PDA

View Full Version : But Seriously Folks...

R. Rich
06-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Here's my 2005 rookie draft. Fire away...

ERIE ASSASSINS' 2005 ROOKIE DRAFT PICKS

Round 1 (#2) Derrick Johnson, LB, University of Texas
Round 1 (#19) Thomas Davis, S/LB, University of Georgia

Round 4 (#19) Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Florida State

Round 5 (#2) Marion Barber III, RB, University of Minnesota
Round 5 (#4) Chris Canty, DE, University of Virginia

Devin
06-10-2005, 10:24 AM
The fact you got DJ and Davis in the first was awesome. Davis is a heavy hitter and I think after a year or so of development will be a solid player. I love the Canty pick late, I watched him a lot at VA. He is a little injury prone but when hes healthy hes a monster. A steal that late.

Canadian'eh!
06-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Dammit... I wanted to give you a low mark. but i have to give this draft an A because of your 1st round and the fact i really like your last 2 picks.

R. Rich
06-10-2005, 02:14 PM
The fact you got DJ and Davis in the first was awesome. Davis is a heavy hitter and I think after a year or so of development will be a solid player. I love the Canty pick late, I watched him a lot at VA. He is a little injury prone but when hes healthy hes a monster. A steal that late.

Just like it sucked that I missed out on Antonio Gates in the stocking draft, it really sucked that I missed out on two guys I wanted a little later on in WR Jerome Mathis and RB Eric Shelton. Thorpe is nice and all, but I'd rather have Mathis. Same w/ Barber. He's good, but I wanted Shelton.

R. Rich
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Dammit... I wanted to give you a low mark. but i have to give this draft an A because of your 1st round and the fact i really like your last 2 picks.

I wouldn't give it an A. Maybe a B, but a lot will depend on how effective Thorpe is as a receiver. He should get every chance to prove himself w/ the release of Morton and Kennison. As for Canty, if he comes back strong from the injuries, then I made out okay. If not, then my draft becomes almost entirely about my first round picks.

The King
06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I think late drafting is what gets the grade we all know enough to be able to make early picks.

R. Rich
06-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I think late drafting is what gets the grade we all know enough to be able to make early picks.

Agreed. Being able to get good value in later rounds is how you get the kind of depth you need.

Canadian'eh!
06-10-2005, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't give it an A. Maybe a B, but a lot will depend on how effective Thorpe is as a receiver. He should get every chance to prove himself w/ the release of Morton and Kennison. As for Canty, if he comes back strong from the injuries, then I made out okay. If not, then my draft becomes almost entirely about my first round picks.

I like Canty a lot... he's 1st round talent. Those injuries are going to be just fine as far as i've heard lately... they even think he will be ready to go for camp.

R. Rich
06-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Nobody wants to rate my sorry draft?

The King
06-11-2005, 09:52 AM
No one rated mine either rich its ok.

R. Rich
06-11-2005, 09:53 AM
No one rated mine either rich its ok. :hug:

I rated yours........didn't I?

The King
06-11-2005, 09:54 AM
No you commented on mine though.

R. Rich
06-11-2005, 12:22 PM
No you commented on mine though.

It's rated also.

Canadian'eh!
06-11-2005, 12:23 PM
yeah rich... i guess i was a bit hasty because you had 2 solid 1's and i liked your 4/5 picks... i like who you took, but i'm going to change my grade to a B due to only having 5 picks.

R. Rich
06-11-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah rich... i guess i was a bit hasty because you had 2 solid 1's and i liked your 4/5 picks... i like who you took, but i'm going to change my grade to a B due to only having 5 picks.

I just couldn't see giving my overall draft an A. My breakdown:

DJ: A (he was the best defensive player on my board; a true playmaker)
Davis: A (toughness and versatility; no one will run on the Assassins!)
Thorpe: C (great leaper and good speed, but underachiever)
Barber: C (runs well, catches well, needs to run lower and w/ more patience)
Canty: B (good value, seems to have recovered well from leg and eye injuries, could become a force on my defensive line)

Overall: B (Thorpe and Barber could bring this up...........or down.)

L.A. Playa
06-11-2005, 02:11 PM
B+ solid draft helps strong young defense get better

tampabay25690
06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Here's my 2005 rookie draft. Fire away...

ERIE ASSASSINS' 2005 ROOKIE DRAFT PICKS

Round 1 (#2) Derrick Johnson, LB, University of Texas
Round 1 (#19) Thomas Davis, S/LB, University of Georgia

Round 4 (#19) Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Florida State

Round 5 (#2) Marion Barber III, RB, University of Minnesota
Round 5 (#4) Chris Canty, DE, University of Virginia

I think you had a great draft you got 2 GREAT defensive players in the 1st round. I love Davis I watched him in the Outback Bowl and he was a stud. Johnson best LB in the draft by far and will be a starter right away...

Thorpe I really dont like WR out of FSU but could be solid for you.

Barber and Canty are great pickups in the 5th round.

Overall I think you had a very productive draft!!!!!

R. Rich
06-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I think you had a great draft you got 2 GREAT defensive players in the 1st round. I love Davis I watched him in the Outback Bowl and he was a stud. Johnson best LB in the draft by far and will be a starter right away...

Thorpe I really dont like WR out of FSU but could be solid for you.

Barber and Canty are great pickups in the 5th round.

Overall I think you had a very productive draft!!!!!

I was happy w/ my first round. It worked out almost exactly as I had hoped. But, I wasn't happy that Jerome Mathis was off the board before I could get him in the 4th. I also was hoping to have a shot @ Eric Shelton, but that didn't work out either. The Canty pick was nice. I moved up into another 5th round pick in the hopes I could land both Canty and either Shelton or Mathis.

Crisis
06-14-2005, 01:00 PM
DJ was too high, I don't like him that much.

Davis was a good pick.

Jayhawk
06-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I just couldn't see giving my overall draft an A. My breakdown:

DJ: A (he was the best defensive player on my board; a true playmaker)
Davis: A (toughness and versatility; no one will run on the Assassins!)
Thorpe: C (great leaper and good speed, but underachiever)
Barber: C (runs well, catches well, needs to run lower and w/ more patience)
Canty: B (good value, seems to have recovered well from leg and eye injuries, could become a force on my defensive line)

Overall: B (Thorpe and Barber could bring this up...........or down.)
good job man