2. Matt Jones WR
2a. Khalif Barnes OT
3. J.J. Arrington RB
5. Lofa Tatupu ILB
6. Andrew Walter QB
6b. Trai Essex OG
7. Marviel Underwood S

What do you guys think?

I took some players at positions where I have some high priced vets and hopefully these guys pan out so I can cut some big time salaries.

R. Rich
06-10-2005, 09:18 AM
I like a lot of those picks. Jones will be a good WR in time, I believe. Underwood is a guy who I had targeted for my 8th round pick on my original draft board, so I like that one a lot. Barnes, Arrington, and Tatupu were really nice value picks where you got them. Essex is the only pick I didn't like that much. I just don't care for any OL, especially ones slated for the interior positions, who don't play w/ aggression, which Essex does not. He also has injury concerns that may curtail his development. Getting "Lights Out" Merriman in the first was a nice move. A great hitter/tackler who is a superb pass rusher, arguably the best pass rusher in the entire draft.

L.A. Playa
06-10-2005, 10:01 AM
your team still sucks as did your draft LOL JK

ryjam282
06-10-2005, 10:09 AM
I like a lot of those picks. Jones will be a good WR in time, I believe. Underwood is a guy who I had targeted for my 8th round pick on my original draft board, so I like that one a lot. Barnes, Arrington, and Tatupu were really nice value picks where you got them. Essex is the only pick I didn't like that much. I just don't care for any OL, especially ones slated for the interior positions, who don't play w/ aggression, which Essex does not. He also has injury concerns that may curtail his development. Getting "Lights Out" Merriman in the first was a nice move. A great hitter/tackler who is a superb pass rusher, arguably the best pass rusher in the entire draft.

Thanks R. Rich. I was so pupmed to get Merriman where I did (15th overall), I actually have been trying to trade up to get him before the draft cause I didn't think he would last and he is definitely my future at OLB or DE. I have a 10Mil player at OLB and a 7.5 mil player at DE that I can dump if he pans out. As far as Essex goes, my line, especially my guards are very young and I figured if he works out great, if not, no biggie. I was happy with getting Khalif Barnes too as well as Matt Jones. I can wait a few years for him to develop too.

Pmacla...I WILL OWN YOU!!!

L.A. Playa
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Ryjam dont Playa hate

ryjam282
06-10-2005, 10:37 AM
No hatin, just Playas hurtin....During the season