X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

But Seriously Folks...

Here's my 2005 rookie draft. Fire away...

ERIE ASSASSINS' 2005 ROOKIE DRAFT PICKS

Round 1 (#2) Derrick Johnson, LB, University of Texas
    Round 1 (#19) Thomas Davis, S/LB, University of Georgia

Round 4 (#19) Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Florida State

Round 5 (#2) Marion Barber III, RB, University of Minnesota
    Round 5 (#4) Chris Canty, DE, University of Virginia
    Attached Files
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

The fact you got DJ and Davis in the first was awesome. Davis is a heavy hitter and I think after a year or so of development will be a solid player. I love the Canty pick late, I watched him a lot at VA. He is a little injury prone but when hes healthy hes a monster. A steal that late.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Dammit... I wanted to give you a low mark. but i have to give this draft an A because of your 1st round and the fact i really like your last 2 picks.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Devin
        The fact you got DJ and Davis in the first was awesome. Davis is a heavy hitter and I think after a year or so of development will be a solid player. I love the Canty pick late, I watched him a lot at VA. He is a little injury prone but when hes healthy hes a monster. A steal that late.
        Just like it sucked that I missed out on Antonio Gates in the stocking draft, it really sucked that I missed out on two guys I wanted a little later on in WR Jerome Mathis and RB Eric Shelton. Thorpe is nice and all, but I'd rather have Mathis. Same w/ Barber. He's good, but I wanted Shelton.

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
          Dammit... I wanted to give you a low mark. but i have to give this draft an A because of your 1st round and the fact i really like your last 2 picks.
          I wouldn't give it an A. Maybe a B, but a lot will depend on how effective Thorpe is as a receiver. He should get every chance to prove himself w/ the release of Morton and Kennison. As for Canty, if he comes back strong from the injuries, then I made out okay. If not, then my draft becomes almost entirely about my first round picks.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I think late drafting is what gets the grade we all know enough to be able to make early picks.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
              I think late drafting is what gets the grade we all know enough to be able to make early picks.
              Agreed. Being able to get good value in later rounds is how you get the kind of depth you need.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by R. Rich
                I wouldn't give it an A. Maybe a B, but a lot will depend on how effective Thorpe is as a receiver. He should get every chance to prove himself w/ the release of Morton and Kennison. As for Canty, if he comes back strong from the injuries, then I made out okay. If not, then my draft becomes almost entirely about my first round picks.

I like Canty a lot... he's 1st round talent. Those injuries are going to be just fine as far as i've heard lately... they even think he will be ready to go for camp.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Nobody wants to rate my sorry draft?

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

No one rated mine either rich its ok.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• R. Rich
                      • Apr 2003

No one rated mine either rich its ok. :hug:
                      I rated yours........didn't I?

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

No you commented on mine though.
                        It was all

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

No you commented on mine though.
                          It's rated also.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

yeah rich... i guess i was a bit hasty because you had 2 solid 1's and i liked your 4/5 picks... i like who you took, but i'm going to change my grade to a B due to only having 5 picks.

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                              yeah rich... i guess i was a bit hasty because you had 2 solid 1's and i liked your 4/5 picks... i like who you took, but i'm going to change my grade to a B due to only having 5 picks.
                              I just couldn't see giving my overall draft an A. My breakdown:

DJ: A (he was the best defensive player on my board; a true playmaker)
                              Davis: A (toughness and versatility; no one will run on the Assassins!)
                              Thorpe: C (great leaper and good speed, but underachiever)
                              Barber: C (runs well, catches well, needs to run lower and w/ more patience)
                              Canty: B (good value, seems to have recovered well from leg and eye injuries, could become a force on my defensive line)

Overall: B (Thorpe and Barber could bring this up...........or down.)

Comment

Working...
                              X