PDA

View Full Version : Verba officially released

Dicknoze69
06-09-2005, 08:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2081541

Verba, 31, is now a free agent and free to sign with another club. Among the teams that are likely to be most interested in him are the Houston Texans, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs. Condon has said that, assuming there are multiple teams interested in his client, Verba may want to visit with coaches and club officials before making a decision on his future.

I know the Cards have a ton of cap room, but they have Leonard Davis.

Turf
06-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I would spend all my money on linemen, but that's me. Hopefully we look seriously at him.

BidsJr
06-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Plus he is a HAWKEYE baby!!!!!!!!!! :goodpost:

THATHURMANATOR
06-10-2005, 08:02 AM
I would love if we could get him in here.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-10-2005, 08:03 AM
wow...Verba would definately put this team into serious contention this year. If we can afford him somehow (Ok Mike Williams...its time to take one for the team buddy);
I would be elated. I would seriously jump up from my desk and dance a jig.
Here's hoping......but not expecting....

carybillsfan
06-10-2005, 08:12 AM
He wants $7.5mil/year no way we pay him that.

ryven
06-10-2005, 08:49 AM
He wants $7.5mil/year no way we pay him that.

I am not sure any team will pay him that type of money.

Dicknoze69
06-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I am not sure any team will pay him that type of money.

Exactly. What he wants and what the market dictates that he will receive are two very different things. The market is very depressed right now, with only 5 or so teams looking at him.

Patti120
06-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Exactly. What he wants and what the market dictates that he will receive are two very different things. The market is very depressed right now, with only 5 or so teams looking at him.

He'd be a great addition but I'm guessing that someone will offer him more $$ than we are willing to part ways with. That plus the fact that Peters can play Tackle, QB, Punter, Tailback, etc...

Voltron
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Peters is still a project and in no way could even hold Verba’s Jock Strap. I like the kid but he is by no means ready to be an elite Left Tackle. I am sure some team will offer him more than we will. TD just doesn’t over pay like a majority of the other teams out there. :shakeno:

djjimkelly
06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
although i think he would make a very fine addition to our team and would be on paper an upgrade over what we have at LT. these comments concern me.

NFL | Cash and Commitment Needed to Sign Verba - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:09:00 -0700

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Plain Dealer, reports free agent OT Ross Verba said he plans to start making visits to teams next week. He said his agent, Tom Condon, told him that 10 teams have already called to express interest. He wouldn't reveal which ones, but did name a few he'd like to play for. "I'm interested mostly in the teams that need tackles," he said. "I'd like to play for San Diego, Houston, Buffalo, Chicago, Kansas City, San Francisco, someone like that." Verba said he will tell teams not to all unless they will be offering a big, multiyear contract. When asked how big, Verba replied, "$35 million." "If I don't get what I want, I'll walk away from the game and hold my head up high."

sure 35 mil over 10 years lol i m kidding but i see no way he signs with us at a 7 mil on avg a year cap number i think hes a 3-4 mil a year player thats about it

BuffaloRanger
06-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Wait, this guy's full of crap! The Bills don't need a LT!

Sorry, I'd love to have him 3years 10 mil with a 2mil bonus but that's about it.

The Bills won't show any interest.

Any GM can sign a guy like Verba, but to pluck a starting LT (Gandy) off the trash heap right out from under every other GMs nose would prove TD is a genius. TD doesn't want to give up that opportunity.

Dicknoze69
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Those comments are slightly scary, but if he wants to walk away, more power to him.

I'd still bring him in for a visit to meet with him, but if he really wants $35 million, he can go someplace else or retire.

ExWNYer
06-10-2005, 11:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2081541

Verba, 31, is now a free agent and free to sign with another club. Among the teams that are likely to be most interested in him are the Houston Texans, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs. Condon has said that, assuming there are multiple teams interested in his client, Verba may want to visit with coaches and club officials before making a decision on his future.

I know the Cards have a ton of cap room, but they have Leonard Davis.

So they can have Verba and the Bills can pick up Leonard after Arizona cuts him. ;) :lol!:

Exactly. He's got to aim high knowing he'll have to come off his price. He'll most likely weigh the highest offers and take one that fairly compensates him and gives him the chance to be on a contender.

Wait, this guy's full of crap! The Bills don't need a LT!

Sorry, I'd love to have him 3years 10 mil with a 2mil bonus but that's about it.

The Bills won't show any interest.

Any GM can sign a guy like Verba, but to pluck a starting LT (Gandy) off the trash heap right out from under every other GMs nose would prove TD is a genius. TD doesn't want to give up that opportunity.

Wow. You're one bitter and broken dead horsebeater. :nuk:

Bulldog
06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
. You're one bitter and broken dead horsebeater. :nuk:

I just posted basically the same thing in another thread.