PDA

View Full Version : I don't mean to be a Scrooge but 2003 is right around the corner

Ebenezer
12-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Anybody here anything on the lease agreement. After the 2003 season the Bills can buy out the lease for $20 mil (and each year that price goes down by $2 mil) and leave town. Has anybody heard any word about new negotiations. Are our elected officials just going to trust that the team will stay here until Ralph passes away???

Tick...tick...tick...

The_Philster
12-21-2002, 01:09 PM
I was thinking about that just a few weeks ago. It's such a scary thought...losing the team...that I blocked it out. Hopefully, Jack and the other Blue Coats are helping ensure club sales as well as season tickets this year.

Ebenezer
12-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Ticket sales and box seats are not going to be the problem...they have to figure out how to put up more boxes...get that train station built...get more lots for people to park in. the bills will want the revenue that they don't have to share with the other teams.

WG
12-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Heck, if biz picks up, I'll buy a stinkin' box. :D

Wouldn't that be nice!

But woe is Buffalo once the Bills leave if that were ever to happen. Scary thought! It's the only real game in town.

Maybe Rochester will buy them out! :D

WG
12-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Or Elmira!

Typ0
12-21-2002, 02:21 PM
I thought it was going to be Batavia.

northernbillfan
12-21-2002, 02:21 PM
Or Edmonton...:ontome:

TigerJ
12-21-2002, 06:21 PM
I don't think Ralph Wilson is inclined to move Buffalo at this point in time. The real question mark surrounds Ralph Wilson's eventual demise. He's in good health as far as anyone knows, but the man is 80. His estate does not have enough cash to pay the "death taxes" on the value of the Bills franchise. The family will almost certainly have to sell the team. The question ultimately is, are there any potential owners out there with enough Buffalo connections to want to keep the team in Buffalo. If the debacle surrounding the sale of the Sabres is any indication, the future is not rosy. The difference is the Bills have a history of profitablility at least. Not every NFL team can boast that, and there is no guarantee a new owner could do better by moving.

RedEyE
12-21-2002, 06:27 PM
:grind: the Sabres and the Bills leaving town ~ UNACCEPTABLE

:sadwalk:

BillyT92679
12-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Golisano is the best bet. Wealthiest guy around.

Ð
12-21-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Or Edmonton...:ontome:

Yep, Edmonton needs a football team

BillyT92679
12-21-2002, 08:08 PM
I posited this scenario last Sunday before the Bills Chargers game to John Murphy and Paul Peck on the pregame show. I think Upstate NY needs the Bills to stay to help it remain viable. I am worried about who will buy the Bills, but I think, as long as we get a team in LA, then the Bills will remain in Buffalo. Sun Belt areas, even with their large populations, are not good sports markets, especially for football (the ultimate blue collar sport) Arizona is a great example of a big media market not supporting the NFL at all.

Novacane
12-21-2002, 09:21 PM
Once LA gets their team where else is an NFL team gonna go?

Mr. Miyagi
12-21-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Once LA gets their team where else is an NFL team gonna go?
Puerto Rico? :D

clumping platelets
12-21-2002, 10:58 PM
Wys!!

How about a "BFZ Box"

I wonder how much that would cost :huh: