent value; could be this draft's Michael Boulware, moving to SS and having great success)
Considine: B (was shooting up many teams' board leading up to the draft; may have trouble seeing the field in crowded Iggles secondary)
Haye: C (great pass rusher, not as physical as you'd like in run support though; he was on my list to draft around the 5th round before I made my trades)

Overall: B (great value for most of your picks, especially Brown, Considine, and Boley)

Canadian'eh!
06-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Here ya go, O Canada.

Jones: A (one of the best cover men in the draft; will hit you!!; think of 'Toine Winfield w/ more speed)
Burnett: B (knee injury concerns are exaggerated; great sideline to sideline LB)
Campbell: B (I had him 2nd on my board of the QBs, just ahead of Smith; Rodgers was my top QB)
Bullocks: B (should be a solid safety in the pros; lacking in run support)
Clarrett: C (if injuries, lack of speed, and immaturity can be overcome, his grade will be higher)
Henry: C (great speed/size; awful character; could move up w/ great coaching)
Brown: A (best G in the draft; laziness tag let him slip-teams will be sorry)
Dreesen: C (more H back than TE; not a solid blocker; is a good receiver though)
Boley: A (great talent and excellent value; could be this draft's Michael Boulware, moving to SS and having great success)
Considine: B (was shooting up many teams' board leading up to the draft; may have trouble seeing the field in crowded Iggles secondary)
Haye: C (great pass rusher, not as physical as you'd like in run support though; he was on my list to draft around the 5th round before I made my trades)

Overall: B (great value for most of your picks, especially Brown, Considine, and Boley)
:posrep: thanks